The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

lol for life

You're an idiot.

why is he an idiot?  I haven’t seen a single liberal politician clearly state what the case / hospitalization threshold is for getting back to normal.  Just blindly repeating the empty “follow the science” fallback.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

lol for life

You're an idiot.

8 billion people getting a vaccine that may or may not work in the next 15 years?  Kids under 16 (the scary carriers for teachers so we can't open schools) are not advised to take it.  

So again, where is this virus going in the next 20 years?

The bar they've set is "No one gets it."  As long as its out there, no matter how low the numbers (and those will ALWAYS be the numbers because I'm not an idiot) these will continue to be the measures because you willingly gave them and actually voted for them to have unprecedented power that just doesn't get relinquished.

It gets used. 

Edited by Big Blitz

Half the country thinks you can telework for life.

The government will just supplement them. 

The kids don't need to be in school bc its been exposed as a non essential joke and there is no reason online isn't as good----right, teachers?

There's no reason to go out to eat just have food delivered to you.

All they wanna do is a zoom zoom zoom....it's awesome look how happy everyone is in the commercials.   

Oh?  We get to not "pollute" as much?  Cool.

Travel bans.....and Team Karen is good with them its frightening to think what other countries could bring here.  But not the Mexican border.  That's safe.  

See, you went 18 months plus without doing any of these things you're used to it now no big deal.  

Oh yea!  Fraud by mail forever!  Let's go!!!!

Find me one Democrat politician or any for that matter saying when we will be fully open and the distancing and the masking is over.  Find me one so called public health expert telling you precisely how this ends and when.  And if they say the words "a sort of return to normalcy" throw it out find another one.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

why is he an idiot?  I haven’t seen a single liberal politician clearly state what the case / hospitalization threshold is for getting back to normal.  Just blindly repeating the empty “follow the science” fallback.

We're not locked down. Period. Not sure how we continue "lockdowns for life."

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Half the country thinks you can telework for life.

Any data? I'm calling bull####. More than half the country works in retail/entertainment/other industries that require work outside of home.

The government will just supplement them. 

Who? The people working from home? 

The kids don't need to be in school bc its been exposed as a non essential joke and there is no reason online isn't as good----right, teachers?

Kids should be at school. It's a position most, including me - and the president elect - have evolved to. The science says risk of spread in schools is very low.

There's no reason to go out to eat just have food delivered to you.

lol - Restaurants are packed when they are open. 

All they wanna do is a zoom zoom zoom....it's awesome look how happy everyone is in the commercials.   

If you are basing your opinions even partly on how people look in commercials... yikes.

But not the Mexican border.  That's safe.  

It is - look at the data.

See, you went 18 months plus without doing any of these things you're used to it now no big deal.  

You noted one thing people aren't doing - going out to eat. And a majority of folks I know have not only done that in the last 18 months - but in the past month.

Oh yea!  Fraud by mail forever!  Let's go!!!!

#FakeNews per the Supreme Court and Trump's legal team has a worse winning percentage then the ***** New York Jets.

Find me one Democrat politician or any for that matter saying when we will be fully open and the distancing and the masking is over.  Find me one so called public health expert telling you precisely how this ends and when.  And if they say the words "a sort of return to normalcy" throw it out find another one.  

Why are you demanding answers now for what we will not know until the future? An expert cannot predict precisely how this ends and when. Nobody can.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Why are you demanding answers now for what we will not know until the future? An expert cannot predict precisely how this ends and when. Nobody can.

Everything else you said is wrong or misinformed or head in the sand so I'll just get to this.

We don't need an exact date.  

We absolutely should be demanding to know why their metrics and goal posts keep moving.  

This is an unprecedented power transfer in this country not just to government but to mega corporations at the expense of the other 99.5 percent of us.  Which coincidently is the virus survival rate.

Nothing is normal as long as there are capacity limits, distancing, and masks.  None of which we were told (all their lying is my "data") would be needed longer then 15.....30.....3 months....till a vaccine......oh and now beyond a vaccine.  

That's years.  And if these metrics like in DC still require the ridiculous mitigation they are still imposing then it NEVER ENDS.  My guess is you're good with it because leftists in this country have a control gene.  A "we can micromanage" everything God complex.   

So I'll ask again.  I don't need a date.  What is the METRIC your government is looking at in order to say "we can drop the anti humanity social distancing s*** and get back to living life not just "surviving."   

