Armchair QB Whisperers beware! Pros see Allen differently.

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh is making some of the same mistakes now that he made nearly 2 years ago.

Are we sure he's progressing and "learning" ???

His completion % is more what I'd call regressing to the mean.

He has absolutely improved drastically. Look at the touchdown to interception ratio as an example. Sure he still makes some of the same mistakes, is he supposed to fix literally EVERYTHING in one season? Baby steps, one thing at a time.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

Progress does not mean perfection. Just keep making progress. This was NOT the Josh Allen of last year, or the guy who played the Patriots earlier this season. Progress. 

Ok. He's not throwing picks. Let's see if he progresses to improve everything. 

(Not to be argumentative but the majority of the first half was the Allen of last year.) 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, london_bills said:

(Not to be argumentative but the majority of the first half was the Allen of last year.) 

The majority of the first half the Patriots had the ball and wouldn`t give it back ;)

Edited by JMF2006

Ummmm.  He has 29 tds and 9 ints.  Pretty sure that's improving.  Smfh

• Thank you (+1) 1

Can we ban this guy yet?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

You're definitely joking.

There's absolutely no way that anyone watching this kid could say they don't see serious progress.

Unless that person is an idiot. But I don't believe you're an idiot. So the only logical explanation is that you're joking.

He already said yesterday that he hopes the Bills move on from Allen as soon as possible.  Don't even bother.  Anyone with that kind of attitude about this kid is an idiot.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/why-buffalo-bills-loss-to-patriots-was-still-a-win-for-josh-allen.html

The second was maybe the best play he’s made in his NFL career. Under pressure, Allen stood in the pocket, saw receiver John Brown make a filthy move on a Patriots cornerback and floated it out perfectly to the streaking speedster.

*cough* Gilmore *cough*

Total TDs given up during coverage for the 2019 season so far:

Tre' White - 0

Stephon Gilmore - 1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Yeah, at some point I'd like to see him make a field goal or two and return punts.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Where do you see regression from year1 to 2?

ear Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2018 22 BUF QB 17 12 11 5-6-0 169 320 52.8 2074 10 3.1 12 3.8 89 75 6.5 5.4 12.3 172.8 67.9 49.8 28 213 5.35 4.37 8.0 2 3 6
2019 23 BUF QB 17 15 15 10-5-0 268 456 58.8 3084 20 4.4 9 2.0 146 53 6.8 6.8 11.5 205.6 85.6 46.5 38 237 5.76 5.75 7.7 4 5

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I'm astonished at the cannon the guy has.  I'm also astonished that an NFL caliber QB can't hit a wide open Beasly 15 yards away.  Seems to be throwing off the back foot a lot.  

Something is going on mentally with him that is affecting his technique. If you watch his presser he talks about having to sort this out. 

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah, at some point I'd like to see him make a field goal or two and return punts.

Haha or a wide open throw. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Good assessment by Matt Parrino

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/why-buffalo-bills-loss-to-patriots-was-still-a-win-for-josh-allen.html

Cole Beasley said there is no question mark when it comes to Allen. Saturday night’s performance confirmed the slot receivers’ assessment.

“I knew it wasn’t going to be the same guy that played them the first time. Everybody in the locker room knew that,” Beasley said. “We have a lot of faith in him and that dude’s gonna be one of the best quarterbacks in the league.”

Allen’s two touchdown passes were results of deep balls. Encouraging for Bills fans as their quarterback has struggled in that area all season. The first was a perfect ball to rookie tight end Dawson Knox, setting up a one-yard touchdown pass to left tackle Dion Dawkins. The second was maybe the best play he’s made in his NFL career. Under pressure, Allen stood in the pocket, saw receiver John Brown make a filthy move on a Patriots cornerback and floated it out perfectly to the streaking speedster.

Allen made plays with his legs and his arm.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Josh needs to practice short passes, touch passes, screen passes.  

Rather than run, run, pass, punt, I wish they would give Josh some opportunities to practice those kinds of passes more often.

They do a little, but it’s almost as if they avoid them because he has trouble with them.  

I think they should emphasize them so he gets some practice.  

Maybe next week against the Jets they will, unless they rest the starters. 

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

We all know about the wow plays.  What we need to see is making the average plays consistently.

Im hopeful that will come but it’s not there yet.

A lot of average plays have been there....but our receivers keep dropping them.

• Like (+1) 2