The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, B-Man said:

Most people do.

Unless you are referring to yourself as "no one"

Yet you respond without knowing what the articles truly say.............the sign of a fool.

Always read you're post man. Might disagree with some but most, they have great content. Always try to learn from them. Thanks sharing stuff with us man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Always read you're post man. Might disagree with some but most, they have great content. Always try to learn from them. Thanks sharing stuff with us man.

Thanks..................................however, prepare to be insulted by a small mind.

China greeting WHO on their arrival:

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Most people do.

Unless you are referring to yourself as "no one"

Yet you respond without knowing what the articles truly say.............the sign of a fool.

I read a lot of your stuff. Unfortunately, I also read your Bill Slime quotes. ?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The two things worry the most is how long antibody last. There is some saying might not last long. Well see future topic on this. 

Mutation. Seems like the virus trying to be more infectious and less deadly. Hopefully stays this route and be less deadly for everyone. But worrys me if does something different in mutating. 

Ya our rural area has lots of test and roughly been 1-4 cases per day. Rural area. Highest I think 5  (for one day)for NY witch is good. But then see the border only have about 700 tests 5 miles away only like 26 cases. Lot's less tests. I'm confused lol. Rural but but bigger town then one here in NY.

I suppose the antibodies at some point begin to weaken as if it were on a slipping spectrum.   I don’t think they just disappear from one day to the other but the effectiveness of the antibodies most likely do hit an inflection point of resistance.  

Previous coronaviruses antibodies lasted between a year or two before they meaningfully weakened. With that said, the immune system develops more defenses.  Everyone talks about the antibodies but the immune system when hit with a virus like the corona virus also replicates other defenses similar to antibodies.  T cells being one of them.

The antibodies protect against viruses before they attack the cells.  But even if they get past that and attack the cells, T cells that were replicated from a previous COVID-19 infection are then replicated to fight the virus from within the cell.  These T cells attack the virus once the virus penetrates the cells and help destroy the virus before they infect other cells.   This is why there seems to be growing evidence that even past coronaviruses and virus infections produced these T cells that are helping serve as a defense causing asymptomatic to mild symptoms.   This is also most likely on a spectrum.  Defenses ranging from effectively attacking the virus so much so that they don’t even register as a COVID-19 infection, to an asymptomatic infection to a mild infection to more serious ones.   

Think of it as a couple lines of defense.  One defense that is outside of your home being the antibodies and the other being inside the home being the T cells.   I wouldn’t fret too much about the antibodies weakening, even if it did after a short time period the T cells would be there and most likely the T cells replicated from COVID-19 would even serve as a better defense than the T cells replicated from previous coronaviruses.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Mutation. Seems like the virus trying to be more infectious and less deadly. Hopefully stays this route and be less deadly for everyone. But worrys me if does something different in mutating. 

Hey, look for the silver lining.

Maybe it will mutate so much that humans will eventually only become carriers and the only species that dies from it are mosquitos.

Then no more Covid and no more malaria. Win win!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Magox said:

I suppose the antibodies at some point begin to weaken as if it were on a slipping spectrum.   I don’t think they just disappear from one day to the other but the effectiveness of the antibodies most likely do hit an inflection point of resistance.  

Previous coronaviruses antibodies lasted between a year or two before they meaningfully weakened. With that said, the immune system develops more defenses.  Everyone talks about the antibodies but the immune system when hit with a virus like the corona virus also replicates other defenses similar to antibodies.  T cells being one of them.

The antibodies protect against viruses before they attack the cells.  But even if they get past that and attack the cells, T cells that were replicated from a previous COVID-19 infection are then replicated to fight the virus from within the cell.  These T cells attack the virus once the virus penetrates the cells and help destroy the virus before they infect other cells.   This is why there seems to be growing evidence that even past coronaviruses and virus infections produced these T cells that are helping serve as a defense causing asymptomatic to mild symptoms.   This is also most likely on a spectrum.  Defenses ranging from effectively attacking the virus so much so that they don’t even register as a COVID-19 infection, to an asymptomatic infection to a mild infection to more serious ones.   

