The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

....so there IS a God after all............going to have some anti-bacterial Bourbon momentarily...............

Yes, liquor stores are considered essential business and still open in New York state

Ryan Miller, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 5:32 p.m. ET March 20, 2020 | Updated 6:40 p.m. ET March 20, 2020

A lot of adults think liquor stores are essential during a quarantine. New York state agrees. 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo's "New York state on Pause" executive order prohibits all businesses from having their employees report to work on-site during the COVID-19 outbreak unless the business is considered "essential." 

Cuomo announced the mandate Friday, as the state's confirmed coronavirus cases grew to more than 7,000. 

Employers in several categories such as health care, infrastructure and retail are exempt, including "all food and beverage stores." That includes liquor stores to the joy of many on social media.

Liquor stores, breweries and cideries can stay open and do not need to reduce their on-site workforce. All beverage manufacturing is permitted to operate during the state order as well. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2020/03/20/new-york-coronavirus-liquor-stores-essential-business-stay-home-andrew-cuomo/2888442001/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Thanks for that. I was thinking about WWII and how this is our biggest national challenge since then - but it is a cakewalk in comparison. 

We can do this. Maybe the youngins will toughen up a little from this in the end.

I was not alive then but my mother in law said she lived through the Polio epidemic and even through thst the media didnt hype it up. In fact, her claim, is they talked people down. Attempted to keep a state of calm. She said this generation fears death too much because medicine has advanced so much to save our lives. The wisdom of an 80yo!

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

FB_IMG_1584795715981.jpg

Well! Thats an original idea.   That dates back to before the Catholic church was organized 1500 years ago. Bout time!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I was not alive then but my mother in law said she lived through the Polio epidemic and even through thst the media didnt hype it up. In fact, her claim, is they talked people down. Attempted to keep a state of calm. She said this generation fears death too much because medicine has advanced so much to save our lives. The wisdom of an 80yo!

Well! Thats an original idea.   That dates back to before the Catholic church was organized 1500 years ago. Bout time!

...probably should bring some cash....probably a collection basket or tip cup...............

• Haha (+1) 1

Coronavirus cases doubling faster in the U.S. than any other country, report says. 

“The report was written by the infectious disease analytics team from MITRE, a Bedford-based nonprofit. Cases have been rising sharply across the country and the report shows they double every 1.75 days — very quickly in comparison to South Korea’s 23 days, which has been widely hailed for its competent coronavirus response.”

UPDATE: On the other hand, this is right, I think:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-21-at-8.35.05-AM-498

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

And fortunately it has not been needed thus far.

Perspective is still required

This is obviously photoshopped.  How many parking garages have you been in that have acoustic drop ceiling panels??  That’s the first give away, sprinklers coming out of the afore mentioned drop ceiling and the light source/how bright the beds are illuminated are some others.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

This is obviously photoshopped.  How many parking garages have you been in that have acoustic drop ceiling panels??  That’s the first give away, sprinklers coming out of the afore mentioned drop ceiling and the light source/how bright the beds are illuminated are some others.  

I believe that it is real.........Vanderbilt University.

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo announces ‘trials on potential drug therapy recommended by Trump’ (media hot takes at risk of aging POORLY)

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thank you DR for this refreshing breath of sanity. 

7 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Thank you GBID for this refreshing ah, er, ah, um interesting article. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, westside2 said:

You do realize that not only old people are effected? I have a 25 year old niece just admitted to the hospital today because of this virus. Half my family is on lockdown. My sister and brother are both in quarantine for 14 days for flu like symptoms. 

On 3/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, westside2 said:

My prayers are with you and your family.  

Same to you. Hope all is well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Different topic but agree with Trump enable the defense act. Prepared in case (think soon) hospitals being over whelmed. Also feel for small business and  Trump. I think he understands how fast the virus can spread.  And Trump businesses as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/21/trump-i-dont-know-if-my-businesses-will-receive-coronavirus-aid.html

President Donald Trump said Saturday he wasn’t sure if his business would receive financial assistance as part of coronavirus relief packages being considered by Congress. 

“I don’t know. I mean, I just don’t know what the government assistance would be for what I have,” Trump said at a White House briefing. “I have hotels. Everybody knew I had hotels when I got elected. They knew I was a successful person when I got elected so it’s one of those things.” 

The U.S. travel and tourism industry has asked for $150 billion in relief to offset a dramatic decline in travel due to the coronav

Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said, "I’m not totally sure what the president was referring to,” when asked about an hours-earlier tweet by President Trump that claimed the FDA was working on a combination of an anti-malaria drug and an antibiotic that could treat the infection.

• Like (+1) 1