Brian Daboll has no future here

Tesla03

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Our screen gane sucks. Have you not been watching all year?

Yes that's what I'm saying, other teams even bad ones execute this maybe not to perfection like the good teams do. Is that not on Daboll to come up with something creative if our screen game sucks?

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have defended Daboll a lot this year. I thought he was horrible yesterday. Ran it too much. Should have thrown deep earlier to open up the underneath throws more. Failed to identify the right matchups.... 

Yes, the oline played its worst game of the year. 

Yes, especially early Josh Allen had some horrible misses.

But I hated that gameplan. Awful. Someone has told him to run the ball more and we look worse for it. 

He might have the balls with 6 seconds left before HT and one shot to get in to throw a pass to his starting LT. 

There are many things this offense is missing. Creativity and trickery is definitely not one of them. 

Agree to disagree, I don't see nearly enough of those plays to say our OC is creative. In fact being at the bottom of the league in offense shows he isn't so I'm not sure why so many on here are defending it.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Our screen gane sucks. Have you not been watching all year?

thank you.  Spot on.  It’s the give and take of employing the guards that we have.  As far as the quoted comment about the Philly special goes, I submit that a guy who throws it twice w a WR this year, dedicates two entire goal line seuqences to trick plays this year, and throws to a tackle with no time on the clock at the end of the half yesterday should not have his courage questioned. 

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

we are missing a WR, could use a TE1, a RB2, a RT and I’m not an Allen hater but It being ok that he’s sub 60% because he’s pushing the ball deep doesn’t jive with the lack of big chunks actually completed

we need more skill and more confidence on offense to hang with the big boys consistently. 

I think we need a bigger x receiver.  Brown is best as a  y (at least in my view).  I consider Beasley to be our WR2, and the spot other than brown/Beasley has been a black hole lately.  McKenzie really aggravated me by failing to line up properly yesterday.  If you’re not going to help the team, at the very least you can’t hurt it with presnap errors. 

17 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

Allen didn't play well but how come he always looks 10x better at the end of games when we need to score? almost as if daboll is playing aggressive instead of putting the offense in shackles 

Josh plays much better in a quick, uptempo offense, where he is just reading and reacting instinctively more than he does with Daboll’s garbage offensive gameplan.

Its like Daboll wants Josh to be somebody else for 3 quarters, but then ge 4th rolls around, he has no choice but to let Josh be Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh allen had a 100 QB rating 2 TDS no turnovers and hit on two deep balls...the defense was atrocious allowing 17 play drives and a 50% 3rd down completion..also numerous missed tackles and zero sacks or even pressure all night..no adjustments on defense and zero blitz..i hate when our coaches keep trying to hammer a losing game plan at our opposition all game long..has anyone seen an in game adjustment not just at halftime?...mind boggling how vanilla frazier was allowed to call the defense...i hate the conservative approach that this team keeps coming back to...playing fearless worked and now we are back to being afraid on defense and offense.....piss poor coaching again

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Josh allen had a 100 QB rating 2 TDS no turnovers and hit on two deep balls...the defense was atrocious allowing 17 play drives and a 50% 3rd down completion..also numerous missed tackles and zero sacks or even pressure all night..no adjustments on defense and zero blitz..i hate when our coaches keep trying to hammer a losing game plan at our opposition all game long..has anyone seen an in game adjustment not just at halftime?...mind boggling how vanilla frazier was allowed to call the defense...i hate the conservative approach that this team keeps coming back to...playing fearless worked and now we are back to being afraid on defense and offense.....piss poor coaching again

The defense scored under 20, again? And couldn’t sustain drives to get a breather?

I am NOT on the fire Daboll bandwagon. But I do am baffled by the lack of screens, no TE involved in short passes (and very few to RBs too), of NOT at times tossing the ball to Singletarry instead of so often running up the gut, etc. Basically. the overall picture is good, and I do think he's using the players well, but some things are mind scratchers!

IDK if it's him or McD putting the stoppers on Josh, but he's no rookie anymore, has thrown very little picks since that dreadful first game against the Cheats, let him loose! Hell, even as a rookie at least they used his legs on some key 3rd downs. No need to be THAT conservative. Though wIth a good D, it is sound ro be more conservative than what most fans want, but let Allen be free in there. He's clutch, use him!

It's interesting to me the difference in resolution angry people have after a loss to the Pats.  I'm as pissed as anyone, but don't think anyone should lose their jobs or be cut.  The coaching just needs to be better.  The defensive players executed the plays called, which weren't enough blitzes.  The offense ran the 11 formation inside runs, which became obvious.

We need to get better at RT as Ford got abused.  I really think a player like Hooper makes a big difference in this game on offense.  A dominant DE would have been nice as well, but we can't all have everything we want.

Daboll has not gotten the most out of this offense.  His play calls have been predictable for long stretches, vanilla and then baffling.  There is a reason he has bounced around.  Seven jobs in 10 years.  His NFL record as a OC is putrid.  They rank in the bottom of the league.  He needs to go.  McD has to see that.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

If Allen hits those two touchdowns this thread isn’t here. 

The Patriots pass defense on average is allowing:

170.3 YPG

5.2 YPA

0.7 passing TDs per game

57.4 passer rating

Allen already did substantially better than each of those averages. If he had hit those 2 TDs on top of everything else he did, he would have had:

234 yards

9.0 YPA

4 passing TDs

127.2 passer rating

Do you think maybe your expectations are a little bit high?

