Playoff #1 Second Half Thread. Bills @ Texans ESPN & ABC 4:25 pm

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

They call that all the time during the season.

Then the league is off balance.

They keep saying “common sense prevails.” I think they want the assumption of the returners intent. But that principally goes against the the way the game should be officiated. It should be officiated based on precision and specifically as it relates to the proper execution of movements and non-movement even. Think about the precision that goes into “what constitutes a catch,” and staying in stance to avoid a penalty. 

What’s done is done. But I can’t square it. 

Edited by Juror#8

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Because he tossed the ball to the ref. Do you think he fumbled the ball forward on purpose while not running. It was a fair call. 

Everytime someone has a wide open TD but drops ball right before endzone celebrating... we should call it a TD anyway: for sthe sake of "common sense, and he MEANT to score a TD"

Just now, Juror#8 said:

Then the league is off balance.

They keep saying “common sense prevails.” I think they want the assumption of the returners intent. But that principally goes against the the way the game should be officiated. It should be officiated based on precision and specifically as it relates to the proper execution of movements and non-movement even. Think about the precision that goes into “what constitutes a catch,” and staying in stance to avoid a penalty. 

I can’t square it. 

I have hated the way for a couple years now that the returner just has to wave his arms and that means it's a dead ball? They need to do away with that crap. Make the returner actually play the ball