The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't think the dems truly want to have witnesses. Whether they have them or not Trump is going to be acquitted. They want to be able to claim that the repubs voted against witnesses because they had something to hide. It's become their modus operandi just like the DACA deal and immigration reform. If we give them what they want they may just be like the dog that catches the car. Now what do I do? 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Al Gore and Bob in Michigan?

Bob not only wins in the category of "Sore Loser" but the overall category of "Loser". This on top of "Stoner of the Year" and "Lifetime Achievement Award for Best Bathroom Attendant in a Gentleman's Club". 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Bob not only wins in the category of "Sore Loser" but the overall category of "Loser". This on top of "Stoner of the Year" and "Lifetime Achievement Award for Best Bathroom Attendant in a Gentleman's Club". 

Does he get points for knowing how to use bold chars on the interweb

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Henry, Henry, again with the insults.  Can't we all just get along?  I get along with other jerks.

You never answered when I asked if you had been an altar boy.  You know you can get back at those pedos now in NY for what they have done to your psyche.  I will testify that you are ***** up if you'd like.

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yes, I am asking him/you what, in your own personal, non-legal opinion, was his actual motivation.  I don't think the Senators or Managers are listening so I was hoping to just get an honest opinion.

Why does this matter?

Serious question. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If it's 3, and the vote is 50-50 then it fails. 

So it's done.

Oh but I heard on NPR Radio this afternoon that the Managers will ask Roberts to be a tie breaker.

Because, you know, they want to bend the rules.  

If you don’t get to 51 votes, you lose the vote.  Pretty ***** simple for honest minds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Why does this matter?

Serious question. 

The truth is TYTT's take doesn't mean anything either way.  Just looking to exchange thoughts.  I read posts here often and am tempted to weigh in but usually conclude, why bother? 

I have some injury/health issues.  I search for a distraction at times.  Posting gives a decent distraction, lol, as I am a popular punching bag.  I value opinions and the learning but mostly I am trying to get through a bad stretch. 

As an aside, If TYTT gave an answer I didn't like I wouldn't harass the hell out of him for years.

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The truth is TYTT's take doesn't mean anything either way.  Just looking to exchange thoughts.  I read posts here often and am tempted to weigh in but usually conclude, why bother? 

I have some injury/health issues.  I search for a distraction at times.  Posting gives a decent distraction, lol, as I am a popular punching bag.  I value opinions and the learning but mostly I am trying to get through a bad stretch. 

As an aside, If TYTT gave an answer I didn't like I wouldn't harass the hell out of him for years.

That didn’t answer my question.

I will repeat that question. Why does Trump’s motivation matter?

I hope you can clear up your health issues.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...shame on you....Tibs and Busey feel left out................

They don't need any attention from me. They get plenty of that from you guys. :lol:

I was just having a little fun at Bob's expense.

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

That didn’t answer my question.

I will repeat that question. Why does Trump’s motivation matter?

I hope you can clear up your health issues.

I can't, but thank you, sincerely.

Sorry, interpreted your earlier question as, 'why does TYTT's opinion matter to me'. 

Trump's reasons for his actions matter to me.  Corrupt purposes versus honest purposes, that matter to you?

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In 2016 the fear on the left was that Trump would protest if he lost the election, claim it was rigged, and thus do great damage to our transition of power and republic as a whole. 

Once he won, the left immediately cried foul, claimed the election was rigged, and that the incoming President was an active agent of Russia. 

Now, facing another L, the left is going to claim that despite being cleared of their sham charges, Trump is still not proven innocent -- doing untold damage to our republic and the rule of law, not to mention the Senate and House itself. 

Have they no shame? Of course not. They're partisan hacks. 

But where's the outrage from the posters who know better despite not liking Trump? 

Swalwell should brush his teeth with a glock17.  

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Whacko, you are spot on today.  Good one brother!  Kinda getting a bit predictable though.

Aside to DR.  The question you have referenced for about 6 months now that you claim I won't face, has been answered likely a minimum of 15 times now by me to you or to others.  You clearly know that but just as clearly, you don''t agree with or like that answer.  In fact I recall one thread where you asked the same question 10 times in a few pages in spite of me answering it every time.  In addition I quoted the Mueller report and gave you a link that spelled out my views in detail.  You have my answer.  You know that.

If you are being a reasonable, honest person, as you constantly claim, you would consider people may hold opinions that differ from your opinions.  Those opinions may be correct or incorrect.  Is that true Mr Reasonable?  Are people allowed in your mind to think something that is different than you or even incorrect or must you continue to badger them until they agree with your take? 

You continue to try to claim you are just innocently trying to help educate when that stopped ages ago.  You are clearly simply harassing and not trying to help anything or anyone but your own ego. 

Bob, you can always disagree with me.  You'd be wrong but that's okay.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

I can't, but thank you, sincerely.

Sorry, interpreted your earlier question as, 'why does TYTT's opinion matter to me'. 

Trump's reasons for his actions matter to me.  Corrupt purposes versus honest purposes, that matter to you?

I think Dershowitz gave a pretty fair explanation of motivation when he spoke about mixed motivations.  That Trump is possibly motivated by both what's in the public interest (pursuing politicians that use their office to enrich themselves or their families) and for reasons of personal gain (Biden being a possible competitor).  The house certainly hasn't proved their case that it was only for personal gain.  The house managers are also going out of their way to dismiss any relevance of the Bidens even with the evidence of their guilt right in front of their noses (and our noses).  The house managers are simply wrong on both of these.  Trump easily has public interest motivation into investigating the bidens and the Bidens have easily provided ample evidence that it should be pursued, all in the interest of saying no more bull#### like this to Ukraine with other people's money. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why didn't @Tiberius post this?  He's all over the news cycle, scouring the interwebs for truth.  It is hard to find men like him in this world.  Men of such integrity and character.

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Thanks man. 

Anytime.  

Edited by CoudyBills

As a non citizen of the USA I should not have a take on these proceedings but I will take the liberty of 1 comment. 

When did elected government officials, and many appointed officials become only loyal to a fukkin political party and not their country. The US is not far from a coup and dictatorship. The polarization from AK 47 carrying citizens, extreme  open the borders and hug the world liberals, cops trained as special forces driving tanks vs minority groups, news shows who long ago gave up being neutral for the entertainment value and $$$ reporting on people who have not told the truth in their life. What use to be spin is now fake news and open lies. 

The pride and strength of a great nation who once talked down the Berlin wall now parties with communist leaders and praises dictators and shiiits on your friends.

This whole process feels more like the Kremlin than the Hill.

Again I am not a US citizen and post this with the greatest respect to my many US friends.

• Like (+1) 4