The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

To be honest I'm not sure I know the difference. I read somewhere that that that were two kinds of the drug with Chloroquine definitely being the one that needed the prescription while Hydroxycholoquine did not. That's all I got. 

From my experience, that is not the case. 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2 things regarding the Medium article that DR and B-Man posted: 

1- it appears to have been censored on the host site- does anyone have a secondary location? I didn’t get a chance to read it.

2- Lol at the poster who discredited it initially because “he’s just a guy” and then doubled back to show how bad the article was based on what the open forum comments said. 

Zerohedge reposted it.  

Seems like a lot of places a censoring what I think is a good analysis of the data.  Funny how everyone jumped on Ginn because he's not a doctor or a medical expert.  Which would be a perfectly valid criticism if he were dispensing medical advice, and not commenting on data trends, since he is a data guy.

If I have time, I'll rebut the comments that TPS linked.   In short, everyone is jumping to conclusions based on the outlier example and no one has addressed the wide discrepancies of the outbreak across countries, within countries, geographies and demographics.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2 things regarding the Medium article that DR and B-Man posted: 

1- it appears to have been censored on the host site- does anyone have a secondary location? I didn’t get a chance to read it.

2- Lol at the poster who discredited it initially because “he’s just a guy” and then doubled back to show how bad the article was based on what the open forum comments said. 

That was a quote from the guy himself, being just a guy...

I did not discredit it based on who he was, I provided one dramatic piece of data he provided but ignored, I assume because it didn't fit his preconceived conclusion?.

There are articles by knowledgeable people on this that also have input from experts, as opposed to "this guy" who posted his analysis and opinion on the existing data without any input from experts on epidemiology.

He obviously has an admitted bias, which fits the bias of the majority of posters here, some of whom then act like he's an expert in the field.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8139889/Seven-month-old-boy-South-Carolina-youngest-person-test-positive-coronavirus.html?ito=push-notification&ci=11082&si=3155052

A South Carolina mother has shared her baby's battle against coronavirus in a desperate Facebook appeal where she warned COVID-19 can strike the very young.

Courtney Watts Doster shared images of her sick seven-month-old son Emmett Wednesday - the youngest person to test positive in the country.

It's unclear where the baby contracted coronavirus but Doster's mother was in close proximity with her child before she knew she was ill.

'COVID19 isn't a joke. This isn't time to go out and have play dates, or go to Walmart, or go out to eat. Stay home people please!' Doster posted on Facebook Wednesday.

After several hours talking to South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Prisma Health hospital on the phone, she was able to get him a test at Urgent Care.

Later that day Emmett's temperature spiked and he spent the night in hospital.

'Nothing worse than your 7 month old running 104 fever, being poked and prodded over and over, and then being told he's positive,' Doster continued in a Facebook post Wednesday. 'He has pneumonia which is the most severe form of this virus. Please read and learn facts....the CDC among other medical sites have tons of info!'

The results came back positive on Tuesday and now Doster is worried about her children aged two and four.

By Wednesday she said, 'Emmett was feeling much better".

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Zerohedge reposted it.  

Seems like a lot of places a censoring what I think is a good analysis of the data.  Funny how everyone jumped on Ginn because he's not a doctor or a medical expert.  Which would be a perfectly valid criticism if he were dispensing medical advice, and not commenting on data trends, since he is a data guy.

If I have time, I'll rebut the comments that TPS linked.   In short, everyone is jumping to conclusions based on the outlier example and no one has addressed the wide discrepancies of the outbreak across countries, within countries, geographies and demographics.

If you want a to read an analysis that has been vetted by experts in the field, try this one. The first is his early analysis, the second is about responses and their impact, the more important one. 

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

19 minutes ago, TPS said:

From my experience, that is not the case. 

I looked online and there appears to be a couple of different sources that claim you can get it without a prescription but I didn't go as far as entering the order section to prove it. 

13 minutes ago, TPS said:

If you want a to read an analysis that has been vetted by experts in the field, try this one. The first is his early analysis, the second is about responses and their impact, the more important one. 

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

Puevo is equally wrong in his analysis, because he doesn't account for the viral effects across geographies and countries.  It's quaint to say that the virus doesn't recognize national boundaries, but the real impact across neighboring countries begs to differ.   

To me the best statistical explanation is this little chart, and it mirrors the spread fairly well.  Do the histograph of infections in the green zone and a pattern certainly emerges.

