The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

Not really. Last time I stepped off a plane onto the tarmac in New Delhi, it was 107 degrees. April is the hottest month of the year in India, and COVID doesn't like heat.

To me still pretty high numbers (right now with heat). Without the heat would hate to see how badly gets there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Justice said:

I can. It’s just that you guys give me a name from a guy that was originally made famous in the 70s and while he may have had coronavirus there’s no telling what he actually died from since they’re pinning just about every death on it. And he isn’t that famous. I don’t even know who he is. Wake me up when someone that was made famous in this millennium passes away. 

John Prine represents an era of music that could barely survive today. I actually learned about him after hearing him sing "Angel From Montgomery" with Bonnie Raitt.

Beautiful song.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, TPS said:

My issue is that I stubbornly think I can convince trumpers that he is not infallible.  I've made this same argument--that he was more concerned about the stock market than the virus--since March 1st, but there seems to be a large group here that refuses to believe he is capable of error.  In fact, I'd suggest you go back and read this thread starting from the last week in February to see how many were parroting the trump lines that the virus was no worse than the flu--the new democratic hoax. 

I even suggested that this would be his undoing in the election, so I can see why the acolytes resist the idea--he IS infallible!

Perhaps you’re right, maybe he was being optimistic.  I daresay he wasn’t the only one who screwed up early by downplaying this virus.  I think that’s got a lot to do with China and the WHO. Not exclusively, mind you. In contrast to Trump,  I only have the NYC mayor and NYS Governor to go by, and their actions and messaging show that they were of the same mind early on. And it doesn’t discount that he’s apparently listened to his staff since then - just like they did.  I don’t think party affiliation has anything to do with the facts that were presented to anyone with decision making authority early in this nightmare.  I, for one, am not going to play the blame game regarding any decisions made. I think some went too far and I think some went not far enough. Nobody was prepared for this virus.  I agree that Trump is not and never was a good messenger. Nobody at all helps him with his messaging.  If people can’t get that point by now, that’s not his problem.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

With all due respect - I give two schits about you or your opinions. 

Let's leave our opinions of posters out of this for a second and answer his very simple question.  I'll repeat it in case you forgot.  

Name one world leader that was prepared for this pandemic.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Perhaps you’re right, maybe he was being optimistic.  I daresay he wasn’t the only one who screwed up early by downplaying this virus.  I think that’s got a lot to do with China and the WHO. Not exclusively, mind you. In contrast to Trump,  I only have the NYC mayor and NYS Governor to go by, and their actions and messaging show that they were of the same mind early on. And it doesn’t discount that he’s apparently listened to his staff since then - just like they did.  I don’t think party affiliation has anything to do with the facts that were presented to anyone with decision making authority early in this nightmare.  I, for one, am not going to play the blame game regarding any decisions made. I think some went too far and I think some went not far enough. Nobody was prepared for this virus.  I agree that Trump is not and never was a good messenger. Nobody at all helps him with his messaging.  If people can’t get that point by now, that’s not his problem.

He wasn’t being optimistic....he was being selfish

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Let's leave our opinions of posters out of this for a second and answer his very simple question.  I'll repeat it in case you forgot.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

South Korea....Plus I thought we were the best

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All the stores in LA County are now by appointment only (it seems like), so you have to get a on a list before you get on another list -- just to get into the store.

I know somebody.  ;) 

Just now, TH3 said:

South Korea....Plus I thought we were the best

Maybe they were.  How were they?  And we are the best! By a long ***** shot.  The best team in football is not always the best in the league in offense, defense, AND special teams. 

Wait.  Did I just use a sports analogy?  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Xi.

If Trump wasn’t president, we would still probably be taking in infected people from Wuhan, Italy, Spain, the UK, and elsewhere. Anyone else would back down to the PC/racism/xenophobia backlash for the travel bans. We would likely be over half a million dead by now. How anyone can point blame at the ONLY guy in the US Government that acted early is astounding. There are some not so bright people out there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

If Trump wasn’t president, we would still probably be taking in infected people from Wuhan, Italy, Spain, the UK, and elsewhere. Anyone else would back down to the PC/racism/xenophobia backlash for the travel bans. We would likely be over half a million dead by now. How anyone can point blame at the ONLY guy in the US Government that acted early is astounding. There are some not so bright people out there. 

Agree with this post

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Canada... oops

Italy ... oops

Sweden... oops

France ... oops

Spain...oops

Germany ok

Iran... oops

South Korea Ok

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Data shows the New York outbreak came from Europe, not China. The virus was silently spreading here since February.

Trump sorta closed flights from China in early February. Now dimwit can’t understand the virus got here from Europe.

If Trump had acted in January, this would have been avoided!

New York coronavirus outbreak originated in Europe, studies show

Taiwan closed all their airports on 12/31/19.  As soon as they knew about the virus in China. Look how Taiwan has dealt with covid.  

America, the greatest nation in the world, is not being wipeout by war but by a virus because we have zero national leadership.

We have a president concerned more about ratings and popularity than the health and economic future of our country.  

Get us all tested 

Edited by BillStime