The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Anti-Semitism has bloomed since Trump took office. I am sure that saying there are good people in the group of Nazis in Charlottesville didn't help.

I am no fan of DeBlasio, but this is not a good avenue for Trump supporters.

Lame. He was referring to people who were there simply to protest the removal of some statues . Not everyone there was in that wacko group you’re referring to. 

As antsy Americans show growing signs of “quarantine fatigue” and officials face pressure to ease coronavirus restrictions, factories, malls and state governments in many parts of the country are taking steps toward reopening.

But Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said a second wave of infections is “inevitable” in the United States, which has recorded more than 1 million confirmed cases — nearly one-third of the global total. Fauci also warned that “we could be in for a bad fall and a bad winter” if the right countermeasures aren’t put in place.

Here are some significant developments:

• The U.S. economy shrank by 4.8 percent from January through March as it saw the worst slowdown in growth since the Great Recession.
  • Nearly half of the world’s workforce is at risk of losing their incomes as the pandemic continues to disrupt lives and economies around the globe, a U.N. agency warned.
  • Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe warned that holding the Tokyo Olympics in 2021 will be “impossible” if the pandemic is not contained.
  • Amid mounting reports of deadly outbreaks at U.S. meatpacking plants, President Trump signed an executive order requiring processors to stay open. The move, intended to stave off shortages, was widely criticized by labor leaders.
  • Signaling confidence that it has contained the virus, China scheduled its big legislative meetings for late May. The “Two Sessions” meetings had been postponed at the height of the outbreak.
  • Results from antibody tests support the consensus that the novel coronavirus is significantly more lethal than the seasonal flu.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/29/coronavirus-latest-news/

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Lame. He was referring to people who were there simply to protest the removal of some statues . Not everyone there was in that wacko group you’re referring to. 

Don't bother.

That particular false narrative is gospel with the weak-minded.

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What's been the leading source of antisemitism?

In America, it's Trump. Anti-Semitic incidents have skyrocketed in America since he took office. Supporting Nazis in Charlottesville was a green light.

If you don't believe that, what do you suppose is the reason that Nazi sites love him? Coincidence?

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Anyone out in public blatantly not following the guidelines is a ***** moron. Too bad there isn't a politician willing to say that. 

In America, it's Trump. Anti-Semitic incidents have skyrocketed in America since he took office. Supporting Nazis in Charlottesville was a green light.

If you don't believe that, what do you suppose is the reason that Nazi sites love him? Coincidence?

Trump and alt-right ***** like 4chan/8chan whatever it was called. You couldn't even look at a post without seeing something racist or anti-Semitic - not a surprise Q started there and many posters here are chan fans. 

They are wackos who have twisted and perverted a message to fit their own mindless notions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Okay 5G

Where has he ever posted about 5G?

11 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

NYC does not track Covid deaths by religion

Good lord.  

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I thought it was Farrakhan.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There are plenty of statistics that show the predominance of anti-Semitic attacks are not coming from neo-nazis.  Even NYT had to grudgingly admit (and buried) the story that leftist anti-Semitism is the leading culprit.

PS - neo nazis also hate Trump.

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

Where has he ever posted about 5G?

Probably when I said that it's ludicrous to blame 5G for Wuhan virus?

Edited by GG
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, that's what he meant after one of them murdered someone. He had to wait another day, after someone told him he screwed up to change his tune a bit.

It's a pattern with him. His latest was the disinfectant travesty. Once again, the next day, after being told he screwed up, he tried to make amends with a stone-cold lie by saying he was being sarcastic to a reporter when it was indisputably not sarcastic and that it was directly addressed to Dr. Birx. 

Trump is incapable of being truthful and incapable of saying he made a mistake. 

I blame his followers not him, because most know he's an idiot.

Trump is now blaming China for the deaths in America and they deserve some of it, so why did he compliment the response of China to the virus more than any other person in America? Was he wrong? Of course. Will he admit it? Hold your breath.

