The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

there might need to be another thread created for the violence if we don't come out of this lock

down soon.

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1249042949515681798

I'm ok (not happy with but ok) with the lockdown till May1. After that lets get this thing going! Back to work guys. Nothing to see here.

49 minutes ago, Justice said:

That’s no surprise. Celebs and politicians have a zero percent mortality rate. 

John Prine says. "Hello in there Hello"
DC Tom says "You're an *****"

Edited by Uncle Joe

7 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I'm ok (not happy with but ok) with the lockdown till May1. After that lets get this thing going! Back to work guys. Nothing to see here.

if it begins, it will begin in the impoverished areas.

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

there might need to be another thread created for the violence if we don't come out of this lock

down soon.

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1249042949515681798

Took 28 days, but we had our first super shady attempt to get into our apartment yesterday -- we live in a bigger building, 100+ residents. Started with knocking and a man asking my significant other if she dropped something outside and to open the door. She refused (because: duh), the knocking became banging, then a tool of some kind to our lock. 

Called the cops -- they said they aren't responding to less than an actual B&E, not an attempted B&E. 

The only plus is took about ten seconds for my s/o to move from "we don't need a gun in LA" to "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A GUN?!" :lol: 

Only 33 more days to go in LA County... I'm sure it won't get worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

John Prine says. "Hello in there Hello"
DC Tom says "You're an *****"

I’m out. This is why I left in the first place. And who???? Can’t be respectful adults around here. Peace. 

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Took 28 days, but we had our first super shady attempt to get into our apartment yesterday -- we live in a bigger building, 100+ residents. Started with knocking and a man asking my significant other if she dropped something outside and to open the door. She refused (because: duh), the knocking became banging, then a tool of some kind to our lock. 

Called the cops -- they said they aren't responding to less than an actual B&E, not an attempted B&E. 

The only plus is took about ten seconds for my s/o to move from "we don't need a gun in LA" to "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A GUN?!" :lol: 

geesus, DR.  stay safe, please. the muckers are only going to be emboldened when they discover that the police are not going to respond. many things that might work outside of an actual gun. gas powered paslode nail guns for instance...

• Like (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So how did it end up? 

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Glad you are both well.  Super scary.

I do not like guns, but then again my husband is loaded for bear (literally), so I do not have to like them (because he does). When are you putting in for your permit?  ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

So how did it end up? 

I was asleep when it started. The banging woke me up. I ran downstairs and used my "man" voice to ask him what the F he wanted (in more colorful language) and the guy took off. My guess is that he either saw my girl on our porch from outside and assumed she was alone/easy target and the sound of a second person inside changed his calculus. She got his description, we gave it to the cops (I didn't get a visual, he was gone by the time I got to the door) but she didn't think he lived in our building. 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Glad you are both well.  Super scary.

I do not like guns, but then again my husband is loaded for bear (literally), so I do not have to like them (because he does). When are you putting in for your permit?  ?

:beer: 

Yesterday afternoon! :lol: My s/o prefers knives, so she ordered a 9 inch bowie knife. I tried to point out that using an edged weapon in a pandemic isn't as safe as a ranged weapon -- but she already committed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Justice said:

I’m out. This is why I left in the first place. And who???? Can’t be respectful adults around here. Peace. 

"any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I suspect it would take at least 30 of those days to get a gun in CA at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Justice said:

I'm pretty sure you know who DC Tom is. Right now, he's on hiatus from this place so others are stepping in with his signature, "you're an idiot" which was given when people were actually idiots, as a term of quasi-endearment (er, not that Tom would ever qualify it as such), and to point out mistakes.

John Prine is an A-lister who died of COVID-19.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Walked into a gun shop here last week at 4:30 p.m. and walked out with a Walther 9mm by 5 p.m.

'Merica.

All the stores in LA County are now by appointment only (it seems like), so you have to get a on a list before you get on another list -- just to get into the store.

22 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You can't handle a little ribbing? Did you sell your passcode to transplantbillsfan? :lol:

I can. It’s just that you guys give me a name from a guy that was originally made famous in the 70s and while he may have had coronavirus there’s no telling what he actually died from since they’re pinning just about every death on it. And he isn’t that famous. I don’t even know who he is. Wake me up when someone that was made famous in this millennium passes away.