How is your family going to handle Thanksgiving?

stevestojan

No football for me.  Family coming in from out of town. Four generations in one room. No way I’m going to be able to get free. 

I am happy to spend my day with my daughter, SIL, and granddaughter. It’s the MIL and FIL I can do without. Did I mention that they are Fox News junkies?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Flew up with my wife on Sat for the Broncos game. Left on a flight back to our place in VA after the game tonight with my parents who are both on their 80s. Thankfully, they are both doing ok but air travel is a little much so accompany them when flight travel is necessary.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year so they will be staying a week with us for the festivities. A bunch of our extended family is traveling from about 5 different states to our place for Thanksgiving.

All are not Bills fans but since we are hosting this year, dinner will start at 2 so we can watch the game...dessert at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

No football for me.  Family coming in from out of town. Four generations in one room. No way I’m going to be able to get free. 

I am happy to spend my day with my daughter, SIL, and granddaughter. It’s the MIL and FIL I can do without. Did I mention that they are Fox News junkies?

Put the TV on the Cooking Channel and hide the remote in another room. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Driving 14 miles away to my inlaws (just like the last 31 years) having a Thanksgiving lunch with Turkey with the works. Then driving home to set the DVR. Afterward headed over to my parents for second dinner and second dessert and coffee while catching the game. Only change this year is at some point we will have to vid chat with one of my kids that cannot be with us. 

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Put the TV on the Cooking Channel and hide the remote in another room. 

I imagine my wife and daughter will decree that the TV shall be off, unless it’s needed to calm down an antsy four year old with a Disney movie or something.  

I may may be able to sneak some viewing on my phone or iPad while doing dishes, which is a win-win. I get to watch the game while avoiding my in-laws, and I don’t mind doing dishes. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Everyone comes to our house on Thanksgiving. I'm a Bills fan and my gf is a Cowboys fan. One of us will be having humble pie for dessert.  

glad to see you’re marrying into cash. 

32 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Pretty much like this. 

Was that a gun? 

Living in Minneapolis and having all of my Buffalo family in town for TG, we are serving non traditional bird.

Buffalo fare on the menu Wings, homemade fries and beef on weck.  Various apps and desserts.

Looking forward to a great day!

• Like (+1) 1