Jump to content

Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0


DJB
 Share

Recommended Posts

I really love how he assumes that Gettleman does something what nobody expects :)

 

I think he may be onto something with WRs taken lower than generally expected and more QBs taken in first round than expected.

 

Interesting scenario for us with Higgins and Shenault still the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the Higgins pick. Huge catch radius, massive wing span, very sure handed .  Perfect player to be our X WR on the outside.

 

At 6'4 he would be our much needed Giant amongst our smurfs. We saw how much Josh liked throwing to Duke a big target

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Last year I recall Jeremiah mocking  Cody Ford to the Bills at Pick 9 in one of his drafts..

 

 

 

He obviously  fell, but Jeremiah  is very connected and knows which scouts like which players .  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Last year I recall Jeremiah mocking  Cody Ford to the Bills at Pick 9 in one of his drafts..

 

 

 

So maybe we get Tee Higgins in the 2nd this year?!

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:


It’s early to be having inside information at this stage..

 

He is throwing darts at a board..

 

I was referring to last year with Ford. Has nothing to do with Higgins

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:


It’s early to be having inside information at this stage..

 

He is throwing darts at a board..

 

So much can change in the draft process. Right now it is just projections based off of team needs and how the college season played out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:


It’s early to be having inside information at this stage..

 

He is throwing darts at a board..

Agreed. DJ is very good at this and will have insight over the next few months but this is an early stab at positional needs lining up with talent and projected slot. I would look at his future mocks - especially post FA and post combine - with a keen eye though. 
 

the only one I would look at a little closer right now is the Chargers because he does their games on radio and is pretty close to the team. Right now he’s not expecting them to go QB in the 1st but of course so much can change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Last year I recall Jeremiah mocking  Cody Ford to the Bills at Pick 9 in one of his drafts..

 

Wait Wat?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. DJ is very good at this and will have insight over the next few months but this is an early stab at positional needs lining up with talent and projected slot. I would look at his future mocks - especially post FA and post combine - with a keen eye though.

 

So how accurate is he historically then?  Or is it more insight into how teams may be valuing players?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Wait Wat?

 

So how accurate is he historically then?  Or is it more insight into how teams may be valuing players?

He’s pretty accurate based on my recollection. He hears a lot from agents, teams, etc. If you watch Path the Draft on NFLN (which he hosts) he talks a lot about it and he moves guys around based on what he’s hearing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Rico said:

If Jerry Jeudy drops to #15, I’d like to see a trade-up.

 

If they are predicting 6 WR's in the first round, let's not revisit 2014 and trade up for Sammy Watkins when we could have had better players after him where we already were.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s pretty accurate based on my recollection. He hears a lot from agents, teams, etc. If you watch Path the Draft on NFLN (which he hosts) he talks a lot about it and he moves guys around based on what he’s hearing. 

 

OK, so I looked him up last year and I think you're right, he's definitely making changes as the draft approaches based on what he hears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd go Schenault over Higgins, but would be happy with either one.  

 

However, in this scenario, there still appear to be some Edge guys left that I'd grab (Gross-Matos or perhaps Lewis from Alabama).  But those guys may be available in the 2nd. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, DJB said:
BUF.png

 

 

Tee Higgins - WR

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

The Bills need to add a big-bodied playmaker. Higgins is a jump-ball specialist.

 


I love this pick and the fact that a rush for QB’s at the top (like there usually is) could possibly push the WR group down further.  But I would love to have Tee Higgins

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd go Schenault over Higgins, but would be happy with either one.  

 

However, in this scenario, there still appear to be some Edge guys left that I'd grab (Gross-Matos or perhaps Lewis from Alabama).  But those guys may be available in the 2nd. 


For real - knowing McDermott, it would not shock me to see an Edge rusher be the pick 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

OK, so I looked him up last year and I think you're right, he's definitely making changes as the draft approaches based on what he hears.

He will have several versions of his mock. The one he puts out the week of the draft (it might even be the day before) is typically pretty dialed in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...