The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  Desantis absolutely rejected fed money for the last climate catastrophe.  Louisiana and Texas too.  Go big Red independence.  Who's tax dollars paid more to help?  MAGA's for sure!  Please, please let the R governors pledge no further fed money.  It will help enormously with the budget and we can avoid default.  All hat and no cattle...

Edited by redtail hawk

36 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes.  Desantis absolutely rejected fed money for the last climate catastrophe.  Louisiana and Texas too.  Go big Red independence.  Who's tax dollars paid more to help?  MAGA's for sure!  Please, please let the R governors pledge no further fed money.  It will help enormously with the budget and we can avoid default.  All hat and no cattle...

Um….wut?  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in this thread myself, and a whole bunch of smart conservatives told you Democrats would use this sham to declare a State of Emergency!  on …….. everything from the climate, to guns, and - to school choice!!?????

Omg 

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We gratefully acknowledge support from the Tobin Center for Economic Policy at Yale University and the Yale School of Public Health COVID-19 Rapid Response Research Fund. The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Bureau of Economic Research. NBER working papers are circulated for discussion and comment purposes. They have not been peer-reviewed or been subject to the review by the NBER Board of Directors that accompanies official NBER publications.

you actually look at the data?  

Contamination Bias in Linear Regressions (nber.org)

Blind trust in VICE or a PAC that's referencing a non-peer reviewed paper.

crap like that is why Vice folded and got bought out.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/15/1173260377/vice-media-bankruptcy

https://nypost.com/2023/05/08/soros-fund-nears-400m-deal-to-buy-vice-media-out-of-bankruptcy-report/

• 2 weeks later...

Wuhan_Institute_of_Virology_main_entranc

CASE CLOSED: IT WAS A LAB LEAK

The Sunday London Times, out today, has a long, long article about the origins of the covid-19 virus in the lab at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Until the far-off day when Chinese sources open up honestly, it will stand as definitive proof of not just the lab leak hypothesis, but the conclusion that covid-19 was a human creation. Its conclusions are unqualified:

Scientists in Wuhan working alongside the Chinese military were combining the world’s most deadly coronaviruses to create a new mutant virus just as the pandemic began.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/06/case-closed-it-was-a-lab-leak.php

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/inside-wuhan-lab-covid-pandemic-china-america-qhjwwwvm0

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Wuhan_Institute_of_Virology_main_entranc

CASE CLOSED: IT WAS A LAB LEAK

The Sunday London Times, out today, has a long, long article about the origins of the covid-19 virus in the lab at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Until the far-off day when Chinese sources open up honestly, it will stand as definitive proof of not just the lab leak hypothesis, but the conclusion that covid-19 was a human creation. Its conclusions are unqualified:

Scientists in Wuhan working alongside the Chinese military were combining the world’s most deadly coronaviruses to create a new mutant virus just as the pandemic began.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/06/case-closed-it-was-a-lab-leak.php

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/inside-wuhan-lab-covid-pandemic-china-america-qhjwwwvm0

You mean to tell me that a viral outbreak that started in a city that has a lab that studies these viruses...came from the lab?  Wow!

• Thank you (+1) 1

NOBODY CARES EXCEPT FOR THE SAD HOLDOUTS STILL DOING THESE THINGS WITHOUT WHITE HOUSE GUIDANCE: 

White House Sends Out Guidance Mandating Face Masks and Social Distancing for the Unvaccinated.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/06/11/white-house-sends-out-guidance-mandating-face-masks-and-social-distancing-for-the-unvaccinated-n1702282

• Like (+1) 1

At some point in the next 2-3 years we’re going to know what Trump knows.  

But January 6!!

Microbiologist Kevin McKernan—a former researcher and team leader for the MIT Human Genome Project—has discovered massive DNA contamination in the mRNA COVID-19 shots, including simian virus 40 (SV40) promoters.

SV40 has been linked to cancer in humans, including mesotheliomas, lymphomas, and cancers of the brain and bone. In 2002, the Lancet published evidence linking polio vaccines contaminated with SV40 to Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. According to the authors, the vaccine may be responsible for up to 50 percent of the 55,000 Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cases diagnosed each year.

The level of contamination varies depending on the platform used to measure it, but no matter which method is used, the level of DNA contamination is significantly higher than the regulatory limits in both Europe and the United States. The highest level of DNA contamination found was 30 percent.

The finding of DNA means the mRNA COVID-19 shots may have the ability to alter the human genome.

