How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

Yep.   His field vision was phenominal, even if his running was shut down...

Agree. He can beat you from the pocket when the RPO and the traditional play action is working. But when you get him into obvious passing 3rd and longs and make him play dropback Quarterback.... you can make him look less than special. 

The Bills D did a good job with one coverage breakdown where the rarest of things happened - there was a communication failure between Hyde and Poyer which almost never happens. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

I don't think he lived up to the hype at all. 3 TDs is nice, but I didn't see the unstoppable force everybody was claiming he was the past 10 days on this board. 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, ToGoGo said:

I don't think he lived up to the hype at all. 3 TDs is nice, but I didn't see the unstoppable force everybody was claiming he was the past 10 days on this board. 

If this was literally the only game you’ve ever seen him play then you’d have a point. He’s been great this year and has helped beat really good teams.

• Like (+1) 1

They run a great scheme. 
Him and Ingram are magic and tricky behind the line.. 

And they are extremely good at sneaking behind the linebackers for open receivers. 
The real credit belongs to their offensive line. 
The line is the first form of deception for them and sets everything else up. 
I personally do think this is a fad similar to a much deadlier wildcat with passes. But I do not think they can run this successful long term. I will give credit where it is due though Lamar is a better passer than I thought he could be. Not just today but all season.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Still feel he's going to flame out within 3 years. He is awful at reading field, going through progressions. One read QB that also has play action as his crutch. 

I agree.

This year will be his greatest year in the league unless he manages to become a better passer.

It's possible, but I think it's more likely that he gets figured out and injuries will also happen.

• Like (+1) 2

If this was literally the only game you’ve ever seen him play then you’d have a point. He’s been great this year and has helped beat really good teams.

People keep saying that to me and it's false. It's the 4th game I've seen, and I don't normally watch 4 games of the Ravens in a typical regular season. 

I stick by it, he's a great read-option QB. He will flame out as teams learn to counteract their deception behind the line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

People keep saying that to me and it's false. It's the 4th game I've seen, and I don't normally watch 4 games of the Ravens in a typical regular season. 

I stick by it, he's a great read-option QB. He will flame out as teams learn to counteract their deception behind the line. 

Whatever you say

9 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

We made him look pretty ordinary.

Someone in the 2nd half thread said he is a great read-option QB, nothing more, and I agree. He looked lost when Andrews went out of the game, and kept throwing to the backup TE who fortunately for them is a good football player. 

Hopefully, the book on him is now out. Don't fall for the ball trickery, set the edge, don't overpursue, and eliminate the TE's. Force him to throw long into tight coverage. 

he led his team to 24 points and the victory. 

Time for us to get there this is the last game I will be looking for Moral Victories in Losses. Our windo is opening

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

They run a great scheme. 
Him and Ingram are magic and tricky behind the line.. 

And they are extremely good at sneaking behind the linebackers for open receivers. 
The real credit belongs to their offensive line. 
The line is the first form of deception for them and sets everything else up. 
I personally do think this is a fad similar to a much deadlier wildcat with passes. But I do not think they can run this successful long term. I will give credit where it is due though Lamar is a better passer than I thought he could be. Not just today but all season.

To expound on what you've already said, this is the offense that took Kaepernick to the SB, Tyrod Taylor to the Pro Bowl 2 years in a row and now is setting all kinds of rushing and scoring records in Baltimore.  It is most definitely sustainable.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

To expound on what you've already said, this is the offense that took Kaepernick to the SB, Tyrod Taylor to the Pro Bowl 2 years in a row and now is setting all kinds of rushing and scoring records in Baltimore.  It is most definitely sustainable.

Then why has Roman been ran out of every job he’s had? He has a great playbook but he quickly runs out of options to expand it.