They can't and won't answer that.   Which means they should all be......I'll just leave it at that.  

Again, scientists don't know for sure if the vaccines will work as well with B.1.1.7. as they do with previous forms of the virus. They need to test out the new variant in laboratory experiments. But many scientists are optimistic.

Why? When we get a vaccine, our immune systems make many antibodies against a big chunk of the virus, not just one small section that could change when the virus mutates. So even if the variant contains 17 mutations, some antibodies targeting the vaccine will likely still bind and neutralize the virus.

"So if you're in line for the COVID-19 vaccine, stay in line. Don't give up your spot. Take it," says microbiologist Andrew Pekosz of Johns Hopkins University. "You know, everything is still looking good from the vaccine standpoint

Sounds like there is no pandemic on the Mexican border:

Also in the interview, Rice and Sullivan urged future border crossers in Mexico and Central America to remain patient while they “increase processing capacity.”

“Migrants and asylum seekers absolutely should not believe those in the region peddling the idea that the border will suddenly be fully open to process everyone on Day 1,” Rice said. “It will take months to develop the capacity that we will need to reopen fully.”

As Breitbart News reported, more than 67,000 border crossers were apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border in November — more than double the roughly 33,500 who were apprehended in November 2019. About 58,500 of those arrested last month were single adults, while nearly 4,500 were Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs).

In the first two months of Fiscal Year 2021, for instance, close to 135,000 border crossers were apprehended by Border Patrol. This accounts for a seven-year apprehension high during these months.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/22/joe-biden-to-dismantle-trumps-legal-wall-inviting-central-americans-to-southern-border/

How long as the border with Canada been closed?  

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

So I'll ask again.  I don't need a date.  What is the METRIC your government is looking at in order to say "we can drop the anti humanity social distancing s*** and get back to living life not just "surviving."   

They can't and won't answer that.   Which means they should all be......I'll just leave it at that.  

Most of the experts are projecting herd immunity by May or June depending on how many people are vaccinated which is why availability and compliance are crucial.  People will be surprised at how quickly this thing goes away.  Then we can get back to hugging random strangers in a sold out stadium without the burden of masks.  I'm hoping Johnson and Johnson's vaccine will be out by the end of January as it has the advantage of only one shot instead of two.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Most of the experts are projecting herd immunity by May or June depending on how many people are vaccinated which is why availability and compliance are crucial.  People will be surprised at how quickly this thing goes away.  Then we can get back to hugging random strangers in a sold out stadium without the burden of masks. 

I'm 100% serious do you have a source for that herd immunity take?  

Random strangers in stadiums?

I'm going on 1 year my 8 year old won't be playing any Park and Recreation Basketball, Soccer, or baseball.  Once again.  When I site me, I'm speaking for millions of parents and their kids watching their one shot of growth and development get absolutely thrown away.  No going back for them.  But hey... 'new strain!!!'

There is ZERO end in sight for this.  People are absolutely kidding themselves thinking that the vaccine is going to do this----before 2024.  You are looking an indefinitely social distancing mandates and all that entails for years not because of science.  Because of fear, politics, and power.  Your "leaders" are frothing at the mouth having seen how easy it is to control and the biggest assist they got is the media and Silicon work from home for life we're just fine Valley. 

They're already sounding alarms here in VA that we will be at 60K cases a week by February.  Which was the same model (UVA) that said we would hit that number in June.  That's June 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm 100% serious do you have a source for that herd immunity take?  

Random strangers in stadiums?

I'm going on 1 year my 8 year old won't be playing any Park and Recreation Basketball, Soccer, or baseball.  Once again.  When I site me, I'm speaking for millions of parents and their kids watching their one shot of growth and development get absolutely thrown away.  No going back for them.  But hey... 'new strain!!!'

There is ZERO end in sight for this.  People are absolutely kidding themselves thinking that the vaccine is going to do this----before 2024.  You are looking an indefinitely social distancing mandates and all that entails for years not because of science.  Because of fear, politics, and power.  Your "leaders" are frothing at the mouth having seen how easy it is to control and the biggest assist they got is the media and Silicon work from home for life we're just fine Valley. 

They're already sounding alarms here in VA that we will be at 60K cases a week by February.  Which was the same model (UVA) that said we would hit that number in June.  That's June 2020. 