Even if genetic modification does not occur, the fact that you’re getting foreign DNA into your cells poses a risk in and of itself. Partial expression could occur, or it might interfere with other transcription translations that are already in the cell. Cytoplasmic transfection can also allow for genetic manipulation, as the nucleus disassembles and exchanges cellular components with the cytosol during cell division.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Went to the movies yesterday. There was a mom wearing a mask with her two young kids, who were also masked. She was wiping down every surface in and around her seats, while the poor kids waited in the aisle. I’m going to pray that one of them has an immune disease, otherwise I cannot imagine the hell those kids are living through. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Went to the movies yesterday. There was a mom wearing a mask with her two young kids, who were also masked. She was wiping down every surface in and around her seats, while the poor kids waited in the aisle. I’m going to pray that one of them has an immune disease, otherwise I cannot imagine the hell those kids are living through. 

I pray they aren't dangerously immunocompromised, because the measures you described are largely useless in a crowded theater anyway.

I did a simple experiment with my kids during covid. I got some agar plates for growing bacteria and we swabbed a variety of surfaces in our house: countertops, remotes, phones, door handles, toilet seats etc. and streaked the plates. I of course included a negative control of a blank swab. The next day all the plates, except negative control, had bacteria growing on them.

Moral for my kids, bacteria have been and always will be surrounding you. This is a fact of life. Yes there are things you can do to minimize risk, like washing hands, but going to extreme measures doesn't lessen your risk and has the added detriment of impeding your normal life.

And the above experiment was only for bacteria, you can't culture viruses this way, but they do indeed surround us as well.

Another anecdote I like to tell involves some of my work travel during covid. I often travel to universities and hospitals, so you can imagine how these places were on lockdown with extreme rules. Temperature checks, masks, the whole nine yards.

There was one exception however. I visited the department chair of INFECTIOUS DISEASE at a research institution in the southeast. He greeted me in the lobby maskless and with an outstretched ungloved hand for shaking. I of course asked him about masking and regulations that I needed to follow and he just waved me off. :lol:

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I pray they aren't dangerously immunocompromised, because the measures you described are largely useless in a crowded theater anyway.

I did a simple experiment with my kids during covid. I got some agar plates for growing bacteria and we swabbed a variety of surfaces in our house: countertops, remotes, phones, door handles, toilet seats etc. and streaked the plates. I of course included a negative control of a blank swab. The next day all the plates, except negative control, had bacteria growing on them.

Moral for my kids, bacteria have been and always will be surrounding you. This is a fact of life. Yes there are things you can do to minimize risk, like washing hands, but going to extreme measures doesn't lessen your risk and has the added detriment of impeding your normal life.

And the above experiment was only for bacteria, you can't culture viruses this way, but they do indeed surround us as well.

Another anecdote I like to tell involves some of my work travel during covid. I often travel to universities and hospitals, so you can imagine how these places were on lockdown with extreme rules. Temperature checks, masks, the whole nine yards.

There was one exception however. I visited the department chair of INFECTIOUS DISEASE at a research institution in the southeast. He greeted me in the lobby maskless and with an outstretched ungloved hand for shaking. I of course asked him about masking and regulations that I needed to follow and he just waved me off. :lol:

What I found just as disturbing is this hype sensitive mother took her WAY TOO young kids to see The Flash which anyone will tell you is NOT appropriate for little kids. 

20 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you're that paranoid...why go to a public place? 

Just now, Doc said:

If you're that paranoid...why go to a public place? 

That’s exactly what I was thinking while I watched them. Again, there’s no telling what her concern was but I think it’s safe to guess it was about Covid. It shows how the virus fear mongers messed with her head and now the heads of her children. Shocking, really. 

On 6/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, B-Man said:

of coarse they dont. none of them do. its shifted to er um decisions had to be made in a "short" time. er um the entire world reacted like fools so its ok. forget the years following where data was clearly drawn between masking, lockdowns high vax being reinfected like Israel. the way the canadien truckers were treated. sickning. 

i and alot of others can look back on our responses and time stamps in this thread and know we were on the side that could have saved alot of economic suffering we have today. could have saved our kids and buisnesses and had a economy better then ever. but in the mean time the jacka$$es screaming MURDERER! ANTIVAXER!! are still on here talking about others in a cult. acting as if they just made a honest mistake that should be forgotten. i really need to come back to this thread and pull a few responses on some of these members who are so condescending towards others. half the posts are prob deleted now...but not the quotes. them are forever. 🧐

Edited by Buffarukus

46 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You probably still think there are WMD’s in Iraq, and are holding out hope because that’s what the government told you…😉

Why did so many people die of COVID?

Why did so many MAGA nutters die of COVID for refusing to take the “jab” once they were available?

Next?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1