Do you have children?

John Adams

Do you have children?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have children?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And these impeachment hearings and all these accusations are NOT all about holding our current President accountable??  

Have you heard about this whole 3 year long coup?  Geez, listen to 2 minutes of right spokesperson Hannity rant about this illegitimate, Schiff Anti Trump, unconstitutional, illegal, Dem inspired, Clinton sponsored, Soros bought and paid for, Soviet style, Star Chamber, super secret, unAmerican hearings.

Yes, it is an attempt made by the Dems to hold a President accountable the whole while fighting daily lie storms from the enablers on the right.  Please don't imply the Repubs deserve any credit yet for trying to hold Trump accountable.  If you think otherwise, who is leading that Republican effort to hold the Pres accountable ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Have you heard about this whole 3 year long coup?  Geez, listen to 2 minutes of right spokesperson Hannity rant about this illegitimate, Schiff Anti Trump, unconstitutional, illegal, Dem inspired, Clinton sponsored, Soros bought and paid for, Soviet style, Star Chamber, super secret, unAmerican hearings.

Yes, it is an attempt made by the Dems to hold a President accountable the whole while fighting daily lie storms from the enablers on the right.  Please don't imply the Repubs deserve any credit yet for trying to hold Trump accountable.  If you think otherwise, who is leading that Republican effort to hold the Pres accountable ?

Wouldn't you be a whole lot happier calling into NPR where like minded seals will clap to all your nonsense?

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Putin, the Turkish clown and even Kim was made to bash Biden 

Please. They’d all love Joe to be president. Just like they would’ve loved Hillary to be president. More do-nothing foreign policies that give our money away and have it funneled back to them.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Wouldn't you be a whole lot happier calling into NPR where like minded seals will clap to all your nonsense?

Rob, you can get one of those NPR mugs for a sustainer contribution of just $10 per month.  People, seeing you holding the mug, might get fooled into thinking you were bright or insightful or even in some small way, useful.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Rob, you can get one of those NPR mugs for a sustainer contribution of just $10 per month.  People, seeing you holding the mug, might get fooled into thinking you were bright or insightful or even in some small way, useful.

You don't spend that much per month on hygiene such as toothpaste, soap, deodorant, etc. so 10 bucks per month on NPR is truly a bridge too far for you.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

You don't spend that much per month on hygiene such as toothpaste, soap, deodorant, etc. so 10 bucks per month on NPR is truly a bridge too far for you.

Either answer is certainly right but just curious, do you post here to discuss the topics or do you prefer getting into insult exchanges?

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Either answer is certainly right but just curious, do you post here to discuss the topics or do you prefer getting into insult exchanges?

I discuss the topics at great length and you would see that if you took your blinders off.  I have other things going on in life being a middle aged working person so it is not always possible to be up to the minute such as last week with the "hearings."  By the way I contribute on the other major boards here such as TSW.  How about you?  Did you enjoy the win yesterday or are you unaware that this is a board for a NFL team?

Great win yesterday and the Sabres topped it off with a fine win too. I split season tix but yesterday was a stay home game day for us.   It is fun being so concerned with the wildcard race and the other AFC games so late in the year.  Typically we are eying draft position by now.  Good common ground. 

It was a sincere question and, not to seem too controlling, I think either reason is fine.  We all post for different reasons.  I just have rarely been able to ignore your insults long enough to get into any issue I guess.  That is certainly on me too as when posting, my health (pain) issues are generally flaring.  As you may or may not know, personal patience can sometimes suffer during such times.  My apologies

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Pot eliminates the need for chemical laden toothpaste which has been pushed by big pharma.  Pot prevents cavities because cavities are a disease.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

I am inclined to think it's higher than 1/3 of the most vocal posters here don't have kids.

It is good to have a safe place for childless white dudes. 

meow

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

I am inclined to think it's higher than 1/3 of the most vocal posters here don't have kids.

I'm guessing your mom's abortion didn't work?

But she's still so proud of you!!!

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

What does this mean?  What’s your point seeing you’re referring to me and others like me? 

On 12/1/2019 at 9:28 AM, Chef Jim said:

What does this mean?  What’s your point seeing you’re referring to me and others like me? 

Just noting a highly represented demographic here. More than would be most places. This is the community you built!

