Sunday night football: packers at vikings

elroy16

38 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s got nothing to do with me. It wasn’t about the guys I mentioned other than why they get praise and not criticized for missed throws etc etc . Any quarterback drafted top 10 as a raw project who is inaccurate who had long term success. I’m an Allen fan. But I have an outside perspective. There is no success story in anyone who has faced what Allen is up against. Doesn’t mean I want him to fail or none of that. He has not won big games. That doesn’t make me an enemy or an Allen hater or a bills hater just objective 

I don't buy the raw/innacurate assessment so I can't agree with your view.  You can call just about every QB coming out of college raw.  Eli Manning was very inaccurate his 1st 2 years, hitting fewer than 52% of his passes.  So if you want an example of a guy who by your definition who "faced what Allen is up against" I give you Eli Manning, 2x Super Bowl MVP and considered by many a future Hall of Famer.  

PS: Q: Who was considered the most pro-ready of all the 2018 1st rounders?  A: Josh Rosen, a guy who was dumped after 1 season by the team who drafted him and is bolted to the bench in Miami.  These raw/NFL ready labels on prospects are nonsense.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

23 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

is that new “hot” defensive sack celebration wiping snot? Or is it something I’m missing? I have seen a lot of defensive players do it after a sack and I just don’t get it. 

Oh, I was under the impression that it was the “Archuleta” celebration. Oops. 

“wiping the stank off”

Edited by Sig1Hunter

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Talk about Rodger’s decline all you want, but this Packers offense is really conservative under LeFleur. Lots of screen plays and runs. McCarthy was a disaster, but I’m not sure this is how I’d utilize Rodgers either. 

They're sucking all the way to a 12 win season 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't buy the raw/innacurate assessment so I can't agree with your view.  You can call just about every QB coming out of college raw.  Eli Manning was very inaccurate his 1st 2 years, hitting fewer than 52% of his passes.  So if you want an example of a guy who by your definition who "faced what Allen is up against" I give you Eli Manning, 2x Super Bowl MVP and considered by many a future Hall of Famer.  

I think you’re really missing the point or just choose to only read certain things. 
Eli Manning was a top prospect and was considered pro ready. And his brother didn’t hurt either. He was in the running for the heisman. Little different than Allen in college. 

Edited by Rc2catch

9 minutes ago, stuvian said:

They're sucking all the way to a 12 win season 

They’re playing good football, I’m just speaking to the fact that some believe Rodgers has declined. I think it has more to do with the offensive scheme, and what’s being asked of him. 

Edited by SirAndrew

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think you’re really missing the point or just choose to only read certain things. 
Eli Manning was a top prospect and was considered pro ready. And his brother didn’t hurt either. He was in the running for the heisman. 

And Eli looked like hot garbage as a rookie & had a poor completion % his 2nd season.  I'm not missing the point,  I'm not buying your premise.  I believe your point is wrong.  If you think someone who disagrees with you is missing the point, then I'm missing your wrong point.  I added to my post after you quoted me.  Josh Rosen was considered pro ready & he's a bust.  Every QB when he enters the NFL can be labeled raw.  Every QB with a low completion % can be called inaccurate. I really don't care what people, you included, have labeled Josh Allen-I don't agree with your labels.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

And Eli looked like hot garbage as a rookie & had a poor completion % his 2nd season.  I'm not missing the point,  I'm not buying your premise.  I believe your point is wrong.  If you think someone who disagrees with you is missing the point, then I'm missing your wrong point.  I added to my post after you quoted me.  Josh Rosen was considered pro ready & he's a bust.  Every QB when he enters the NFL can be labeled raw.  Every QB with a low completion % can be called inaccurate. I really don't care what people, you included, have labeled Josh Allen-I don't agree with your labels.  

Ok buddy. Before I say something that gets me in trouble. Merry Christmas to you and yours. I’ll agree to disagree and leave it be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'm in probably the 0.001% who enjoyed Miller...it was like listening to a guy on mushrooms on National TV.....

I like Miller the comedian.  His style of comedy didn't translate well to the booth though. 

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I was going to post the same thoughts. And now an INT. Yet zero criticism from the announcers. If this were Allen, we'd be hearing all about his fatal flaws.

Rodgers is definitely a player in decline.

the national media is still reading from the same sheets ; he's inaccurate, blah blah.  once they write the book on you, it never changes.   Just win games.