We know Trump was warned on numerous occasions that a Pandemic was coming and ignored it. Now we are all paying the price.

But Obama wore a tan suit.

Just now, Kemp said:

Yeah, that's what he meant after one of them murdered someone. He had to wait another day, after someone told him he screwed up to change his tune a bit.

It's a pattern with him. His latest was the disinfectant travesty. Once again, the next day, after being told he screwed up, he tried to make amends with a stone-cold lie by saying he was being sarcastic to a reporter when it was indisputably not sarcastic and that it was directly addressed to Dr. Birx. 

Trump is now blaming China for the deaths in America and they deserve some of it, so why did he compliment the response of China to the virus more than any other person in America? Was he wrong? Of course. Will he admit it? Hold your breath.

We know Trump was warned on numerous occasions that a Pandemic was coming and ignored it. Now we are all paying the price.

In NYC, it hasn't been white supremacists but followers of Farrakhan.  This is well documented.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If they have herd immunity, why are they among the most infected per capita? This also doesn't address how many outside the community they have infected, a number no one knows.

The high number is an artifact of the early spike, that has since been declining rapidly.   

That community is the ideal breeding ground for a highly contagious disease.  Yet, it appears to have stabilized there.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The high number is an artifact of the early spike, that has since been declining rapidly.   

That community is the ideal breeding ground for a highly contagious disease.  Yet, it appears to have stabilized there.

Exactly, it takes 2-3 weeks so your theory may be correct.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

So, you spell it out, please.

Sure. It goes like this. A person who leans far left will often times make statements they don't understand because they didn't originate the statement. When they are asked to clarify the statement they didn't originate, the leftist is confused because they don't really know what they said. They just repeated something they heard. In an effort to cover the fact that they are incapable of independent thought, the leftist typically turns back and says something like, "Why don't YOU tell me what I meant." or "Why don't YOU spell it out for me."

This is often a successful tactic because people who lean right are tired of already having to do all the heavy lifting in this country. They don't want to do left's homework as well. So people who lean right ask again for the leftist to clarify, at which point the leftist says something like "It's not on me to explain my position. It's on you to argue against it," which is ridiculous because everyone knows the leftist doesn't actually have a position. They just have someone else's position that they were never smart enough to discern before repeating it.

This frustrates right-leaning people, who don't like to play childish games, and this makes left-leaning people feel like their point was proven as they keep holding that position until the right-leaning -person has to go back to work while the left-leaning person starts their next Candy Crush game in their mother's basement.

Make sense now?

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

His latest was the disinfectant travesty.

I rest my case.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Disinfectant “ travesty” ? Lol.... so much LSM drivel in here I don’t even know where to start. Pointless to even try, so congratulations on your allegiance to the Democratic Party. 

Don't know if we've covered this yet, but looks like the movie industry took a big step toward making theatres obsolete.   Of course this has been coming anyway, but the current situation set up a perfect storm for the rollout of 'Trolls World Tour'  (yes, I was one of the tens of millions of people who shelled out $20 for a 48 hour rental).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-theatres-refuses-play-universal-films-wake-trolls-world-tour-1292327?utm_source=morning_brew

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Don't know if we've covered this yet, but looks like the movie industry took a big step toward making theatres obsolete.   Of course this has been coming anyway, but the current situation set up a perfect storm for the rollout of 'Trolls World Tour'  (yes, I was one of the tens of millions of people who shelled out $20 for a 48 hour rental).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-theatres-refuses-play-universal-films-wake-trolls-world-tour-1292327?utm_source=morning_brew

I've often said I would pay up for new Disney animated movie releases I can watch at home, instead of going into theaters. If you have kids + parent, $20 ($30, heck $40 can be) is much cheaper than going to a theater.   There are some movies that are just better seen on a huge screen, however.

@Deranged Rhino  what are you hearing from your buddies in Tinseltown? You had mentioned theaters were in trouble before the shutdown, think they come back? And who needs who more right now? Universal or AMC?