The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

19 minutes ago, TPS said:

I was taking hydroxychloroquine aka plaquenil for my rheumatoid arthritis by prescription. Are you sure there's an "off the shelf" version? I assume you mean non-prescription?

I don’t know the details but this is the stuff that they are using at Boston Medical Center on any and every patient suspected or tested for Corona. 2 deaths so far and I think 500+ plus positive tests. That’s a good sign.

With more drive through testing opening today Baker is still facing pressure to issue the “stay at home” but I don’t know that it’s even necessary. I don’t know many people that are still working  just healthcare, delivery drivers and food supply. Total opposite of the Marathon when people hated the response, everyone seems more panicked and alarmed than even then.

I feel for the people that have to go out and work with this uncertainty. Being temporality laid off is good for your mental health, just have to tune out some of the coverage and enjoy the time off. Being worried sick is a real thing.

So I haven't been able to get to the store at the right time to get toilet paper for the last three weeks and it was getting close to crunch time. I went at 7am today to try to find some and there was one package left. Someone took a video of me walking out of the store...

tenor.gif

Edited by LB3
  • Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, LB3 said:

So I haven't been able to get to the store at the right time to get toilet paper for the last three weeks and it was getting close to crunch time. I went at 7am today to try to find some and there was one package left. Someone took a video of me walking out of the store...

They’re reportedly retooling factories to make all sorts of critically needed supplies. Why isn’t the same true of toilet paper? Seems like office paper won’t be in demand for the next month or so!

• Like (+1) 1

Global anxiety over the coronavirus centered on Europe on Saturday, where Italy is bearing the brunt of the pandemic’s unceasing spread. Italian officials announced that 793 people had succumbed to the virus in a single day. The staggering number brought the nation’s total dead to more than 4,800, the most for a single country.

As death tolls mount across the continent, Italy has become a symbol of the enormous challenges facing public health authorities in Europe and in the United States, who are struggling to contain the virus.

Eleven days into Italy’s nationwide lockdown, which includes travel restrictions and the closure of most stores apart from groceries and pharmacies, the number of confirmed cases still soared, with 6,557 new cases since Friday. Hospitals and morgues were overwhelmed. The government has reported 53,578 total cases, concentrated in the northern part of the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/italy-coronavirus-death-toll/2020/03/21/e6426d82-6b85-11ea-abef-020f086a3fab_story.html

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Well, everyone makes mistakes. Take your parents for example...

They did tell me they had a brother they flushed down the toilet I guess you are the spawn I heard about. Getting under the idiots skin, so fun.

Edited by Hardhatharry

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They’re reportedly retooling factories to make all sorts of critically needed supplies. Why isn’t the same true of toilet paper? Seems like office paper won’t be in demand for the next month or so!

little known fact... Staples sells industrial rolls of paper. from what i learned from my tenant yesterday, they still have oodles.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

They did tell me they had a brother they flushed down the toilet I guess you are the spawn I heard about. Getting under the idiots skin, so fun.

If your parents "had a brother," as you say, wouldn't that would make your mother and father siblings?

It's even worse than I thought; however, it does explain a few things....

• Haha (+1) 3

At-home coronavirus tests now available, companies say

</snip>

The products have been greenlit by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration under new expedited guidelines to help combat the virus, according to Stat, a health care industry news outlet.

One such test provider is Nurx, a San Francisco-based company best known for home testing products for sexually transmitted infections and birth control, now offers testing kits for COVID-19 through the mail for $181 after prospective customers fill out an online form with their symptoms.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TPS said:

I was taking hydroxychloroquine aka plaquenil for my rheumatoid arthritis by prescription. Are you sure there's an "off the shelf" version? I assume you mean non-prescription?

To be honest I'm not sure I know the difference. I read somewhere that that that were two kinds of the drug with Chloroquine definitely being the one that needed the prescription while Hydroxycholoquine did not. That's all I got. 

2 things regarding the Medium article that DR and B-Man posted: 

1- it appears to have been censored on the host site- does anyone have a secondary location? I didn’t get a chance to read it.

2- Lol at the poster who discredited it initially because “he’s just a guy” and then doubled back to show how bad the article was based on what the open forum comments said. 

6 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Not my fault you don't understand litigators, firms, or the legal field.  

I don't understand why you, with such an outstanding 3rd Chair career going for you and a writing class that you teach that is so close to your heart, not to mention your aspirations to become an abortionist if the money is right, would attempt such a comedic post as that above. How many careers to you need? What's so cool about teaching kids cursive and above all, what wouldn't you do for enough money?