This is pure paranoia.  2024?  The most conservative estimates of reaching herd immunity I've read is next fall if we run into more problems than we thought in either distribution of the vaccine or compliance.  We have two vaccines approved already and more are likely to come.  Here's what Trump's vaccine czar predicted about a month ago.

“Normally, with the level of efficacy we have, 95 percent, 70 percent or so of the population being immunized would allow for true herd immunity to take place,” he said. “That is likely to happen somewhere in the month of May, or something like that, based on our plans.” 

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure we're vaccinating 50 million people by May....of 2022 let alone 70 percent of the population.  That's fine by Dark Winter Biden. 

Why not?  About 51% of Americans got the flu shot last year.  I'm sure we can bump that up 20% this year for the Covid vaccine as people want to get back to life as normal.  Businesses can mandate it.  Schools can mandate it.  You seem to want to make this as political as possible when we all have the same goal of getting back to life before Covid.

Lying.  Been lying all year.  Lying as we now enter year 2 of Wuhan Flu

You will slowly start to let this sink in during the months and years ahead. 

Remember all those phased re openings we were told were necessary to get us back to normal?  Good times.  No one in media demanding answers.  That alone is a red flag.  Just cooperating in the fear and panic.  Complicit.  Where is his science?  Who made this joke King?  

You aren't going to see "normal" any time perhaps ever.  It's over.  They want the US to crash and burn and no one cares except Trump voters.  Another MASSIVE red flag.  The left is so gone, they won't be satisfied until we turn into the CCP and think we can mandate and lockdown nationally to stop any pandemic they deem a health crisis.  Read every article about the fake success of masks.  They all say "if we impose a national mask mandate."  Another red flag.  Where can you go without a mask.  

I'm just reading the tea leaves (to quote the article).  

He knows we will never get to "90 percent" immunity because we're always going to have cases.  They are telling you the goal is NO CASES.

Over.  Done.  Merry Christmas.

Scientists initially estimated that 60 to 70 percent of the population needed to acquire resistance to the coronavirus to banish it.

Now Dr. Anthony Fauci and others are quietly shifting that number upward.

Since the start of the pandemic, the figure that many epidemiologists have offered has been 60 to 70 percent. That range is still cited by the World Health Organization and is often repeated during discussions of the future course of the disease.

Recently, a figure to whom millions of Americans look for guidance — Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, an adviser to both the Trump administration and the incoming Biden administration — has begun incrementally raising his herd-immunity estimate.

Covid-19: How Much Herd Immunity is Enough? https://nyti.ms/38v5qfS

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2020/12/24/desantis-spokesman-deletes-account-after-tweeting-about-coronavirus-victims/

In response to a Reuters photo gallery on COVID-19, Piccolo wrote, “I’m wondering since 99% (of) Covid patients survive shouldn’t you have 99 photos of survivors for every one fatality? Otherwise you’re just trying to create a narrative that is not reality.”

On 12/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, Big Blitz said:

Everything else you said is wrong or misinformed or head in the sand so I'll just get to this.

We don't need an exact date.  

We absolutely should be demanding to know why their metrics and goal posts keep moving.  

This is an unprecedented power transfer in this country not just to government but to mega corporations at the expense of the other 99.5 percent of us.  Which coincidently is the virus survival rate.

Nothing is normal as long as there are capacity limits, distancing, and masks.  None of which we were told (all their lying is my "data") would be needed longer then 15.....30.....3 months....till a vaccine......oh and now beyond a vaccine.  

That's years.  And if these metrics like in DC still require the ridiculous mitigation they are still imposing then it NEVER ENDS.  My guess is you're good with it because leftists in this country have a control gene.  A "we can micromanage" everything God complex.   

There should be a requirement that whenever anyone says there is a 99.5 percent survival rate that they do math to see how many Americans they’re ok killing.

330,000,000 Americans * 0.5 percent = 1,650,000

what about people in the world?

7.8 billions * 0.5 percent = 39,000,000

The Civil War had about 1.1 million American deaths. World War 2 about 1 million. In all US wars combined 2.8 million.

If the virus ran totally unchecked in the US we would have seen more deaths than any one single war and more than half the US deaths of every war combined.

And that’s at a 0.5 percent death rate.

