Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0

DJB

9 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Amazing post!!! Seriously.

To this day I cannot understand the selection of Kouandjio. He was a good kid but he was the 4th (perhaps even 5th) best player on that OL and I posted it on this board. Not only that, he was seriously injured.

For me not to want to draft a LT AND a player from Alabama is monumental, no? :) 

I do hope that he recovered from his problem. He was a really good kid in Tuscaloosa. No problems whatsoever.

Big, long arms, top recruit who played against future NFL talent every day in practice..........and hey he was just going to play RT.

I think sometimes when you are scouting for need..........and scouts know the teams needs........there is a tendency to not dig as deep.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Big, long arms, top recruit who played against future NFL talent every day in practice..........and hey he was just going to play RT.

I think sometimes when you are scouting for need..........and scouts know the teams needs........there is a tendency to not dig as deep.

Correct but this kid, even when healthy, was not strong enough to play RT. He was fairly agile but again, he wasn't even close to being the best blocker on that OL.

He was a huge mistake of Donte Whitner proportion (almost).

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve always been a fan of Matt Miller’s work and found this really, really interesting:

I assumed round 2 for Higgins ... thought late 1st to early 2nd for gross-matos. 2nd-3rd is interesting.  The safeties are going to get pushed down in general, I think. Just not a premium position and there isn’t that one Jamal Adams/minkah Fitzpatrick type stud this year in the 1st. Late 1st for Andrew Thomas is surprising.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assumed round 2 for Higgins ... thought late 1st to early 2nd for gross-matos. 2nd-3rd is interesting.  The safeties are going to get pushed down in general, I think. Just not a premium position and there isn’t that one Jamal Adams/minkah Fitzpatrick type stud this year in the 1st. Late 1st for Andrew Thomas is surprising.

Someone on twitter asked him to do the reverse of this. I hope that he does. I’m always curious as to the guys that the scouts are higher on than the talking heads. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Someone on twitter asked him to do the reverse of this. I hope that he does. I’m always curious as to the guys that the scouts are higher on than the talking heads. 

One that I am hearing is Jordan Love having a 1st rd grade... 

Results

22: R1P22

OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
54: R2P22

WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
86: R3P22
RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
125: R4P22

LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE
155: R5P9

TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU
167: R5P21

WR VAN JEFFERSON
FLORIDA
188: R6P9

EDGE BRYCE STERK
MONTANA STATE
201: R6P22

RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE
207: R6P28

CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE
AUBURN

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Results

22: R1P22

OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
54: R2P22

WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
86: R3P22
RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
125: R4P22

LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE
155: R5P9

TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU
167: R5P21

WR VAN JEFFERSON
FLORIDA
188: R6P9

EDGE BRYCE STERK
MONTANA STATE
201: R6P22

RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE
207: R6P28

CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE
AUBURN

In this equation, does this mean that 17 WR’s went before the Bills pick, cause if Wills is their at 22, the  Bills should rocket launch to the podium to pick Wills.

?

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

In this equation, does this mean that 17 WR’s went before the Bills pick, cause if Wills is their at 22, the  Bills should rocket launch to the podium to pick Wills.

?

He was 13th on the Big Board and BPA at the time. Willis was the guy that slipped at this point. 

• 4 weeks later...