The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

We have a president concerned more about ratings and popularity than the health and economic future of our country.  

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That trump has provided his state everything that he's requested.

He's committed seppuku.

?

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He's committed seppuku.

.....and no politician in California yet is calling for an investigation into this treasonous Governor ?

2 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Correct. Moon was hammered early on. Then folks started seeing what happened in Western countries and South Korea was an afterthought. I agree, though, that they were the most prepared due to their wonderful neighbors and the daily threats they face. And, as you point out, their experience with MERS.

Here's what's idiotic to me: The same people who blast Trump refuse to blame Merkel. Why? Simple math shows that the number of cases in Germany (per capita) is close to that of the United States. If Germany had 330 million people, they'd have more than 500,000 cases today. Let's look at some of its neighbors, using the same math:

• Spain would have 1.2 million cases 
  • Italy would have 850,000 cases
  • France would have 658,000 cases
  • The UK would have 450,000 cases

Xi is the mother****** who is to blame for this. Singling out any other world leader is ridiculous.

I predict in the distant future we find out he released the Chinese virus to stop the protesting.

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Data shows the New York outbreak came from Europe, not China. The virus was silently spreading here since February.

Trump sorta closed flights from China in early February. Now dimwit can’t understand the virus got here from Europe.

If Trump had acted in January, this would have been avoided!

New York coronavirus outbreak originated in Europe, studies show

Taiwan closed all their airports on 12/31/19.  As soon as they knew about the virus in China. Look how Taiwan has dealt with covid.  

America, the greatest nation in the world, is not being wipeout by war but by a virus because we have zero national leadership.

We have a president concerned more about ratings and popularity than the health and economic future of our country.  

Get us all tested 

He put a travel ban on Europe too! That was also met with the racism/xenophobia rhetoric. Where did Europe get the Coronavirus from? Are you trying to argue that China got the Coronavirus from Europe? Are you saying we shouldn’t have a travel ban on China because no countries can get the Coronavirus from China? 

The only sense that Trump could be blamed is in acknowledging that China used the Coronavirus as retaliation for the tariffs and trade policy changes that Trump fought for. I for one don’t think that justifies wielding a biological weapon, but Democrats would likely back the CCP like they back MS-13.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Data shows the New York outbreak came from Europe, not China. The virus was silently spreading here since February.

So you're saying that the entire nation of Covid cases and deaths came from Patient Zero in NY?

And the virus spread from NY through the rest of the country?

Because that's pretty much what you're saying. 

Did patient zero go to St. Patrick's Day celebrations with the rest of the city after DeBlazio urged them to? Or was Trump supposed to warn that person to  stay home.

Meanwhile, China thanks you for letting them off the hook. Extra fortune cookie for you. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that Fla comes in as low as it is does is astonishing.

fla.thumb.png.d6ac32cb8e5b3311cec2c0786b92bf1d.png

Florida’s numbers are low. I wonder how much that might have to do with fewer large groups congregating indoors. People move to Florida to be outdoors. As bad as a crowded beach is, the NY subway is far worse. Northerners spend so much time traveling outside of the home to engage in indoor activities. People in Florida had spent much of March outdoors. Aside from shopping, many large events are held outdoors in Florida. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He's committed seppuku.

That stupid number game?  I hate that thing.  Do a crossword orca math problem.  Not both at the same time.  Dumb.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: 

I've been blessed with a voice that can sound quite intimidating (behind a closed door). A few years in radio and doing voice work helped with the projection. I can channel TSW's favorite baritone when needed: 

I gotta say bs to that. You probably had this tape all qued up just in case.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Florida’s numbers are low. I wonder how much that might have to do with fewer large groups congregating indoors. People move to Florida to be outdoors. As bad as a crowded beach is, the NY subway is far worse. Northerners spend so much time traveling outside of the home to engage in indoor activities. People in Florida had spent much of March outdoors. Aside from shopping, many large events are held outdoors in Florida. 

food for thought, no doubt. too much unknown at this point to make any educated reasonable deductions really.

47 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That stupid number game?  I hate that thing.  Do a crossword orca math problem.  Not both at the same time.  Dumb.

accept math!

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Florida has cases in line with other places and even ahead of them from where they were a few weeks ago. They are not projected to peak for 3 more weeks while other states NY, NJ, PA) in the NE are peaking now. I think it's a little too early to say it is out of the woods yet. 

25 minutes ago, Magox said:

A really good day for the country.  A substantial drop in deaths from yesterday.    Approximately about 450 less than the previous day.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I hope so but Spain and Italy didn't drop precipitously and in fact are running a little lower than their highs but sat for a long time within 20% of its peak deaths. It might just be a holiday and things are getting undercounted. It's really hard to look at a single day and feel too confident. Still better to be down than up. 

image.thumb.png.b111ecc824f76bceb772b39a4268eb9d.png

(Spain also big drop today)

image.thumb.png.802aeaa41b2b695737d98d88075b43fa.png

Edited by shoshin

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Florida has cases in line with other places and even ahead of them from where they were a few weeks ago. They are not projected to peak for 3 more weeks while other states NY, NJ, PA) in the NE are peaking now. I think it's a little too early to say it is out of the woods yet. 

I hope so but Spain and Italy didn't drop precipitously and in fact are running a little lower than their highs but sat for a long time at their peak deaths. It might just be a holiday and things are getting undercounted. It's really hard to look at a single day and feel too confident. Still better to be down than up. 

I know what you mean. It's picking up in small rural town I live in NY. Was only 12 cases couple days ago now up to 28 for the county.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan