The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

He didn't say he was going to be "looking at reopening over Easter."

He said the economy would be "opened up and just raring to go by Easter."

I don't really care that he was wrong but let's not spin this into him being right. 

No, he did not. He said that he would like to have it open by Easter, that it would seem appropriate to do so. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I don't really care that he was wrong but let's not spin this into him being right. 

How about using his real words?

I’d love to have it open by Easter, OK? I would love to have it open by Easter. I will tell you that right now,”  “It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’ll make it an important day for this, too,” he added. “I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GG said:

Do you ever run out of supply of stupid comments?   

Do you enjoy trolling in what's supposed to be a serious topic?  Do you care that the entire food supply chain could collapse if a handful of key meat packing plants at the food giants are shut down?   There are a hell of a lot more companies that can make ventilators than the choke points that can emerge in the food supply.   

Unless you're channeling your inner Bloomberg, but the consequences of restarting a farming cycle is a bit more critical than the automakers halting auto production for 8 weeks.

Hoax.  The principal premise of the original post was that the availability of bacon is no more important than the availability of PPE for those on the front lines of the pandemic.  We struck quickly on the breakfast issue.  We should have moved just as quickly to ensure the protection of our health care professionals. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 hour ago, GG said:

Do you ever run out of supply of stupid comments?   

Do you enjoy trolling in what's supposed to be a serious topic?  Do you care that the entire food supply chain could collapse if a handful of key meat packing plants at the food giants are shut down?   There are a hell of a lot more companies that can make ventilators than the choke points that can emerge in the food supply.   

Unless you're channeling your inner Bloomberg, but the consequences of restarting a farming cycle is a bit more critical than the automakers halting auto production for 8 weeks.

Given the seriousness of the topic I await your stinging rebuke of the poster who intrigued us with the photo of scrumptious bacon facemasks. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Given the seriousness of the topic I await your stinging rebuke of the poster who intrigued us with the photo of scrumptious bacon facemasks. 

Only made possible because Tyson & Smithfield are not allowed to close.

7 minutes ago, GG said:

How about using his real words?

I’d love to have it open by Easter, OK? I would love to have it open by Easter. I will tell you that right now,”  “It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’ll make it an important day for this, too,” he added. “I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

Good to supply the full quote, thank you--I only had the partial. 

On another topic, let's make sure we don't do this: Japan Haikkado back into lockdown after cases rise to levels higher than before first lockdown. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Only made possible because Tyson & Smithfield are not allowed to close.

Hoax.  You don’t know that the bacon in that image was processed following the subject invocation of the DPA.  

Also, now that the gravity of this internet message board discussion has been reinforced, I continue to await your rebuke of the poster who found an amazing new use for the already-versatile bacon, namely, that of levity.  

Carry on. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

test everyone any time they enter a public place.  Test ‘em long, and test ‘em hard

Is there even such a rapid test available ? In the amount needed , which would be massive ? Imagine going to say, five places in a given day and being tested each time. I just don’t see this as a realistic thing. 

35 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Good to supply the full quote, thank you--I only had the partial. 

You didn't just have the partial quote; you attempted to paint him as being wrong by using incomplete information as fact.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

This board already has enough chuckleheads like Tibs and Billstime and TH3 and Zevon, etc. making up quotes and lines to advance a narrative because they're too effin' stupid to think for themselves.

Don't be that chucklehead.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You didn't just have the partial quote; you attempted to paint him as being wrong by using incomplete information as fact.

This board already has enough chuckleheads like Tibs and Billstime and TH3 and Zevon, etc. making up quotes and lines to advance a narrative because they're too effin' stupid to think for themselves.

Don't be that chucklehead.

You add nothing to the overall conversation.  

I don’t get why you are distorting what he said.  He said no such thing.

Edit:  I didn’t see that others responded to what you had said already

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I don’t get why you are distorting what he said.  He said no such thing.

Edit:  I didn’t see that others responded to what you had said already

....you know the drill..."it depends what the definition of IS is...."........parsing is an art form.........

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Thanks for proving part of my point.  “Building ahead” = building before invocation of DPA.  We’re prompt on bacon.  We were slow on PPE, etc.  We should have been equally responsive on both fronts. 

I’m a vegetarian but I could go for that.  I probably wouldn’t be a vegetarian long with those.  A pepperoni face mask?  I’d be back off the wagon (is it on the wagon or off the wagon?) in seconds.  

Wrong.  I provided 1 link which covered 1 industry, the auto industry,  which began to build ventilators and other supplies early on.  By "build" that means begin the process of tooling up a plant, training workers, in some cases designing the products, establishing suppliers for components, prototyping and early production, quality testing and then going live with production.  That's an entirely different challenge than telling meat processors to "keep doing what you do".  There are dozens, even more than that, examples of businesses small and large that on very short notice produced needed supplies and products.  Was it always enough?  No, but there has been an historic effort to produce these supplies. 

Criticizing the federal government for not being able to meet globally spiking demand for every need which greatly exceeded supply to put it kindly is MMQBing. 

Should I blame Trump that for weeks I couldn't get enough sanitization products to clean our offices and operations?  We found a way and lay no blame. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Trump has been a mess enough times on predicting this that you’ll forgive me for being a little off on this one. But happy to admit he didn’t say we’d be ready to open after Easter. Now if you can defend cases going from 15 to zero...

Don't be that chucklehead

36 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Trump has been a mess enough times on predicting this that you’ll forgive me for being a little off on this one. But happy to admit he didn’t say we’d be ready to open after Easter. Now if you can defend cases going from 15 to zero...

Your bias against Trump shows. 

• Like (+1) 4

Trump doesn't get his information from NOWHERE!  He gets it from the people advising him....just like every other President does. They have meetings about this stuff all day long.

• Like (+1) 1