The Patriots allow an average of 13 points to their opponents this year. In a game where our QB played well above their season average, we scored a mere 4 points more than their average. You don't think Daboll has anything to do with that?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

170.3 YPG

5.2 YPA

0.7 passing TDs per game

57.4 passer rating

Allen already did substantially better than each of those averages. If he had hit those 2 TDs on top of everything else he did, he would have had:

234 yards

9.0 YPA

4 passing TDs

127.2 passer rating

I at the same time agree, the opposing D (and coaches...) matter, his stats were good,  but he threw 2 TDs, not 4. I'm a HUGE Josh supporter, and certainly remain one. But yesterday he WAS dreadfully inaccurate in the 1st half until that beautiful pass to Knox. But, besides a couple of sacks, he was never confused in there, he made all the right decisions, he just wasn't accurate. But even for him that was a bad stretch, so it is positive regardless, as it will rarely happen to that extent.

I hate that his "haters" will use that 1st half as "proof" he sucks with all else he did! But no doubt it is frustrating, but I'll take that over Tyrod's extreme conservatism, guys throwing picks, QBs that can only dink & dunk, etc. Do I wish he'd not waste so many open guys? Of course! But overall his game is sound already. He's a superstar in the making and so called Bills fans vomiting all over him are so annoying.

19 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I am NOT on the fire Daboll bandwagon. But I do am baffled by the lack of screens, no TE involved in short passes (and very few to RBs too), of NOT at times tossing the ball to Singletarry instead of so often running up the gut, etc. Basically. the overall picture is good, and I do think he's using the players well, but some things are mind scratchers!

IDK if it's him or McD putting the stoppers on Josh, but he's no rookie anymore, has thrown very little picks since that dreadful first game against the Cheats, let him loose! Hell, even as a rookie at least they used his legs on some key 3rd downs. No need to be THAT conservative. Though wIth a good D, it is sound ro be more conservative than what most fans want, but let Allen be free in there. He's clutch, use him!

Do you know his record as a OC?  Offense rankings Cleveland 32nd and 29th,  Miami 22nd,  KC 24th and last year 30th.  Not a stellar record. 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

170.3 YPG

5.2 YPA

0.7 passing TDs per game

57.4 passer rating

234 yards

9.0 YPA

4 passing TDs

127.2 passer rating

The Patriots allow an average of 13 points to their opponents this year. In a game where our QB played well above their season average, we scored a mere 4 points more than their average. You don't think Daboll has anything to do with that?

Ummmm I have mostly supported daboll. 
My point was if Allen hits those two passes to Knox we don’t have pages and pages of daboll needs to go. We lost and there needs to be some whipping boys for the week.  I have defended him quite a bit and he’s a little sketchy at times and stubborn but he’s had this offense in position to win every game minus maybe philly. Daboll and Allen go hand in hand and are not playing well off of each other or making each other look better. Daboll hamstrings Allen with play calling at times and Allen hamstrings dabolls playcalling at times. 

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

170.3 YPG

5.2 YPA

0.7 passing TDs per game

57.4 passer rating

234 yards

9.0 YPA

4 passing TDs

127.2 passer rating

I had no real problem with Josh Allen yesterday.  Play calling seemed to hand cuff the offense.  The offensive line was sub par and any QB would be inaccurate when he can not step into throws.   I thought if the Bills got 20 they would have won but the defense (second in the NFL) was again out coached.  On to NY Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Do you know his record as a OC?  Offense rankings Cleveland 32nd and 29th,  Miami 22nd,  KC 24th and last year 30th.  Not a stellar record. 

...other than his tenure with Mangini in Cleveland, why are his OC gigs all annual, or year stops?.....ability?....regime changes?....victim of circumstance?....anybody??......

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I thought if the Bills got 20 they would have won but the defense (second in the NFL) was again out coached. 

Were they outcoached? IDK why, but they really played a simple, near vanilla defense. It was obviously on purpose but I just don't get it! It was clear as day after a quarter that they needed some blitzes to put some pressure on Brady, who was way too relaxed in there. And since it's an OC thread, the Cheats offensive plays were VERY well designed. I had no damn clue what they were going to do. So much variety, well executed. But back to the Bills, I simply don't understand why they chose to have such a simple game plan on defense!

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

My point was if Allen hits those two passes to Knox we don’t have pages and pages of daboll needs to go.

If Allen had hit both of those throws against that defense with this supporting cast it would have been an unbelievable performance, like Aaron Rodgers in his prime. If we're relying on Allen to hit 4 amazing TD throws against one of the pass defenses in history, something is wrong with the offense. If he had hit those 2 throws it wouldn't excuse Daboll for his awful game plan.

I think our play calling in the run game this year has mostly been terrible. A lot of our big runs are just Singletary making improbable plays or Allen scrambling. Daboll doesn't know how to mix up passes and runs on 1st downs. Earlier in the year it was all passes, now it's all runs. It's like he doesn't understand how to keep defenses off balance. Our short yardage plays have been terrible. Even the 4th and 1 QB sneak yesterday was not a good play, Allen just made it work. We're still running the same predictable QB sweep that hasn't worked since the bye week. Daboll has been bailed out a ton this year. Our offense has no rhythm at all.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1