Jump to content
Virgil

December Mood

Recommended Posts

I have to say, I’m loving Thursday night games.  I’ve never thought that before.  That win lets me watch football on the first Sunday in December, not anxiously watching the scoreboards, stressing about tie breakers, and just overall relax through the games. 
 

It’s December and WE are in control of our playoff destiny.  The Bills get extra days to rest, watch their upcoming opponent, and really only need to win 1 of their next 4.  They could easily be in a situation to bench their starters in week 17. 
 

The only real annoyance is that the division is almost completely out of reach.  ***** the Pats. 
 

Overall, these are all things I haven’t felt in 20+ years.  It’s nice.  I hope you are all enjoying it too 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems surreal, right? 
 

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE TWILIGHT ZONE, WHERE BUFFALO ACTUALLY HAS A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM! 

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to watch NFL today and seeing the Bills logo under “ wildcard “ instead of “ in the hunt” . Sure , the division would be nice , so yeah it kinda sucks being in the AFCE. Still, very good to see, and a nice change that all Bills fans could get used to. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope this injury bug bites NE and they drop two before playing us cause Texans and chiefs aren’t pushovers. If we can magically pull out a W next weekend we would be set up to take the mantle. Probably won’t happen but OMFG it’s not an implausible thought this December!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It raining/sleeting and miserable here. I'm still in my pajamas, just played monopoly for 2 hours with the wife and kids, just cracked my first beer and couldn't be happier that I have a stress free football day and I dont have to go out in the mess to watch the Bills. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically at this point I’d be busy watching more college football and getting a feel for who will be draft eligible. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like we're playing with house money. We knew going into the stretch that we had to win at least one of the next four, and now we've beaten one of the harder ones on the schedule and we just need one out of 4 to punch our ticket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one of the most enjoyable NFL Sundays in a long time.  Basking in a win, watching other teams get knocked out of realistic playoff contention, and knowing that we can afford multiple losses the rest of the way and still stroll in.  This is a luxury we haven't experienced in 20+ years.  

 

Now let's get it done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It feels like we're playing with house money. We knew going into the stretch that we had to win at least one of the next four, and now we've beaten one of the harder ones on the schedule and we just need one out of 4 to punch our ticket. 

I'd rather see us win them all and let the PATS play wild card!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It feels like we're playing with house money. We knew going into the stretch that we had to win at least one of the next four, and now we've beaten one of the harder ones on the schedule and we just need one out of 4 to punch our ticket. 

Nope!

This is a team that just got its first taste of what Greatness can feel like...... and they like it. 

They want to kill Baltimore. I’m sure of it. 

They want to win every game💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Nope!

This is a team that just got its first taste of what Greatness can feel like...... and they like it. 

They want to kill Baltimore. I’m sure of it. 

They want to win every game💪

 

My post may have missed the mark. I don't at all mean that we shouldn't try, but rather that the extreme worry that is normal when we're "in the hunt" is not there- from the fan perspective. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nice to watch NFL today and seeing the Bills logo under “ wildcard “ instead of “ in the hunt” . Sure , the division would be nice , so yeah it kinda sucks being in the AFCE. Still, very good to see, and a nice change that all Bills fans could get used to. 

 

Well, you know we're Bills fans, if they have a crappy game or two over the next few weeks we'll be standing on the ledge again and there will be multiple TBD posts about who the best QB is in the draft.

 

But for now, I will enjoy the euphoria. Its been 20 years since we've had this kind of excitement and confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Virgil said:

 

The only real annoyance is that the division is almost completely out of reach.  ***** the Pats. 

The division is definitely not out of reach...The Pat could easily lose to KC next week. And if the Bills go unbeaten, then they do control their own destiny.  Houston opened the doors a little today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Nice to watch NFL today and seeing the Bills logo under “ wildcard “ instead of “ in the hunt” . Sure , the division would be nice , so yeah it kinda sucks being in the AFCE. Still, very good to see, and a nice change that all Bills fans could get used to. 

 

Is there no way the Bills can pull out the east ? The Pats are now 10/3 if the Bills win this week they will also be 10/3 & the Ravens beat the Pats so wouldn't that stand for something ? 

 

I really don't get the placement of teams in the race because there are teams that have worse records than the Bills yet they are in the play offs & we are just wild card contenders, i guess that's why i'm just a casual fan !! 

 

But i am glad the Bills sit where they are & for once we have a chance to go to the play offs & not have to wait to see if another team can put us there .

Edited by T master

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are ways they can win it, but it’s not entirely in the Bills control. They would need help from other teams that are playing NE down the stretch. Division winners automatically make the playoffs, so it’s possible teams with better records in other divisions could miss out. The NFL emphasizes the importance of division play, so that’s a problem for the Bills in the AFCE with NE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T master said:

 

Is there no way the Bills can pull out the east ? The Pats are now 10/3 if the Bills win this week they will also be 10/3 & the Ravens beat the Pats so wouldn't that stand for something ? 

 

I really don't get the placement of teams in the race because there are teams that have worse records than the Bills yet they are in the play offs & we are just wild card contenders, i guess that's why i'm just a casual fan !! 

 

But i am glad the Bills sit where they are & for once we have a chance to go to the play offs & not have to wait to see if another team can put us there .

It is possible...it just depends on how good we really are, and if the Patriots are truly on the mat, and not getting back up.

 

Bills schedule:  Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, at New England, NY Jets

Pats schedule: Kansas City, at Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami

 

On paper, anyways, they have an easier remaining schedule. For us to win the east, we would almost have to go 13-3.  We have to do our part, and hope to god KC knocks them off.  I don't see them losing to Cincinnati or Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that there's even a POSSIBILITY that the Bills could clinch the Playoffs in week fourteen is so foreign, I can barely comprehend it. 

 

For years and years we've gone into December talking about what needed to happen to snag a wildcard because we were "in the hunt"

 

This year, we're having that same conversation, but it's in regards to the division. Postseason is all but guaranteed. Win only of these four and A LOT would have to happen to knock us out. Win two out of four and it's a lock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...