The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Ban-happy Michigan governor blasted for ‘insane’ overreach in response to coronavirus outbreak (here are several examples)

gretchen-whitmer-trevor-noah.jpg

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is helping prove that some Democrats don’t believe there’s any severe problem that can’t be solved by banning things. So far the list of items that are forbidden from being purchased (even though the rest of the store that you’re in remains open) includes infant car seats and garden seeds:

And if you want to spend your “stay at home” time getting some painting or flooring projects done, don’t even think about it!

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Ban-happy Michigan governor blasted for ‘insane’ overreach in response to coronavirus outbreak (here are several examples)

gretchen-whitmer-trevor-noah.jpg

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is helping prove that some Democrats don’t believe there’s any severe problem that can’t be solved by banning things. So far the list of items that are forbidden from being purchased (even though the rest of the store that you’re in remains open) includes infant car seats and garden seeds:

And if you want to spend your “stay at home” time getting some painting or flooring projects done, don’t even think about it!

This Governor is nuts !

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The dream of the left. Destroy the family, break the church. I've sounded the alarm for years, and was called a fascist. 

Yup.  Liberal policies, whether intentional or not, have destroyed the family unit and led to greater reliance on the government. 

• Like (+1) 5

Representatives from On Fire Christian Church said they have been hosting drive-in services in the church parking lot for weeks and wanted to host one on Sunday for Easter.

On Fire Christian Church representatives said all cars are parked 6 feet apart, and church members stay in their vehicles during services.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-church-to-sue-mayor-greg-fischer-for-not-allowing-drive-in-services-during-pandemic/article_556a9592-7b79-11ea-bf34-77d40680c1a6.html

I watch  Mass from my church online Sundays . Trump said he would do the same Easter watching a service from Dallas.

It's safe and comfortable  for a short time of the closings not permanent.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Liberal policies, whether intentional or not, have destroyed the family unit and led to greater reliance on the government. 

Are you trying to say that government programs that not only promote the elimination of the need for a father, a bread winner, a nuclear family unit, home ownership, a job, or faith, - but normalize it, are unhealthy?

Color me shocked

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Are you trying to say that government programs that not only promote the elimination of the need for a father, a bread winner, a nuclear family unit, home ownership, a job, or faith, - but normalize it, are unhealthy?

Color me shocked

It's not you I'm trying to color. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I blame the parents. When kids were no longer allowed to take their chances with jarts, things went downhill fast.

i still maintain it goes back farther than that, it goes back to the schoolhouse allowing calculators into math class. 

• Like (+1) 2

....how touching...neighbors helping neighbors................

Feinstein urges Trump to reverse plan to block Iran request for $5B in IMF aid, claims it is in ‘our national interest’

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has urged President Trump to reverse a reported plan to block an Iranian request to the IMF for $5 billion in aid to fight the coronavirus crisis -- saying it is in the U.S. national interest to accede to the request.

“I am disappointed to see reports that your administration intends to block Iran from receiving $5 billion in humanitarian aid from the IMF to combat the coronavirus pandemic,” Feinstein wrote in a letter dated Thursday to President Trump. “Providing these funds to Iran would help it respond more effectively to the disease and mitigate the risk of further destabilization in the region.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feinstein-trump-iran-imf-aid

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....how touching...neighbors helping neighbors................

Feinstein urges Trump to reverse plan to block Iran request for $5B in IMF aid, claims it is in ‘our national interest’

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has urged President Trump to reverse a reported plan to block an Iranian request to the IMF for $5 billion in aid to fight the coronavirus crisis -- saying it is in the U.S. national interest to accede to the request.

“I am disappointed to see reports that your administration intends to block Iran from receiving $5 billion in humanitarian aid from the IMF to combat the coronavirus pandemic,” Feinstein wrote in a letter dated Thursday to President Trump. “Providing these funds to Iran would help it respond more effectively to the disease and mitigate the risk of further destabilization in the region.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feinstein-trump-iran-imf-aid

Those IED's that they'll get with the money are a surefire way of solving the coronavirus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, shoshin said:

You don’t think we got our right assemble back after the Spanish Flu? And back then there were —mandatory— vaccinations. Now people are proud (and stupid) of not getting vaccinated. 

During times of war and pandemic, constitutional rights have been abridged before. Like now with the right to assemble. And there are other examples. Not to mention the everyday ones mentioned already where constitutional rights collide (yelling fire in a movie theater). 

This is bad enough without the histrionics about millions dead, bodies in the streets, and the start of a Brave New World/1984 police state. Let’s call the bull#### when we see it and fight back of it gets extended too far. 

Right now we need to control this disease To some extent and get back to work as soon as possible without risking another shutdown if/when the big case wave comes after this little wave dies down.

it is a race to the finish line to see whether Brave New World or 1984 wins.

• Like (+1) 1