I support your safe space.  

Edited by John Adams

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I looked everywhere in that article for a mention of China or India and couldn't find them mentioned. One would presume that they would need to be at the heart of any effective carbon emission reduction. That is, if they are being genuine.

Oh, that's the point I was making before, if we develop cheaper better energy we will be more competitive and the others will have to

follow. Glad we agree on getting change done 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, that's the point I was making before, if we develop cheaper better energy we will be more competitive and the others will have to

Even if you were correct it would take too long to convert over to wind and solar energy to make a difference. Maybe, just maybe if we got all of the other countries to reject the Paris Climate agreement like we did and reduce carbon emissions like we have there's a chance, however slim, that we can save the world. Frack baby, frack.

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Even if you were correct it would take too long to convert over to wind and solar energy to make a difference. Maybe, just maybe if we got all of the other countries to reject the Paris Climate agreement like we did and reduce carbon emissions like we have there's a chance, however slim, that we can save the world. Frack baby, frack.

Either way we would have to change, might as well get started sooner rather than later, let's be the leader to sell this technology to the world 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Either way we would have to change, might as well get started sooner rather than later, let's be the leader to sell this technology to the world 

Sell what technology? I'd rather sell the rest of the world natural gas so that they could get rid of old coal operated plants. We reduced our carbon emission by 20% over the last decade or so, let them follow our example.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sell what technology? I'd rather sell the rest of the world natural gas so that they could get rid of old coal operated plants. We reduced our carbon emission by 20% over the last decade or so, let them follow our example.

Green energy is even cleaner, requires less--much less--cost in transportation, refining, mining and all that. What's wrong with cheaper? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Green energy is even cleaner, requires less--much less--cost in transportation, refining, mining and all that. What's wrong with cheaper? 

We only have about a decade before the world ends if we don't do something. Let's go with the tried and true methods to save our existence. We can tilt at windmills later.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, John Adams said:

Just curious if that affects the way you vote. 

On 12/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, John Adams said:

8 hours ago, John Adams said:

Just noting a highly represented demographic here. More than would be most places. This is the community you built!

I support your safe space.  

So you weren't "just curious" if that affects anyone's vote.

It is a loaded question for you to rag on people with no children?

I never answered your "poll" because I figured it was B.S. and frankly none of your business. 

I was taught not to ask someone whether he or she is married or has kids or what they do for a living before I got to speak with and get to know them without my preconceived notions getting in the way.  It was good advice given to me -- you should try to take it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I was taught not to ask someone whether he or she is married or has kids or what they do for a living before I got to speak with and get to know them without my preconceived notions getting in the way.  It was good advice given to me -- you should try to take it.

liberals love to be rude when their flesh isn’t in the game 

and they scream like the biggest ***** when it’s turned on them

20 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Once again, someone who is not a conservative referencing the color of someone's skin.

So weird.

Lefty is a pathology unless someone is just raking in $$$ in a posture

Edited by row_33

48 minutes ago, snafu said:

So you weren't "just curious" if that affects anyone's vote.

It is a loaded question for you to rag on people with no children?

No, I was curious. 

The "ragging" as you put it started once the tone turned. Jim is an old guy and when I give him a hard time it gets his heart rate up. 

48 minutes ago, snafu said:

I never answered your "poll" because I figured it was B.S. and frankly none of your business. 

And you didn't answer and I don't care that you didn't. Your "business" remains your own.

48 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Once again, someone who is not a conservative referencing the color of someone's skin.

So weird.

Just pointing out the local demographic. One woman. No one of color that has ever mentioned it besides Magox, who is one of the highest quality posters here, but has long since abandoned this place. 

A high % of childless white dudes. I am curious how that informs people's decisions at the polls. 

Of course people's life demographics inform their decisions. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

China realizes like many of those during the Gold Rush realize that the most money is not made in mining for gold but for selling the idiots the picks and shovels to find the gold.  

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Cheaper??  Last week it was free.  What happened??

12 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Jim is an old guy and when I give him a hard time it gets his heart rate up. 

Oh yeah you got me and got me good.  Good job there JA.  

On 12/1/2019 at 3:58 AM, John Adams said:

For the record I and my wife have 3 all in their 20's.  How did this thread take a turn towards race?