I think over the top fandom is stupid

Completely right. Your called a Pat's fan If you disagree. This forum used to be better anyways though.

Now it looks like a comfort group for rationalization for why the bills "tried to lose o  purpose" after the mania induced hot takes and crazy predictions go wrong.

Edited by Sharky7337

By definition a fan (fanatic) is not rational.  

It's good to have something in your life that you can love unconditionally and be irrational about.  There's more than enough other factors in day to day life that require analysis and reality based thinking.  Sunday and the Bills - not one of those things for me.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team

Aren't you the one that was criticizing Milano for being too SLOW? Not exactly what most would call an "objective" view.

The old glass house thing...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Completely right. Your called a Pat's fan If you disagree. This forum used to be better anyways though.

Now it looks like a comfort group for rationalization for why the bills "tried to lose o  purpose" after the mania induced hot takes and crazy predictions go wrong.

you've been hurt before...haven't you?

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 7

39 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Meanwhile, I am 100% confident that your overzealous fandom (not that I am judging) is precisely why you can't evaluate the team correctly.  You get so wrapped up in narratives and how plays/players make you feel in their moments of failure that you end up thinking they need to be replaced/below NFL caliber. All the while you don't take the time or energy to look around the league to see what the standard/average even is. 

Actually the over-zealousness is what causes both extremes.  The OP used the word "objectively".....that is the thing a lot suffer from not being able to do.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

for the first time in about 22 years i was off the couch and pleading at the TV screen as they got to 1st and goal at the end

not a hope they were intending to throw the game away, not sure what people on here are doing telling us the Bills took a dive there...  :(

15 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Have you ever posted anything ?     Why the tears ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

I get it, we’re all Bills fans here. I love Buffalo and I love the Bills. We’re a team on the rise. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if we win the division next year and go on a Super Bowl run, but frankly, if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team and have a rational discussion, maybe you should kind of come back to Earth a little bit. Seems like every post here that isn’t rosy and peachy gets dragged through the mud. Can we stop the jock sniffing and have honest, decent, constructive discussions like adults? We have quite a few holes on this team, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5. We have lots of system players. RE, LE, WR, RT, G, K, P, LB are all need areas. We’re not some ethereal juggernaut. We’re a young albeit talented team that is on the uppity up, but let’s get real and stop with the North Korean propaganda antics that are going on here. We’re missing a few pieces still. I love the Bills but the over the top fandom is ***** obnoxious.

dont tell me what to do boomer

43 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Actually I predicted 11-5 before the season and so far I’m looking good. I also accurately guessed Saturday’s score only to be met with a meh emoji.

We’re a good team but all I want from the message board is objective discussions. We have such a smart fan base WAY above average, I just want us to stay grounded and let go of the dumb jock buffoonery and jock sniffing antics. I like the team building part of football the best and part of that includes less than favorable views of certain players. 

Whether fans like it or not, we DO have holes to fill. If not, we might as well skip the draft and free agency.

I dont care.  I accurately predict you are going to continue to get put in your place for calling out people that do things differently than you. 

I get it, we’re all Bills fans here. I love Buffalo and I love the Bills. We’re a team on the rise. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if we win the division next year and go on a Super Bowl run, but frankly, if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team and have a rational discussion, maybe you should kind of come back to Earth a little bit. Seems like every post here that isn’t rosy and peachy gets dragged through the mud. Can we stop the jock sniffing and have honest, decent, constructive discussions like adults? We have quite a few holes on this team, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5. We have lots of system players. RE, LE, WR, RT, G, K, P, LB are all need areas. We’re not some ethereal juggernaut. We’re a young albeit talented team that is on the uppity up, but let’s get real and stop with the North Korean propaganda antics that are going on here. We’re missing a few pieces still. I love the Bills but the over the top fandom is ***** obnoxious.

Why don't you buy a little something for that wet blanket of yours?

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Actually I predicted 11-5 before the season and so far I’m looking good. I also accurately guessed Saturday’s score only to be met with a meh emoji.

We’re a good team but all I want from the message board is objective discussions. We have such a smart fan base WAY above average, I just want us to stay grounded and let go of the dumb jock buffoonery and jock sniffing antics. I like the team building part of football the best and part of that includes less than favorable views of certain players. 

Whether fans like it or not, we DO have holes to fill. If not, we might as well skip the draft and free agency.

Every team has holes to fill. 

Are we a young, talented team or a team with those eight areas of need and holes to fill? Which is it? 

I’d say we’re a work in progress with an upward trajectory. 

• Like (+1) 3

So this is in regards to the Milano thread where you said multiple times you aren't gushing about a player so you're catching hate, etc.

The problem is, you called Milano slow and said he's a system play and he only does well because of coaching.

What you're failing to realize if you can criticize any player as long as you do it objectively. Saying Milano is slow is just flat out wrong. Saying he is a product of the system is sort of weird. He covers TE's 1 on 1, he plays sideline to sideline, he's asked to do a lot. You need to actually watch him play and then come back with some sort of factual premise behind your weird dislike for him.