For every 0.1 percent that 0.5 percent figure is off is an additional 330,000 deaths. (US has 320,000 deaths in World War 1).

So maybe instead of saying 99.5 percent survival rate, why not say it’s only 1,650,000 American lives.

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

There should be a requirement that whenever anyone says there is a 99.5 percent survival rate that they do math to see how many Americans they’re ok killing.

The Civil War had about 1.1 million American deaths. World War 2 about 1 million. In all US wars combined 2.8 million.

If the virus ran totally unchecked in the US we would have seen more deaths than any one single war and more than half the US deaths of every war combined.

For every 0.1 percent that 0.5 percent figure is off is an additional 330,000 deaths. (US has 320,000 deaths in World War 1).

So maybe instead of saying 99.5 percent survival rate, why not say it’s only 1,650,000 American lives.

What in the world? You can make all sorts of comparisons if you want to but the ones you’re making are truly apples and oranges. If Americans live to approximately 80 years old then by definition we lose approximately 1.25 percent of the population every year with or without this virus. The virus is horrible for sure and it certainly picking off the elderly and health challenged at an alarming rate but it’s NOT randomly preying on Americans of all ages. By year end , we’ll have lost almost exactly 0.1 percent of our population to COVID-19....or less than 1/10th of those who naturally die anyway with or without the virus. Stop with the hyperbole!

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What in the world? You can make all sorts of comparisons if you want to but the ones you’re making are truly apples and oranges. If Americans live to approximately 80 years old then by definition we lose approximately 1.25 percent of the population every year with or without this virus. The virus is horrible for sure and it certainly picking off the elderly and health challenged at an alarming rate but it’s NOT randomly preying on Americans of all ages. By year end , we’ll have lost almost exactly 0.1 percent of our population to COVID-19....or less than 1/10th of those who naturally die anyway with or without the virus. Stop with the hyperbole!

If you can read, I stated the numbers if the virus just ran rampant. The US did ***** down to the consternation of Republicans and that saved life’s to make it the decrease of the population what it was.

Saying some of the people were going to die anyways is improper as well.

The fact is if the US followed what many on the right wanted with herd immunity, losing 0.5 percent of the US population correlates to the numbers I provided.

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

and that's not even factoring additional problems that happen when your hospitals are absolutely filled with sick people and there isn't anymore room.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/26/2020 at 9:25 PM, TBBills said:

Now you quoting some random coyotes. You are grasping onto any type of fear mongering bull#### now. 

I think it's time you hang up your stupidity.

I'm going to quote the Washington ComPost now:

People need “immunity passports” if they want the economy reopened.  At least, that’s the crazy idea The Washington Post decided to push.

The Post published an insane op-ed advocating for this proposal by Vital Strategies Director of Public Health Law Aaron Schwid and Resolve to Save Lives CEO Tom Frieden.

The two authors argued that “as more and more people are vaccinated, it’s time to carefully design a system of ‘immunity passports.’” As the op-ed stated, “These passports would serve as a form of proof of immunity, allowing people who have immunity to engage in some activities others cannot.” A Big Government tracking system that is necessary to shop or travel. I think we all read about that somewhere. 

The op-ed concluded on a chilling note that would make George Orwell cringe from his grave:

As vaccination is rolled out and we learn more about immunity after natural infection, providing the option of an immunity passport to those who choose to receive one can increase freedom of movement for passport holders and accelerate broader social and economic recovery. As universal vaccination becomes available, passports will help everyone, not just the lucky few, move from fear to freedom, [emphasis added.]

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2020/12/28/nuts-washpost-op-ed-wants-immunity-passports-opening

From 15 days......to 30......to not overrun hospitals......to flatten the curve.....to indefinitely......to till a vaccine......to till we all have immunity passports.

Gtfo

Edited by Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

People need “immunity passports” if they want the economy reopened.  At least, that’s the crazy idea The Washington Post decided to push.

The Post published an insane op-ed advocating for this proposal by Vital Strategies Director of Public Health Law Aaron Schwid and Resolve to Save Lives CEO Tom Frieden.

The two authors argued that “as more and more people are vaccinated, it’s time to carefully design a system of ‘immunity passports.’” As the op-ed stated, “These passports would serve as a form of proof of immunity, allowing people who have immunity to engage in some activities others cannot.” A Big Government tracking system that is necessary to shop or travel. I think we all read about that somewhere. 

