Words That I Am Tired Of

Irv

11 hours ago, Irv said:

From a sports perspective when did someone being tall turn into having “LENGTH”. I hate that. 

in a football sense I take that to refer to height + wingspan, not just height. At least that’s how I always interpreted it.

59 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

whilst

Only used by overly pretentious imbeciles who are trying to sound beyond intelligent.

Hmm, I like using that word as figure people who don’t like it are dolts and those are people I literally believe can not grasp the salient point of a post  anyway.  

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

…."..you know....you know....you know....you know (ad nauseum)"...…..what was Marrone's favorite?....was it "obviously"?...………...……..

I have a close friend who, years ago, realized that he had a bad habit of inserting, "you know," into his everyday interactions.

He asked me (and others) to interrupt him and say, "Yeah .. I know," every time he said it.  He wanted to be made aware so he could correct it.  It worked.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

"... and whatnot."

better to go with the late great Riley Martin's ".... and uh.... things of that nature..."

parrot squawking every 5 seconds in the background is optional

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Lunch pail. Who uses one anymore, and yet it’s used to describe the character of every new roster build in the NFL, amirite? E.g., now the new Giants are hardscrabble just like the NYC area they represent, ROFL. 

i use a lunch pail. but, i'm a blue collar guy so....

• Haha (+1) 1