How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea what? He thoroughly outplayed Allen. 

For values of thoroughly outplayed equating to 48 more yards total offense, 14 yds more rushing on 10 more rushing plays, and 1 additional completed pass

Yes, overall Baltimore outplayed us today but it’s more on their D outplaying our offense than “Lamar thoroughly outplayed Allen”

The difference in the game was that Allen fumbled on a strop sack that Baltimore got a TD out of, we got an INT and couldn’t get points, and we failed to hit a TD in the final minute of the game.  That might be ‘thoroughly outplayed’ in your book but it’s not in mine.

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

You are spot on.  The Bills defense did something that no teams have down over the past 9 games or so.  They showed how you play Lamar and the Baltimore offense.  

To his credit - he was great in the redzone.  But outside of the 1 busted coverage TD, he didn’t so much to impress.  

150 yards passing is hardly MVP level.

Teams are going to watch this tape and defend Lamar the same way.  Baltimore better hope Belichick doesn’t get a second crack

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For values of thoroughly outplayed equating to 48 more yards total offense, 14 yds more rushing on 10 more rushing plays, and 1 additional completed pass

Yes, overall Baltimore outplayed us today but it’s more on their D outplaying our offense than “Lamar thoroughly outplayed Allen”

The difference in the game was that Allen fumbled on a strop sack that Baltimore got a TD out of, we got an INT and couldn’t get points, and we failed to hit a TD in the final minute of the game.  That might be ‘thoroughly outplayed’ in your book but it’s not in mine.

Best summary I've seen. 1 or 2 plays decided this game. 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You are spot on.  The Bills defense did something that no teams have down over the past 9 games or so.  They showed how you play Lamar and the Baltimore offense.  

To his credit - he was great in the redzone.  But outside of the 1 busted coverage TD, he didn’t so much to impress.  

150 yards passing is hardly MVP level.

Teams are going to watch this tape and defend Lamar the same way.  Baltimore better hope Belichick doesn’t get a second crack

Who got 150 yds passing?  139 yds.  145 if you go with gross not net

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Supastah

ss.jpg

He did enough to win and that’s all that matters to his team

Our D today was Wicked Good.  Just Wicked.  That one play that broke for long yardage the only wart.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ll expand... Lamar scores 2 TD’s in the redzone.  Josh scored 1.  That was a difference.  Lamar was better in the redzone

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who got 150 yds passing?  139 yds.  145 if you go with gross not net

He did enough to win and that’s all that matters to his team

Our D today was Wicked Good.  Just Wicked.  

Of course... I would say his team did enough to win today but he played a part in it.  Our D was lights out today.  I know their offense is legit. Now I know for sure our D is legit.  I alrighty thought it was but this made it real.

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

Great at what he's good at, but limited overall. 

Would like to see Allen's map vs Lamar's for the entire season.

I don't think we will get those until the end of season.

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You said ‘he tossed 3 tds’ as evidence why Jackson played well and I’m saying...context matters.

Im saying he made enough to plays to help his team put up points and win a tough game on the road. If someone wants to think the book is out on him because they didn’t put up 40 and steam roll us then fine, I think it’s silly though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

Great at what he's good at, but limited overall. 

Would like to see Allen's map vs Lamar's for the entire season.

This is exactly what I said earlier this week.  The majority of his completions come under 20 yards.    

If you can shut down the run, you have an excellent chance at winning.  Which the Bills did.  The offense let this team down big time

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He did?  You let me know when our line holds the blitz, our TE gets blown coverage right in front of Allen down the middle... our TE not only catches the ball but his 250 yard ass smokes our defense for 50 more yards.  Allen had just as many good plays as Lamar did.  Lamar had just as many bad throws as Josh did.  You let me know when our O can throw the same screen pass 4 different times and have each one go for 10 + yards from behind the los.

Yeah, it seemed like every screen the Bills tried running got snuffed out by the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Of course... I would say his team did enough to win today but he played a part in it.  Our D was lights out today.  I know their offense is legit. Now I know for sure our D is legit.  I alrighty thought it was but this made it real.

I give props to Lamar and their offense.  Absolutely they did enough to win.  He made his 2 TDs in the red zone.  We made one and missed on one.

Our D is totally legit and proved it today.  Our offense came up a handful of plays short.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Im saying he made enough to plays to help his team put up points and win a tough game on the road. If someone wants to think the book is out on him because they didn’t put up 40 and steam roll us then fine, I think it’s silly though. 

Not really.... The Bills held Baltimore well below average in yearly every offensive statistic over the past 9 games.

No other defense has been able to do that.

If you don’t think defensive coordinators will be studying this game film, you’re crazy.  They played better than any defense has in weeks

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Wait you didn’t say this in response to OP?

42 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.