The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

7 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

As a non citizen of the USA I should not have a take on these proceedings but I will take the liberty of 1 comment. 

When did elected government officials, and many appointed officials become only loyal to a fukkin political party and not their country. The US is not far from a coup and dictatorship. The polarization from AK 47 carrying citizens, extreme  open the borders and hug the world liberals, cops trained as special forces driving tanks vs minority groups, news shows who long ago gave up being neutral for the entertainment value and $$$ reporting on people who have not told the truth in their life. What use to be spin is now fake news and open lies. 

The pride and strength of a great nation who once talked down the Berlin wall now parties with communist leaders and praises dictators and shiiits on your friends.

This whole process feels more like the Kremlin than the Hill.

Again I am not a US citizen and post this with the greatest respect to my many US friends.

Help us!     lol   

Not a bad take but I suspect it may not be popular here.  You are lucky most are watching the Senate hearings.  You may even learn some new insult words. 

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

As a non citizen of the USA I should not have a take on these proceedings but I will take the liberty of 1 comment. 

When did elected government officials, and many appointed officials become only loyal to a fukkin political party and not their country. The US is not far from a coup and dictatorship. The polarization from AK 47 carrying citizens, extreme  open the borders and hug the world liberals, cops trained as special forces driving tanks vs minority groups, news shows who long ago gave up being neutral for the entertainment value and $$$ reporting on people who have not told the truth in their life. What use to be spin is now fake news and open lies. 

The pride and strength of a great nation who once talked down the Berlin wall now parties with communist leaders and praises dictators and shiiits on your friends.

This whole process feels more like the Kremlin than the Hill.

Again I am not a US citizen and post this with the greatest respect to my many US friends.

Dude, how uninformed are you?

AR 15 not AK 47.  Hahaha, I generally agree with the most of the rest.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Hey, that's right.  What happened to Row33? 

Hey NiagaraBill, you're from Canada, right?  Have you seen our missing Russian-Canadian poster Row33?  He says he lives in Canada too. 

Bet he went sturgeon fishing again.

In January?

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In 2016 the fear on the left was that Trump would protest if he lost the election, claim it was rigged, and thus do great damage to our transition of power and republic as a whole. 

Once he won, the left immediately cried foul, claimed the election was rigged, and that the incoming President was an active agent of Russia. 

Now, facing another L, the left is going to claim that despite being cleared of their sham charges, Trump is still not proven innocent -- doing untold damage to our republic and the rule of law, not to mention the Senate and House itself. 

Have they no shame? Of course not. They're partisan hacks. 

But where's the outrage from the posters who know better despite not liking Trump? 

There is no doubt that Swallowswell needs medical attention.

But is there a doc qualified enough to handle that high of a mental disorder?

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

The truth is TYTT's take doesn't mean anything either way.  Just looking to exchange thoughts.  I read posts here often and am tempted to weigh in but usually conclude, why bother? 

I have some injury/health issues.  I search for a distraction at times.  Posting gives a decent distraction, lol, as I am a popular punching bag.  I value opinions and the learning but mostly I am trying to get through a bad stretch. 

As an aside, If TYTT gave an answer I didn't like I wouldn't harass the hell out of him for years.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough go of it.

You should come over to the MAGA side. Like they say, winning cures everything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Maybe if we could see the emails and texts that went back and forth from the involved parties, that might help to determine what was actually the scheme.  Maybe witnesses could help clarify the scheme.

It is funny when a poster spends hundreds of words explaining why they are unable to answer a question when that answer would likely be under 10 characters.

Address my points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Trump's reasons for his actions matter to me.  Corrupt purposes versus honest purposes, that matter to you?

Trump’s reasons are what they are. Whatever he says his motives were, I think people will interpret them and make conclusions according to their own personal biases. You said yourself that you want to know whether he had honest or corrupt purposes. The truth isn’t so binary.  And for this reason the motives are not material. 