Think of it as a couple lines of defense.  One defense that is outside of your home being the antibodies and the other being inside the home being the T cells.   I wouldn’t fret too much about the antibodies weakening, even if it did after a short time period the T cells would be there and most likely the T cells replicated from COVID-19 would even serve as a better defense than the T cells replicated from previous coronaviruses.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Magox

Right thanks Magox. Totally understand what you are saying. Everything makes sense. Thank you and very helpful post.  Didn't study antibodies and other things hell not much of human and all of this stuff besides this year when corona came out. Try to learn everything quickly and efficient as possible. It's pretty complex. But there are those helped me, you many others here, youtube and other places.  Thank you. Everything making sense. 

23 minutes ago, snafu said:

Maybe it will mutate so much that humans will eventually only become carriers and the only species that dies from it are mosquitos.

lol maybe Lyme disease (all ticks)  can go away as well (mosquitos can go away).  Huge win lol

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right thanks Magox. Totally understand what you are saying. Everything makes sense. Thank you and very helpful post.  Didn't study antibodies and other things hell not much of human and all of this stuff besides this year when corona came out. Try to learn everything quickly and efficient as possible. It's pretty complex. But there are those helped me, you many others here, youtube and other places.  Thank you. Everything making sense. 

lol maybe Lyme disease (all ticks)  can go away as well (mosquitos can go away).  Huge win lol

I edited my post slightly to amend a few of the things I said.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

THat's the type of out-of-the-box thinking that 2020 needs.

17 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

God help all who think the sock mask is going to save them.

Yep, unless it's a M-95 mask, and even then, there is no guarantee you won't get the virus. It gives a sense of safety, nothing more

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

My mask helps you. Are you still not getting that?

I get that and I wear a mask for that reason, however, the mask is only one of many defenses a person has in their quiver.  Have you seen some of the masks people are wearing and how they are wearing them?

14 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I get that and I wear a mask for that reason, however, the mask is only one of many defenses a person has in their quiver.  Have you seen some of the masks people are wearing and how they are wearing them?

Of course. Some people wear them poorly but the majority that I see look good. 

Masks help, I wear them out of courtesy more so than anything.   With that said they are overrated, they help but they aren’t anything close to being THE solution to limit the spread.   I’ve brought up the example a few times, Los Angeles instituted the mandatory mask Ordinance  nearly a month ago.  They didn’t open up their economy as quickly as other places, they have a lot more leftists which presumably are more compliant mask wearers and remember the media and their followers have all told us that the protests didn’t spread the virus (lol) and yet they have one of the worst viral outbreaks if not worst in the country.  So clearly we know masks aren’t THE solution to limit the spread.  

The toothpaste is out the tube for these cities with outbreaks, not much can be done at this point for them, it’s just going to have to burnout.   

• Like (+1) 1

Nationally, the number of patients in ICU has barely budged and the % of patients in ICU as a % of overall hospitalizations is WAY down.

less than 4% of US hospital capacity is currently covid.

7% of baseline ICU is.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/10/2020 at 2:13 PM, Big Blitz said:

Germany!  They did soooooo much better than us!

Well, actually, they do. According to the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries web site, in the last three days we had an average of 65,000 new cases per day in the US versus less than 500 in Germany. The US death count is 500-1000 per day; in Germany, the average is below 10. 

Edited by DrW

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nationally, the number of patients in ICU has barely budged and the % of patients in ICU as a % of overall hospitalizations is WAY down.

7% of baseline ICU is.

This is great news.  We're starting to see the effects of better treatment methods and medicines.  

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

7% of baseline ICU is.

Do they have state by state data since this thing moved from the North East to the Southern and Western states?

57 minutes ago, DrW said:

Well, actually, they do. According to the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries web site, in the last three days we had an average of 65,000 new cases per day in the US versus less than 500 in Germany. The US death count is 500-1000 per day; in Germany, the average is below 10. 

Timing could be relative but so far, not much question that Germany is doing way better than us. 1500 case flare up over a few days in the entire country is a long way from panic time for DE. 

2 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

Yep, unless it's a M-95 mask, and even then, there is no guarantee you won't get the virus. It gives a sense of safety, nothing more

completely wrong. its a sense of being a decent human being. wearing a mask totally cuts down on the risk of transmission. not wearing one shows you have no care if you get someone infected. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

His last point is the wildcard right now. Whether the reopening NE states with currently low case counts start to rise quickly once they/we open is unknown. My hope is that the FL/TX/AZ/SoCal thing is just a result of them not having been hit hard yet. If they follow the trends elsewhere, they'd peak in 3-4 weeks on deaths--but that prediction is based on places that shutdown. Uncharted water here with states that are resisting going backwards. 

