The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He posts incessantly about Trump. He appears to be obsessed. See answering questions is easy. 

No way....a left wing lemming obsessed about Trump??  He must be the only one.

13 hours ago, Magox said:

Another report that shows trends improving

Tests leveling in last week to 10 days. %positive much less meaningful except maybe locally. Case counts (flat) in the last 2 weeks are a much improved indicator of spread. If tests remain level, case counts can be viewed as a leading indicator with hospitalization as the measure of usage of our most limited resource. 

I would expect tests to increase at some point as rapid diagnostic tests (hopefully accurate ones) become available and are in widespread use at larger places of business. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

why do I get the suspicion that a certain contingent is rooting for a big spike in deaths in the states that are reopening with looser restrictions?

Hey, look on the bright side, you can blame them instead of the people who are making others unsafe 

8 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

So, you are not sure. So, it’s possible that he/she is actually not obsessed? 

Yes it is my opinion he is obsessed. Kind of like it’s my opinion you’re obsessed with me. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Whatever floats your boat I guess. 

I realize yesterday was Sunday but I’ll post the numbers anyway. Yesterday only NY state registered just barely over 100 deaths and two thirds of the country were in low single digits or none at all. Now....before the Covid ‘fans’ start ranting about it being a weekend, doesn’t seem odd that the system apparently takes the weekend off during a PANDEMIC? Still, the numbers speak for themselves. The virus has run its course. The curve is no longer a curve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I realize yesterday was Sunday but I’ll post the numbers anyway. Yesterday only NY state registered just barely over 100 deaths and two thirds of the country were in low single digits or none at all. Now....before the Covid ‘fans’ start ranting about it being a weekend, doesn’t seem odd that the system apparently takes the weekend off during a PANDEMIC? Still, the numbers speak for themselves. The virus has run its course. The curve is no longer a curve.

....but, BUT what about POLITICAL capital?......how can you DEVALUE fear mongering?......saw a poll somewhere where respondents (?) said Trump was better for handling the economy but Biden was better handling the Covid-19 Pandemic.......figure THAT out.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but, BUT what about POLITICAL capital?......how can you DEVALUE fear mongering?......saw a poll somewhere where respondents (?) said Trump was better for handling the economy but Biden was better handling the Covid-19 Pandemic.......figure THAT out.....

I tend to look at everything from the 35,000 foot level rather than the daily chatter. I remember when we were moving hospital ships into major cities on both coasts, when folks were hoarding toilet paper, when ventilators were all the panic, and when the nation was at a tipping point with millions about to die. Now look at where we are, and tell me that some commentators aren’t still acting like the above list of hair-on-fire calamities isn’t still going on today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I tend to look at everything from the 35,000 foot level rather than the daily chatter. I remember when we were moving hospital ships into major cities on both coasts, when folks were hoarding toilet paper, when ventilators were all the panic, and when the nation was at a tipping point with millions about to die. Now look at where we are, and tell me that some commentators aren’t still acting like the above list of hair-on-fire calamities isn’t still going on today. 

.and I agree.......in defense, it is a pandemic of epic proportions, perhaps going back to 1917......at ALL government levels, I think we were under prepared for something 1/10 or even LESS for an occurrence like this....I'm an old school (REAL old) fan of being pro-active......and I think the need to be pro-active has been diminished over time because officials tout the ability to be "lightning strike reactive".....if, IF reporting (?) is accurate, medical stockpiles of varying types were very low, despite Feds appropriating billions for preparedness a few years ago.....and individual states blew money elsewhere (how does NYC fail miserably with even MINUSCULE preparedness despite population density of 9 million?).....why does the likes of Connecticut's Governor (yes a Dem and hats off) have a "rainy day fund" of $2.5 billion set up for the unforeseen?.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes it is my opinion he is obsessed. Kind of like it’s my opinion you’re obsessed with me. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Whatever floats your boat I guess. 

As usual! 

44F5010E-91D1-4D69-B9CF-DDCD143E7D1B.jpeg

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Just Substitute VIRUS for THEFT and you have the Left's argument

Stopping Theft Everywhere - Dilbert by Scott Adams

We have several people here who could be the guy in the brown shirt. Brownshirt? Where have I heard that before? 

• Like (+1) 1

Cool data visualization that allows you to view hospitalization (and other) data over time. I know that for my state, the hospitalization data is lumpy and not perhaps the most reliable, but it's a good resource for viewing any state compared to another quickly. 

image.thumb.png.1b31a27594ede63cb28c0d813949cada.png

image.thumb.png.b7b6506cfb13d8e1e35b506755e7af67.png

Also this on hospitalizations. Definitely something to keep an eye on. I skimmed the states and am not sure what state contributed to the jump significantly. MN, KY, MD all seem on the rise but many more on the decline so I can't make the aggregate in this Tweet work at a state by state level. (Part of me wonders if the increase might be due to some states not reporting before this week...keep on eye on this in the next 2-3 weeks to see the trend.)

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That one guy is a ***** nutjob. Claims a 6% death rate, then flips out when CDC stats show it's far less?

Many people have no concept of math regarding percentages. .06 is of course the same as 6% while .06% is 6/100ths of 1%. 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I think you need to read up on the difference between stating a fact and an opinion. 

...I think you need to LOWER your expectations as far as fact or supportive opinion dialogue with this clown....seriously?........

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Making sense. Just a wow video.

Oxygen deprivation at a cellular level occurs way before the damage to lung tissues.  That's why early treatment is crucial.  Putting people on ventilators is like a Hail Mary.  This video never gets into root cause and effective treatment strategy.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s not proof. That’s your opinion. 

Game/Set/Match 

Sorry, you made the initial statement. You provide the proof or you are just fake news like your boy!! 

5 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Sorry, you made the initial statement. You provide the proof or you are just fake news like your boy!! 

Tell ya what. Do us all a favor and google the difference between a fact and an opinion. Once you’ve done that I hope you’re thoroughly embarrassed by asking someone to prove an opinion.

Later........ 

59 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Oxygen deprivation at a cellular level occurs way before the damage to lung tissues.  That's why early treatment is crucial.  Putting people on ventilators is like a Hail Mary.  This video never gets into root cause and effective treatment strategy.

He did with other videos. 

But agree early treatment is crucial. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Tell ya what. Do us all a favor and google the difference between a fact and an opinion. Once you’ve done that I hope you’re thoroughly embarrassed by asking someone to prove an opinion.

Later........ 

Welcome to an internet message board!

You really are as dumb as I thought you were. At first, I didn’t think it was possible! 

Edited by Q-baby!

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Welcome to an internet message board!

You really are as dumb as I thought you were. At first, I didn’t think it was possible! 

Thanks.  When you’re losing a debate you end the debate and call the other person names.  

Question. Why are you spending so much time obsessing with someone who you think is dumb? Doesn’t this say a hell of a lot more about you than is does about me?  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Thanks.  When you’re losing a debate you end the debate and call the other person names.  

Question. Why are you spending so much time obsessing with someone who you think is dumb? Doesn’t this say a hell of a lot more about you than is does about me?  

Because I know it drives you crazy! ???

So crazy that you can’t help yourself! ???