Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Irv

Words That I Am Tired Of

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm through with the words "trope" and "woke".  It's like CNN, Hollywood, D.C.  just figured out what they mean and now everyone is using them.  Evidence that our society is desperately seeking new ways to be offended.  While we're at it, let's throw microaggression in there too.   

 

Any words you can't stand to hear anymore?

 

 

Edited by Irv
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Artisan.

It's a snooty, foof word.  Never liked it in the first place.

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i recently became aware of the term, "fomo" and now i hate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, snafu said:

Artisan.

Ugh ! 

 

Like so many exaggerated words used in grocery stores and restaurant menus to describe items.  

 

 

  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, snafu said:

Artisan.

It's a snooty, foof word.  Never liked it in the first place.

 

 

Fast food joints use the word “artisan”, so it should be up for removal from the dictionary. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond (any adjective).

 

It's lazy and it's stupid.  Find a better word/phrase to express yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we expand this to phrases?

 

"Unanswered points" is #1 on my list.  EVERY freaking announcer uses it now -- INCORRECTLY.

 

Points are only "unanswered" if the other team NEVER SCORES AGAIN.

 

Can you tell this pisses me off?  So lazy.  Just say "so-and-so have scored the last 14 points" or "so-and-so have scored 14 points in a row."  It's not difficult.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Process

 

What does it mean?  What are the benchmarks?

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, teef said:

i recently became aware of the term, "fomo" and now i hate it.

yeah but... i fomo on bogo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, eball said:

Can we expand this to phrases?

 

"Unanswered points" is #1 on my list.  EVERY freaking announcer uses it now -- INCORRECTLY.

 

Points are only "unanswered" if the other team NEVER SCORES AGAIN.

 

Can you tell this pisses me off?  So lazy.  Just say "so-and-so have scored the last 14 points" or "so-and-so have scored 14 points in a row."  It's not difficult.

Idk bout that.

 

In football or Basketballf If you are down 10-0 and score 28 straight, you most certainly scored 28  unanswered.

 

Even if they finally score, you did go 28 before it was answered. So 28 unanswered

 

28 points In a row, 28 straight, run of 28 points, 28 unanswered are all interchangeable there

Edited by Buffalo716

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yeah but... i fomo on bogo.

 

yolo

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm through with the words "trope" and "woke".  It's like CNN, Hollywood, D.C.  just figured out what they mean and now everyone is using them.  Evidence that our society is desperately seeking new ways to be offended.  While we're at it, let's throw microaggression in there too.   

 

Any words you can't stand to hear anymore?

 

 

In the context of these types of online discussion forums, I never need to see the following again:

 

"Narrative"

 

"Hyperbole"

 

"Sample size"

 

"Agenda"

 

"Hater/Hate"

 

 

48 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Process

 

What does it mean?  What are the benchmarks?

Technically speaking, I believe "Process" is a term meant to suggest that what is being attempted by the front office/coaching is complex, difficult, and by definition, requires time.


Therefore, it is critical that those implementing the Process are allowed time to effect change.

 

I.E., it's a job security campaign for the guys in charge; they are making top dollar and may not see this level of job again.  Gotta keep that pay check coming in while you can.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hearing someone say “cool beans” makes me want to punt a kitten.

 

Good to know......cool beans, I’ll remember that. Do we have to bring the kitten? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Idk bout that.

 

In football or Basketballf If you are down 10-0 and score 28 straight, you most certainly scored 28  unanswered.

 

Even if they finally score, you did go 28 before it was answered. So 28 unanswered

 

28 points In a row, 28 straight, run of 28 points, 28 unanswered are all interchangeable there

 

Wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

"Narrative"

 

You beat me to it.  This was the first thing that came to mind when I clicked on the thread.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...