0_ejm_YFNY0zBIs56j.png?itok=mC3ahOXk

38 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't understand why you, with such an outstanding 3rd Chair career going for you and a writing class that you teach that is so close to your heart, not to mention your aspirations to become an abortionist if the money is right, would attempt such a comedic post as that above. How many careers to you need? What's so cool about teaching kids cursive and above all, what wouldn't you do for enough money?

Do making things up make you feel better lol?  Like you know my career is good, so you make up false facts about it to make yourself feel better?  Go ahead, it doesn't bother me haha

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I looked online and there appears to be a couple of different sources that claim you can get it without a prescription but I didn't go as far as entering the order section to prove it. 

I'd be wary of that if you don't know the veracity of the site. I'm sure people are taking advantage of the situation. 

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Puevo is equally wrong in his analysis, because he doesn't account for the viral effects across geographies and countries.  It's quaint to say that the virus doesn't recognize national boundaries, but the real impact across neighboring countries begs to differ.   

To me the best statistical explanation is this little chart, and it mirrors the spread fairly well.  Do the histograph of infections in the green zone and a pattern certainly emerges.

0_ejm_YFNY0zBIs56j.png?itok=mC3ahOXk

I'm more interested in your opinion of the second article when you have the time.

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Do making things up make you feel better lol?  Like you know my career is good, so you make up false facts about it to make yourself feel better?  Go ahead, it doesn't bother me haha

How would I know your career is good? In fact I'm not even sure what that means as it pertains to you. From your posting here I've deduced that you either are amoral or just don't giveafvck about such things as conscience and embrace moral turpitude for money. Yes, in this forum you admitted that you'd kill babies if there was enough money in it for you. What won't you do for money?

8 minutes ago, TPS said:

I'd be wary of that if you don't know the veracity of the site. I'm sure people are taking advantage of the situation. 

I'm more interested in your opinion of the second article when you have the time.

The site I looked at treated it as a malaria and arthritis, lupus drug. 

In This Time of Uncertainty, America Shows Its True Colors: We Are a Nation of Kindness and Love for Our Fellow Man

by Alex Parker

Original Article

U.S. Senate races to agree on massive coronavirus relief package

by David Morgan

Original Article

Life in the Time of Wuhan

by Clarice Feldman

Original Article

As usual, Clarice packs a ton of interesting stuff into her Sunday column.

19 minutes ago, TPS said:

I read the 2nd article, not the first.  My biggest beef is the contradiction and no solution to his "time" example.  I'm tired of people harping on the testing, when all resources should be devoted to adding beds, finding a treatment & vaccine.

Majority of NYC’s coronavirus cases are men between 18 and 49 years old. 

“The demographics, from the city’s Health Department, were determined from an analysis of 3,954 positive cases on March 19. . . . Women are underrepresented in the city’s tally while men account for 59% of infected people. Men are more than twice as likely as women to die from the pathogen, White House coronavirus expert, Dr. Deborah Birx, said Friday citing mortality rates from Italy.”

Updated: WHO Now Doesn’t Recommend Avoiding Ibuprofen For COVID-19 Symptoms.

FROM DENMARK, A CLEVER WAY TO STOP PANIC-BUYING AND HOARDING:

A supermarket in Denmark got tired of people hoarding hand sanitizer, so came up with their own way of stopping it.

1 bottle kr40 (€5.50)
2 bottles kr1000 (€134.00) each bottle.

Hoarding stopped!

It’s crazy, but it just might work here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GG said:

I read the 2nd article, not the first.  My biggest beef is the contradiction and no solution to his "time" example.  I'm tired of people harping on the testing, when all resources should be devoted to adding beds, finding a treatment & vaccine.

I think testing is as important as the rest. But all are equal important.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

All these people that are working at super markets and such, just wonder if they get sick in large numbers if there will be some big wave of lawsuits and such. 

Unless there is a gun against their head making them go to work, they can sue all they want. It will go nowhere.

People still have the choice of not going to work.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

That was a quote from the guy himself, being just a guy...

I did not discredit it based on who he was, I provided one dramatic piece of data he provided but ignored, I assume because it didn't fit his preconceived conclusion?.

There are articles by knowledgeable people on this that also have input from experts, as opposed to "this guy" who posted his analysis and opinion on the existing data without any input from experts on epidemiology.

He obviously has an admitted bias, which fits the bias of the majority of posters here, some of whom then act like he's an expert in the field.  

17 hours ago, TPS said:

Really, you're linking some guy's blog post?  

Yeah...