Ask yourself honestly whether the President should be removed on such a thin pretext whereby you or anyone else can disagree over an interpretation of the President’s motives. 

Ask yourself whether Biden shouldn’t be investigated for corruption merely because he declared his candidacy for President. It didn’t stop anyone from questioning whether Trump was “pure” in 2016 and beyond. 

@keepthefaith already nearly summarized the other main reasons why mixed motives are a dangerous thing when impeaching a President. Are you going to have a test about what motives were more or less influential? 

Let the voters decide in November. 

Edited by snafu
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Democrats are losing their minds over the supposed acquittal.

Gee that’s a fvicking shock.

He was never not going to be acquitted.  Democrats win either way as it looks to the casual follower of politics who read the headlines will conclude that the Republicans were afraid to call witnesses.  They now have their political ads ready to go for the purple state Senators up for reelection.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

This entire process from September until now has been aggravating in so many ways.

Just when you think one party or the other, or one branch or another might lift themselves up out of the muck they never fail to disappoint. Just when you think the gubm’t “lifers” would get off their high horse and stop #resisting, they clutch their pearls again and again. These are the people who run our country, holy crap!  And an impartial press is long gone — never to return.  And then the fukkin Twitter experts playing gotcha all day. Can I just slit my wrists now?

Can’t wait for the acquittal and then the meltdown.  Oh, and then the SOTU on Tuesday.  That should be “fun” while Trump goes into Congress and shamelessly gloats for two hours in front of all the second rate losers. 

None of this is breaking news, I know.

/rant.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He was never not going to be acquitted.  Democrats win either way as it looks to the casual follower of politics who read the headlines will conclude that the Republicans were afraid to call witnesses.  They now have their political ads ready to go for the purple state Senators up for reelection.

Doc,

Do you believe their plan was to corner the Senate all along, or do you believe the Democrats just bumbled into a political win?

I think they bumbled and took advantage as best they could.  If so, good for them. There’s a lot that’s going to happen between now and November. They’ve got a weak field of Presidential candidates and a good economy as headwinds.  They need all the help they can get.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We will know the winner of this fiasco at the ballot box.

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

This entire process from September until now has been aggravating in so many ways.

Just when you think one party or the other, or one branch or another might lift themselves up out of the muck they never fail to disappoint. Just when you think the gubm’t “lifers” would get off their high horse and stop #resisting, they clutch their pearls again and again. These are the people who run our country, holy crap!  And an impartial press is long gone — never to return.  And then the fukkin Twitter experts playing gotcha all day. Can I just slit my wrists now?

Can’t wait for the acquittal and then the meltdown.  Oh, and then the SOTU on Tuesday.  That should be “fun” while Trump goes into Congress and shamelessly gloats for two hours in front of all the second rate losers. 

None of this is breaking news, I know.

/rant.

Tuesday might be the highest rated SOTU ever.

• Like (+1) 3

Anybody with a brain in their heads knows the Democrats don’t want witnesses.

They would rather cry the crocodile tears when they are denied witnesses and would rather get out in front of the camera and cry like a wife who isn’t getting laid.

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Doc,

Do you believe their plan was to corner the Senate all along, or do you believe the Democrats just bumbled into a political win?

I think they bumbled and took advantage as best they could.  If so, good for them. There’s a lot that’s going to happen between now and November. They’ve got a weak field of Presidential candidates and a good economy as headwinds.  They need all the help they can get.

If Bolton appears on a tv show tomorrow morning then it was definitely a planned hit job.  If not, I'm not sure as Bolton's reputation makes him difficult to read.  They do have a weak field of candidates but the one advantage the nominee will have is a "bring decency back to the White House" that Bush Jr. ran on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Anybody with a brain in their heads knows the Democrats don’t want witnesses.

They would rather cry the crocodile tears when they are denied witnesses and would rather get out in front of the camera and cry like a wife who isn’t getting laid.

So flip the script and approve witnesses.  It would be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1