The op-ed concluded on a chilling note that would make George Orwell cringe from his grave:

As vaccination is rolled out and we learn more about immunity after natural infection, providing the option of an immunity passport to those who choose to receive one can increase freedom of movement for passport holders and accelerate broader social and economic recovery. As universal vaccination becomes available, passports will help everyone, not just the lucky few, move from fear to freedom, [emphasis added.]

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2020/12/28/nuts-washpost-op-ed-wants-immunity-passports-opening

From 15 days......to 30......to not overrun hospitals......to the flatten the curve.....to indefinitely......to till a vaccine......to till we all have immunity passports.

Gtfo

I don't care at all about those that don't get vaccinated, but if they start to fill up the hospitals maybe they should get put on a long waiting list or something.

As to the passports, we really already do that. You can't get in University without your shots

Can I ask a question? How do passports relate to Orwell? Please, in your own words. Have you read 1984?

From 15 days......to 30......to not overrun hospitals......to flatten the curve.....to indefinitely......to till a vaccine......to till we all have immunity passports.

Gtfo

Sir I'm going to need to see your immunity passport before you are able to post here again.

• Haha (+1) 1

Gtfo

You are just a fear mongering idiot.

I haven’t seen any indication that the restrictions are going to end anytime soon from our wonderful state and local leader, so I wouldn’t exactly call it “fear mongering”.  Still waiting on the thresholds for when we can shed the masks, have full capacity at events, etc.  We’re going on ten months of the pandemic, I don’t think that’s too much to ask.  But, y’know, “shut up and let the experts handle it”, right?  😂

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I don't care at all about those that don't get vaccinated, but if they start to fill up the hospitals maybe they should get put on a long waiting list or something.

As to the passports, we really already do that. You can't get in University without your shots

Can I ask a question? How do passports relate to Orwell? Please, in your own words. Have you read 1984?

1984 is a cautionary tale.  Tracking where you go and travel?  

I mean I guess that is good bc it will help us find terrorists a lot easier.   

It will help us hunt down the super predators Biden has warned us about here at home.  

Giving the Government the authority to give you permission to have freedom. 

Should be fine.  

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I haven’t seen any indication that the restrictions are going to end anytime soon from our wonderful state and local leader, so I wouldn’t exactly call it “fear mongering”.  Still waiting on the thresholds for when we can shed the masks, have full capacity at events, etc.  We’re going on ten months of the pandemic, I don’t think that’s too much to ask.  But, y’know, “shut up and let the experts handle it”, right?  😂

They can't even say return to normal.

They refuse to do it. 

99.7% survival rate.   If you're under 40 and you're good with them wasting the prime years of your life (bc years is what's coming) I feel sorry for you.  

1984 is a cautionary tale.  Tracking where you go and travel?  

I mean I guess that is good bc it will help us find terrorists a lot easier.   

It will help us hunt down the super predators Biden has warned us about here at home.  

Giving the Government the authority to give you permission to have freedom. 

Should be fine.  

I know, what's next? We will have to have drivers licenses? You know the police track people with suspended licenses! Scary stuff!

Oh wait, they already do! 1984 has arrived!

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I know, what's next? We will have to have drivers licenses? You know the police track people with suspended licenses! Scary stuff!

Oh wait, they already do! 1984 has arrived!

You are aware that the purpose of a drivers license is not so the government can track you....right?  Please say yes.

Earlier this month, Tom Mountain, a Massachusetts Republican Party leader, posed for a maskless photo in front of a silver menorah as dozens of other guests without face coverings mingled nearby at a White House Hanukkah party.

Three days later, the vice chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee was rushed to the hospital with a severe case of covid-19 that later left him close to needing a ventilator.

Now, as Mountain recovers at home in Newton, Mass., he says he likely contracted the virus at the White House event.

“Lets put it this way: When I went down to Washington, D.C., for the White House Hanukkah event, I was perfectly fine,” Mountain, 60, told WJAR. “And three days later after that event, I was in the hospital … ready to be put on a lifesaving ventilator.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/29/tom-mountain-white-house-party-covid/

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Schenck v. United States, legal case in which the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on March 3, 1919, that the freedom of speech protection afforded in the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment could be restricted if the words spoken or printed represented to society a “clear and present danger.”