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

completely wrong. its a sense of being a decent human being. wearing a mask totally cuts down on the risk of transmission. not wearing one shows you have no care if you get someone infected. 

I didn't say not to wear one, but thinking that it makes you safe from the virus is fallacy. Thousands who wore a mask still got it. Does it help some? Sure, as does distancing, washing hands. Staying inside 24/7 is the best way to avoid it, and if you have underlying conditions, that what you should be doing.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, DrW said:

I think you're missing my point.  

The numbers, cases, all meaningless.  Deaths matter more sure and hopefully they continue declining overall.  Don't want deaths.  Apparently you have to clarify that as you advocate for mankinds livelihoods.  

If your idea of "success" or "beating" the virus is indefinitely mandated social distancing and limited capacity everywhere, temp checks, quarantines for 2 weeks when you visit New Zealand (all island States or nations will do this), no mass gatherings..........we haven't beaten anything.

My point exactly.  

We're going to be distancing till they get their vaccines.  

There are no "good" covid numbers.  The sooner we all realize we're being played the better. 

But it's an election year and Team Red and Team Blue fighting are a distraction for how awful life is going to be for months if not years.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My point exactly.  

We're going to be distancing till they get their vaccines.  

There are no "good" covid numbers.  The sooner we all realize we're being played the better. 

But it's an election year and Team Red and Team Blue fighting are a distraction for how awful life is going to be for months if not years.  

Past 3.5 years have sucked. If Trump wins it will only get worse.

38 minutes ago, GOBUFFALO716 said:

Past 3.5 years have sucked. If Trump wins it will only get worse.

Geezus.

Who fricking cares.  This kind of thinking only serves to prove to people that think this is a sham that it truly is deep down about hurting Trump as much as possible.  Blame him for everything. 

Meanwhile, there really is no end game which I just specifically said we all need answers to, this is beyond the point of needing justification and explanation.  

But they aren't doing that.  

And if what I've read about what this virus truly is is fact.....we are seriously f....ed and that's why they'd rather have us fighting each other then demanding answers as if this is ok. 

Look around the world.  That's here once "cases!" start to decline.  

Years.  Distancing.  Half capacity.  That's an economic and societal disaster.

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Geezus.

Who fricking cares.  This kind of thinking only serves to prove to people that think this is a sham that it truly is deep down about hurting Trump as much as possible.  Blame him for everything. 

Meanwhile, there really is no end game which I just specifically said we all need answers to, this is beyond the point of needing justification and explanation.  

But they aren't doing that.  

And if what I've read about what this virus truly is is fact.....we are seriously f....ed and that's why they'd rather have us fighting each other then demanding answers as if this is ok. 

Look around the world.  That's here once "cases!" start to decline.  

Years.  

Best you got? 

Who is THEY? Who wants us distracted by what’s going on w Trumps lack of attention to the virus?

He is the President after all, right?

7 hours ago, GOBUFFALO716 said:

Best you got? 

Who is THEY? Who wants us distracted by what’s going on w Trumps lack of attention to the virus?

He is the President after all, right?

Without a cure, and with pretty much everything else in place, what exactly would you like this, or any other President to do right now? The virus is doing what viruses do....and despite all of the fear mongering and hand ringing by you and the media, it has yet to overwhelm anything! So go about your life. Wear your seatbelt when your car is moving, wear your mask when you’re indoors near strangers , wear closed toed shoes when you’re mowing the lawn, wear protective glasses when you’re using power tools, wear a condom when you’re having relations with strangers....anything else? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Saturday, not a single state reported triple digits Covid deaths. The end.

But they do pile up the dead numbers and wait until Tuesday to report them.  Why?  To create mid week hysteria?  Bureaucratic delays are not an acceptable excuse when a GLOBAL PANDEMIC is ERUPTING!!!!11!!!!!1!!!111!

19 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

But they do pile up the dead numbers and wait until Tuesday to report them.  Why?  To create mid week hysteria?  Bureaucratic delays are not an acceptable excuse when a GLOBAL PANDEMIC is ERUPTING!!!!11!!!!!1!!!111!

I’ve watched these numbers for months now. I think it’s just because even the coroner’s office needs a weekend. But, having watched it as closely as I have I wouldn’t get bent out of shape about it. Yes, there’s a spike that occurs every Tuesday but it’s rarely that big of a spike if you know the pattern.