Sign in to follow this  
BobBelcher

Anyone else think Bills will dominate on Sunday?

39 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Anyone who's calling for a QB change now had beef when he was picked, period.

Don't need a QB change but how about calling plays that fit his strength. Let him use his legs to his advantage. The faster they let him loose and see what they have the better. His short game may have gotten better but his playmaking ability and long ball have regressed. IMO Allen will never be a great pocket passer. He makes his best plays when he rolls out of the pocket and making plays on the run. 

I could see it going like the Giants game where it will look like we will cruise to victory at some point in the second quarter. But then in the fourth the Dolphins will cut it to six or seven points.

19 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I hope they come out in desperation mode like the Browns and Eagles did against us. 

This is actually a really important game W we much get if we are legit to make the playoffs. 

Let's see what Bills team show's up.  I see this being a close game and redemption for Haush $$$  21-27 Bills!

...well, we're gonna play "fearless" right?.....no Dickey Jauron "fearful not to lose" ball.....so no slow run D start from Frazier's gang, surrendering 100 yds early..........no cutesy crap from Dabumble as in challenging Fins' 30th ranked run defense or 3rd quarter lethargy.....high level clock management and challenge flags discretion....we should be in good shape....see y'all at 4:05 on Sunday......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Anyone who's calling for a QB change now had beef when he was picked, period.

100% agree.

In fact, Josh Allen is ahead of schedule IMO. Still a lot to improve on. Mainly need more consistency out of him. But I really like what I have seen from him so far. He was the biggest project coming out of the draft but so far he's held his own among his peers. Arguably the second best QB from his draft class. 

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...well, we're gonna play "fearless" right?.....no Dickey Jauron "fearful not to lose" ball.....so no slow run D start from Frazier's gang, surrendering 100 yds early..........no cutesy crap from Dabumble as in challenging Fins' 30th ranked run defense or 3rd quarter lethargy.....high level clock management and challenge flags discretion....we should be in good shape....see y'all at 4:05 on Sunday......

no-fear-no-limits-no-excuses-motivation-

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

This game won't mean anything in the eyes of the media if we win. We need to take 2 of 3 from the following:  Dallas, Baltimore, or the Pats to gain any recognition and credibility.  Beating the Fins just fuels the same narrative we've heard all year.

True. I think the Bills win the next two then win 1 of the four ‘hard games’. I want it to be Dallas so Thanksgiving is more peaceful. Then the Bills beat the Jets and get into the playoffs with the 5th seed.  I don’t really think the media is off base not believing in the Bills yet. Buffalo is still searching for a signature win. The good news is they will have plenty of opportunities to get that win.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

True. I think the Bills win the next two then win 1 of the four ‘hard games’. I want it to be Dallas so Thanksgiving is more peaceful. Then the Bills beat the Jets and get into the playoffs with the 5th seed.  I don’t really think the media is off base not believing in the Bills yet. Buffalo is still searching for a signature win. The good news is they will have plenty of opportunities to get that win.

Would make the day and weekend so much more enjoyable. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

...um ok...got my rosary beads, Bourbon, Depends and popcorn ready.....:thumbsup:.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Would make the day and weekend so much more enjoyable. 

I’m hoping that turns out to be like the Atlanta game a few years ago where Buffalo went on the road and made plays to steal a win.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...um ok...got my rosary beads, Bourbon, Depends and popcorn ready.....:thumbsup:.

jaded and waiting for the other shoe to drop

15 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I know you disagree but I think it's a smart way to bring up Allen imo. You have to remember though the HC isn't in charge of the offense, that's the OC, so wouldn't it be OC Brian Daboll who is too conservative or did you mean in general with his on the field game management?

I'm not seeing this approach from other teams that have successfully developed a QB.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

jaded and waiting for the other shoe to drop

....and I fear, "...barefootin'...".....stay tuned......

• Thanks! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and I fear, "...barefootin'...".....stay tuned......

hoping for a good game

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

You forgot:

DEFEND YOUR DIRT

and 

PLAY FEARLESS

(well actually NO FEAR kind of encompasses that last one.  LOL).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

With the exception of the Eagles game, every Bills game has been tight going into the 4th quarter so, no.....I don’t expect the Bills to dominate. They have given us no reason through 9 games to believe that they can dominate a game.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

I just hope McD’s “play with no fear” comments resonate with 5he players and the coaches. 

Play, coach, and game plan “with no fear”.   

Give the dam ball to Singletary, block and run hard, pass downfield without fear, play run defense, kill their QB, take the ball away from them, oh and do something good on special team too.  

As the sting has worn off some I believe the Bills go in extremely focused and win 20-13. This coaching staff doesn’t have a style that will dominate imo.

17 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I just hope McD’s “play with no fear” comments resonate with 5he players and the coaches. 

Play, coach, and game plan “with no fear”.   

Give the dam ball to Singletary, block and run hard, pass downfield without fear, play run defense, kill their QB, take the ball away from them, oh and do something good on special team too.  

Don't forget to wisely conserve clock while being aggressive on offense at the end of the halves too.

No more kneeling and running for the locker room when we could have tried to add 3 or 7.

And go for it more on 4th down.

And know you are going to play that way on 1st down.

• