How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

SF crashed when the defense had all the injuries (Willis never did come back) and couldn't stop anyone.  Roman was fired when we gave up 37 to the Jets in a 37 to 31 loss which I will continue to say he was scape goated for Ryan's defense and the Baltimore story is still being written.  He's already been to a SB and may well go back this year.

Maybe I’m not remembering very well. But his time here was extremely underwhelming. He can’t make adjustments. He has a game plan and that’s it. We screamed at the same predictable run run pass non stop. Baltimore isn’t even running anything special, it’s basically 3 plays with 1000 variations. Either way, we will probably find out better next year. Roman is probably the hottest coordinator this year so he’ll possibly be a head coach next season. And then we’ll find out if his scheme can last. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Are we going to criticize Allen for throwing TDs to open receivers too? Or will we just celebrate those as good plays? I already know the answer, I just want you to lie to me.

You used your 3 TDs as a counterpoint to why he's still a great QB. I'm saying he's a great read-option QB who can make good throws sometimes. Not going to be much better than he already is. And those 3 TDs were not something exemplary.

You assume people are "jealous" and "lying" to you in this thread. I think people are pretty balanced today considering a loss. Why is a Ravens QB the hill that a Bills fan is willing to die on?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He’s a read option QB. There’s not a lot of sustained success in the pros but if you think he’ll be the guy who breaks the mold good on you. I don’t see it myself.

I don’t know if he will or won’t but I’m not going to be stupid and pretend to know for a fact that he’s going to get figured out and be mediocre. People talk about Allen developing as a passer but completely dismiss Lamar doing the same. It’s nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Maybe I’m not remembering very well. But his time here was extremely underwhelming. He can’t make adjustments. He has a game plan and that’s it. We screamed at the same predictable run run pass non stop. Baltimore isn’t even running anything special, it’s basically 3 plays with 1000 variations. Either way, we will probably find out better next year. Roman is probably the hottest coordinator this year so he’ll possibly be a head coach next season. And then we’ll find out if his scheme can last. 

Exactly. I felt like they only run the same few plays. Always throwing to the TE across the middle. 

25 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

And you're clearly the next great defensive coordinator. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

We all missed you Scott. Not really.

I feel like I’ve seen more from @ScottLawtoday than I have in the last month combined. 

he’s feeling it today. Allen has a rough one and the darnold to Anderson combo led the jets to an impressive ONE POINT win vs the fins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

He's right. A playground shovel pass and a blown coverage resulted in touchdowns. You can disagree, but don't say it doesn't make sense. 

Well there's your moral victory. 

And why I said after this game I am done looking for them. The Window is open and with that the Moral victories are meaningless 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

Probably one of the most mediocre 3 TD performances ever. 

He didn't put together any real long drives.

- One of the TDs was after a fumble deep in Bills territory followed by two penalties. And a little flip pass where Poyer left the TE wide open to go after Lamar

- Another TD was to a wide open Hurst that had about 50 YAC yards because Poyer left him uncovered.

- Last one came on a short field too after a 29-yard punt by Bojorquez (he had a lot of really bad punts today) and a 15-yard personal foul penalty on that drive.

That's not trying to downplay how great Lamar Jackson has been this year but today he looked pretty pedestrian. He is really tough to get to and tackle though that's for sure.

Playing well is different than lighting up the fantasy board.  He was playing a great defense and he managed.  We held him in check and that is a win.  He didn't look like an MVP and that is a win.  All that said we've made many QB's look far worse and it's a compliment to say given how good our defense is the fact that I'm saying Lamar played well with his non eye popping numbers is a good thing. It's also a compliment to Lamar when I say he made the plays he had to make to win.  Allen was pretty close and that's a compliment to him also.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I feel like I’ve seen more from @ScottLawtoday than I have in the last month combined. 

he’s feeling it today. Allen has a rough one and the darnold to Anderson combo led the jets to an impressive ONE POINT win vs the fins. 

This. Lotta nancies out today. Shameful.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Jackson just adds another dynamic when he's struggling to throw the ball. The reason the Ravens won the game. 

Allen missed throw after throw in the first half, held the ball too long, and still struggles mightly against the Blitz.

What dynamic did Jackson add today?  The 10 yard pass right down the middle in front of him on blown coverage that went 60 yards for a TD?  That dynamic?  I guess the little school yard flip on 3rd and goal from the 4 yardline was pretty dynamic.  They shouldn't have even been there in the first place.  The other TD was blown coverage but was a good read and pass.  I mean the guy played ok.  Im just tired of all the people acting like he was some superstar and our QB was garbage.  He didn't play any better than  Josh did.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

You used your 3 TDs as a counterpoint to why he's still a great QB. I'm saying he's a great read-option QB who can make good throws sometimes. Not going to be much better than he already is. And those 3 TDs were not something exemplary.

You assume people are "jealous" and "lying" to you in this thread. I think people are pretty balanced today considering a loss. Why is a Ravens QB the hill that a Bills fan is willing to die on?

Saying the book is out on a QB who threw 3 TDs, busted coverage or not, and helped win the game is stupid. 

You think he won’t be much better, fine, you can think that if you want. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t know if he will or won’t but I’m not going to be stupid and pretend to know for a fact that he’s going to get figured out and be mediocre. People talk about Allen developing as a passer but completely dismiss Lamar doing the same. It’s nonsense. 

Lmao he was mediocre today, but people will look @3tds and the qb rating and say MVP caliber...called context ffs

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills will beat them if they meet in the playoffs. I think this game was a benefit to the Bills, win or lose. The Bills needed to play a hot team to measure themselves against. And I think the Bills had more to learn about the Ravens and Jackson, than the other way around.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Saying the book is out on a QB who threw 3 TDs, busted coverage or not, and helped win the game is stupid. 

You think he won’t be much better, fine, you can think that if you want. 

Let's just let time decide. You seem more emotionally invested in Lamar Jackson's success than me. 

28 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

Not the boogie man some made him out to be before the game though.    I thought he played well....and I thought our D contained him well.

Got a LOT of help from his defense, running backs, and our inability to get much down on offense.   You make our offense just a LITTLE bit better and LJ gets put into a position where he has to make a throw to win I think you have a different result.

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Exactly. I felt like they only run the same few plays. Always throwing to the TE across the middle. 

It’s mostly a read option with Lamar and Ingram or whatever back is in. 
Some creative cool screen I’m jealous we can never run lol. 
Then the play action where they toss over the linebackers mostly to tight ends. Earlier in the season they were hitting brown with that same pass for homeruns. 

The trick though is always the offensive line. They are so creative and deceptive at starting the play fooling the defense. Nobody ever knows which way the play is really going

• Like (+1) 1