Outcoached on both sides of the ball...and Edmunds sucked

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We’re going to the playoffs. 

The dolphins SUCK. (They’re winning today because their playing the JV team from Frontier). The Pats aren’t losing to them. 

can we just enjoy this for god sakes? 

We are in the tournament and anything can happen.  Let’s get behind them and enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes they have been fairly bad at screens all year but you can still try.

And then you’d be on here screaming, “ why the hell are they running screens? They haven’t been able to do that all year!!!!!!!!!!!”

5 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's the greatest NFL coach of all-time and he also happens to cheat. He also has the greatest quarterback in history at his disposal.

Those three things have resulted in the single-greatest run in the history of professional sports in the United States.

Brady brought his A game yesterday. When that happens this Patriots team is so difficult for anyone to beat - especially at home.

Was yesterday the first game you watched this season? They haven't successfully executed a screen in all of 2019.

Bill Russell's Celtics say hello.  

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

And on to Daboll.  He should be forced to watch the Patriots gameplan. Short passes and throwing to the running backs. Why is this such a hard concept?

It's a hard concept because the Bills may not practice it much.  Or Dabol doesn't know how to teach it, which would be a real indictment.  Other teams destroy us on screens and we never use them.  Other teams benefit from their running backs catching passes in the open and chewing up yardage.  What do we do, the same thing game after game: rarely pass on first or second down, when a play works well, not go back to it, attempt to make Gore an outside runner when he can no longer even run inside, etc. etc. etc.  We're totally predictable and easy to defend.  That's on Daboll and ultimately on Mac for allowing it to continue.  In the playoffs, you need to score more than 17 points a game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

NFL fans, coaches and analysts: holy cow that Edmunds is amazing. Let’s make him first alternate for the pro bowl.

Ethan from Portland: Edmunds isn’t even good enough to play MLB!!!

I don’t know, maybe you’re a little over emotional here? Just throwing it out there.

He was awful yesterday. Other posters agree.  He has played well at times this year and as others have pointed out he is doing well in coverage. NFL analysts don't watch every snap like we do as fans. We have seen him take bad angles and not read the run game well for two years. 

I'm not even close to giving up on him. I've freely admitted it is pure conjecture that he would be better at OLB. But just look at his size, body type, speed, and sneaky good rush ability. He is built to be a dominant edge player.  

6 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

I also started watching Edmunds exclusively in the 1st quarter - however was afraid to post anything as to get flamed.

He was almost always going the wrong way, moving away from the RB on his own and ending up out of the play entirely.  And then sometimes he was blocked 

and couldn't do anything.

Maybe he's not a MLB?

He is NOT a MLB.  He isn't strong enough to stop running plays right up the middle.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

giphy.gif

Not that I should even bother with a poster like you, but what happened on the few times he was pressured? Yeah that’s right he threw intentionally grounded passes that the officiating never called. That’s what he has done all year, most passes thrown away of all qb’s If you had the intellectual capacity to understand what teams have done to Brady this year, you would understand we didn’t even attempt to get him uncomfortable were he has been an abject failure. So quite frankly you really look like they guy in your meme, and as you have shown your lack of  ability to understand what happened on the field Last night. Good job Wayne...

Edmunds has been ferocious the last month and has an off day and people are like maybe he's really not a MLB? Hahahah lmaooo

The dudes closing speed which is elite has been on display a bunch this season, as we as his versatility in the pass game

He tipped a pass at the LoS and then chased it down and picked it off 7 yards downfield.. you literally won't see that again this season

The league HAS changed. Run stuffers are a dime a dozen , it's players with sub package ability that become stars

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

We forget he is young and he does really good taking space away in the passing game. Right now he isn’t doing well in run support up the gut and that is where you can really lose games. Time will tell what the Bills do.

Milano had a pretty bad game...It is hard to put all the blame on Edmunds

9 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's the greatest NFL coach of all-time and he also happens to cheat. He also has the greatest quarterback in history at his disposal.

Those three things have resulted in the single-greatest run in the history of professional sports in the United States.

Lance Armstrong actually has the greatest run in professional sports history, 7 times in a row along with all of his other wins is greater than 6 times in 19. Also I think the Yankees 26 titles is 74 years is more impressive, along with Celtics 11 in 15 blowing away the cheaters but why let facts get in way of loving a cheater?

15 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not that I should even bother with a poster like you, but what happened on the few times he was pressured? Yeah that’s right he threw intentionally grounded passes that the officiating never called. That’s what he has done all year, most passes thrown away of all qb’s If you had the intellectual capacity to understand what teams have done to Brady this year, you would understand we didn’t even attempt to get him uncomfortable were he has been an abject failure. So quite frankly you really look like they guy in your meme, and as you have shown your lack of  ability to understand what happened on the field Last night. Good job Wayne...

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Belichick is hard to beat.   He game plans better than anyone else and makes better adjustments.

On offense, NE featured rugged backs Burkhead and Michele because that's what works against the Bills fast, poor tackling defense.  Against a big, slow defense they'd have run James White all day.  The Bills couldn't counter and so NE controlled the game.

On defense, when Singletary has an effective first half. (7 rushes for 34), NE adjusts to stop him in the 2H (8 rushes for 12 yards), yet Bills don't adjust and continue to pound him for no gain series after series.

This.

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Lance Armstrong actually has the greatest run in professional sports history, 7 times in a row along with all of his other wins is greater than 6 times in 19. Also I think the Yankees 26 titles is 74 years is more impressive, along with Celtics 11 in 15 blowing away the cheaters but why let facts get in way of loving a cheater?

I’m not going to get into it. A 20-consecutive-year span of excellence in a sport, era and league that begs for parity speaks for itself. If you’re going to get butt-hurt about it then that’s your problem.

Watching the DAL - PHI game yesterday I realized we are leaving even more possessions on the field than I thought. 

In both the BAL and second NE games we got the ball with around 5 minutes left. However, in both cases it was understood this would be our last chance to tie it up because we didn't have 3 timeouts. In both games we previously used  at least one of our second half timeouts while the clock was already stopped. While trailing in the second half of the 4th qtr the Bills occasionally run the ball. Dallas did not run once in this situation and after they went 4 and out, they had another chance to force Philly to punt. I don't see the same urgency with this offense in the second half. Dallas was also consistently snapping the ball with 20-25 seconds left on the play clock following a completion in bounds. Of course Dallas failed to force a punt, but they played the clock with common sense McDermott doesn't seem to have.