Is there basis for a hypothetical lawsuit against the NFL?

2 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Could the Buffalo Bills or the city of Buffalo, aka its fans, sue the NFL over the kickoff TD that wasn’t a TD? As pointed out it was clearly against the rules in the rule book to overturn the call and they did so anyways. They rewarded for something that was meant to be done rather than what was done. Any lawyers on this site? 

A bitter and slow Sunday... obviously lol

Yes they can, but unfortunately the court is busy right now still trying the case from last years New Orleans game.  When they rule on that the Bills will be next!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Could the Buffalo Bills or the city of Buffalo, aka its fans, sue the NFL over the kickoff TD that wasn’t a TD? As pointed out it was clearly against the rules in the rule book to overturn the call and they did so anyways. They rewarded for something that was meant to be done rather than what was done. Any lawyers on this site? 

Or they can hold themselves accountable for blowing a 16 point lead. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Let's not be like Saints fans.  Be better, not bitter. 

You are right.  There is no need to get upset over blatantly giving the game to the other team.  I mean rules are meant to be applied as seen fit.  Carry on. 

7 minutes ago, Tcali said:

lets just admit we were the dumb team as usual...and move on

more like the dumb fanbase who cant appreciate a playoff team that played its heart out all year and over achieved. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Yes, there is at least one lawyer on this site.  And the answer is simple: sure we can sue.  Absolutely.  But will we prevail in the lawsuit?  Not a chance. 

Its about conspiracy to fix a game.  The NFL can be sued. The NFL  is not exempt from monopoly charges.The fans can be financial compensated.

3 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

As a lawyer once told me, this is America... you can sue anyone for anything. 

Saints fan attempted this after Rams no call on dpi.

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Its about conspiracy to fix a game.  The NFL can be sued. The NFL  is not exempt from monopoly charges.The fans can be financial compensated.

You had me at Monopoly. It's high time Parker Brothers INC. got their comeuppance. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

As a lawyer once told me, this is America... you can sue anyone for anything. 

Saints fan attempted this after Rams no call on dpi.

I think we as Bills fans have even more of a case in this scenario though. They went against an official rule book whereas PI is a judgement call. It’s def more definitive from the Bills end. 

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I doubt it.  The City of Buffalo certainly couldn't.  What would the Bills sue for?  A couple extra first round picks?

We settle to get the Pats treatment for the next 20 years

In a related topic.  I legit think Jerry Hughes should sue the NFL for lost earnings.  The refs clearly ignore penalties against him.  And I'm sure that causes him to miss bonuses, hurts him at contract time, etc.  

It would be really easy to prove 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I think we as Bills fans have even more of a case in this scenario though. They went against an official rule book whereas PI is a judgement call. It’s def more definitive from the Bills end. 

We settle to get the Pats treatment for the next 20 years

I think the nfl admitted it was clear dpi though poll