The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

His aiming nearly all his barbs at the Chinese government rather than other Americans certainly helps the approval ratings.  (There's still a few shots at "journalists" but most of those are deserved IMHO.)

Michigan Army National Guard distributing coronavirus supplies

LANSING, MI The Michigan Army National Guard has been called up to distribute supplies to health departments across the state.

Supplies such as face shields, gowns, and gloves are being assembled by the Michigan Army National Guard then delivered to public health departments, per an announcement from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to a news release. ...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I think we should tell the sick & elderly to seclude themselves and let everyone else get back to work.

Most elderly people don't work & can more easily quarantine themselves for weeks or months with little loss to the economy. 

With all the resources being dedicated/lost to this we could easily make accommodations for those who need assistance.

For the rest of us, some reasonable caution and social distance is sufficient. And if we do get the slant eyed sickness we'll just have to suck it up and deal with having flu like symptoms for a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm happy to raid the stock market while the villagers cower in the cellar.

You will get criticized for your position but IMO, it has some merit.

An endless quarantine will massacre the entire economy and in short order, you're not going to have order.  You have lots of families with now with zero money coming in and you have millions of people sitting around doing absolutely nothing, with nowhere to go, day after day.  That's not going to last long.  I'd give it another week, tops.

You have millions of square feet of lightly guarded, fully stocked, all but vacated, retail in a country filled with heavily armed, bored, very panicked citizenry.  The more the governors keep taking away stuff, the more the risk for unrest will grow.  Just like the healthcare system isn't built to handle a pandemic, the law enforcement apparatus isn't built to handle widespread, heavily armed unrest that can break out at any time of the day...because nobody has anything to do or anywhere to go.  

The government needs to give people a purpose other than "just stay at home."

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 5

11 hours ago, westside2 said:

You do realize that not only old people are effected? I have a 25 year old niece just admitted to the hospital today because of this virus. Half my family is on lockdown. My sister and brother are both in quarantine for 14 days for flu like symptoms. 

Best of luck to you and yours.  I hope your family gets well soon.

• Like (+1) 2

THANK YOU, NFL, FOR PROCEEDING WITH FREE AGENCY:

“To me, shutting down any activity that doesn’t carry an appreciable risk to public health gives a bad look.

Maintaining normal activities in times of crisis, to the extent it can done without jeopardizing public health, is a good look.

That’s always been the American way. I hope it still is.”

274422_image.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

Trucker couple reports from the road

Ed told Doocy that one of the problems the couple is running into is finding food on the road because a lot of the chain stores won't let drivers walk up to the drive-thru windows.

However, according to Ed, a lot of "mom and pop" local restaurants are putting up signs saying, "you are welcome to walk up and call us ahead of time and we'll even bring the food to your truck."

"There are several police departments throughout several states that are helping truck drivers find safe places to park, restroom facilities, and they're even taking the driver to get food or bringing food to them," Tracy chimed in. "So that's really nice that the community is really stepping up to help the truck drivers."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/truckers-road-coronavirus-shutdowns-grocery-hoarding

This is sad , they are trying to bring goods to restock grocery stores but now their normal restaurants have to close.

• Like (+1) 4

They're (the mainstream media including but not limited to: ABC, NBC, CNN, WaPo, NYTs, CBS, LA Times) literally parroting CCP talking points for money. 

Times of stress like this are EXCELLENT times to see, clearly, who is truly on our side and who are without question enemies of this country and everything it stands for. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're (the mainstream media including but not limited to: ABC, NBC, CNN, WaPo, NYTs, CBS, LA Times) literally parroting CCP talking points for money. 

Times of stress like this are EXCELLENT times to see, clearly, who is truly on our side and who are without question enemies of this country and everything it stands for. 

you are still an idiot lol

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They still don't understand why he won -- or what Americans actually care about. 

China government is pretty shady. Glad America not like them. (this virus, people go missing in there country, blaming America for this virus) Who knows if they are telling the truth in numbers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

China government is pretty shady. Glad America not like them. (this virus, people go missing in there country, blaming America for this virus) Who knows if they are telling the truth in numbers.

Correct. The CCP is literally harvesting organs, running concentration camps, engaged in ethnic cleansing -- on top of their other crimes against their own citizens. That regimes stands against everything the progressive left (and establishment media left) claims to care about, yet they lick their boots and take their money without a second thought. 

Why? 

They're hypocrites by and large, dishonest by and large, and some are literal enemies of the people because of it. 

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They still don't understand why he won -- or what Americans actually care about. 

My heart medicine is made in China and was recalled last year due to a cancer cause in it. Get that back in the US to be made before you tick them off. I'll take one for the team I agree with you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

GUIDANCE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A BUSINESS ENTERPRISE IS SUBJECT TO A 75% WORKFORCE REDUCTION UNDER EXECUTIVE ORDER 202.6

This is for NYS, it lists essentials.

(enacted to address the COVID-19 Outbreak)
If your question is not answered below, please contact ESD at our website at: https://esd.ny.gov/covid-19-help
Please find the Governor's Executive Order here.
Requests by businesses to be designated an essential function as described below, should only be made if they are NOT covered by the following guidance.

</snip>

Here's an article

In a press conference today, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo announced orders for residents to stay at home amid rising COVID-19 concerns. The governor was careful to avoid terms like “shelter in place” during the otherwise typically blunt presser, but noted a “100% workforce reduction,” with the exclusion of services deemed essential. The rules take effect Sunday evening.

“This is the most drastic action we can take,” Cuomo said, following yesterday’s lead of California Governor Gavin Newsom. Cuomo went on to note that things like “solitary exercise” would be excluded from the ruling, but the state will be aggressive in making sure that citizens adhere to the rules. Mass transit will remain operational and restaurants, food delivery and banks will remain in service. Cuomo wasn’t able to answer a question about laundry services, but the state will make a full list of exceptions available this afternoon.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1