13-3 wildcard?

billvernsays

47 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

And the Chiefs the following week as well.  Then if we beat the Ravens which is a long shot, when we face the Patriots in Foxborough another unlikely, then in this rare scenario we would have the better record.  All of these things are TBD, so as several others said, let’s focus on the Ravens at home.  I’m glad at least we’ll be a home with 75,000 crazy Bills fans.  

Lamar better start practicing now the silent count as he’ll never be able to yell out the calls.

I would not call the Bills chances against the Ravens a long shot.  The Ravens will be favored, but I will take the points and the Bills at home every time in this matchup.  Its close to a tossup imho.....

• Like (+1) 1

I'll tell you what - if the Bills somehow find a way to beat the Ravens (even at home) and the Pats away, I couldn't care less who or how they get into the playoffs.

We'd already know we can beat anyone then, and it just comes down to how they play the game.

Right now, even with how the dominated the Cowboys, I'm not confident we're as good a team as the Ravens, at least until their offense is "figured out."

But beat them next week - who cares who we beat in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl, because they will.

I'd see the WC weekend as just one more game we get to watch and enjoy.

3 hours ago, billvernsays said:

Even if we win out and tie with a 13 - 3 record along with the Patriots we’re still going to be at best a 5th seed. Unless the Pats’ other loss is to Cinn or the Dolphins due to win % of common opponents. 

13-3 5th seed seems wrong and It’s very possible it could happen. 

One word for you......FITZMAGIC

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

5-1 on road soooooo...

Need to get that 10th win first but as you pointed out, our away record bodes very well for a potential playoff run...KC and Houston are looking vulnerable after we manhandled the Cowboys' #1 offense and a legit MVP candidate in Dak.

REALLY wouldn't mind it if the Titans stayed hot and won that division either...a playoff game in Nashville might as well be a home game in Buffalo. Imagine the legions of BillsMafia that would travel to see us get some revenge/closure for the Music City Miracle  (Robbery). ?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I would rather beat them in round 2 of the playoffs than best them for the division. 

Agreed!  We beat the Texans in first round,  then goto NE and win in Divisional round,  then beat Ravens in Conf Championship.  Lets goooooooooooooooooooooooo

I actually am preferring the road Underdog role. It suits us well and "they" always say...defense travels well.....defense wins road playoff games.....the elements will not affect us regardless of where we play at

..... who's with me?

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I actually am preferring the road Underdog role. It suits us well and "they" always say...defense travels well.....defense wins road playoff games.....the elements will not affect us regardless of where we play at

..... who's with me?

I think we match up VERY well against the Chiefs.  I think we would crush them.  

7 hours ago, billvernsays said:

Even if we win out and tie with a 13 - 3 record along with the Patriots we’re still going to be at best a 5th seed. Unless the Pats’ other loss is to Cinn or the Dolphins due to win % of common opponents. 

Gettin ahead of yourself a bit there.

Lets beat Baltimore. I really don’t care much if the Bills are a 13-3 five seed or a 10-6 five seed as long as they’re playing good football when the playoffs start. 

7 hours ago, billvernsays said:

There's a reason The Red Rifile is starting again boys.....

When's the last time we won the division 95'? I'm thinking he wants 24 dollar donations to that charity of his.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1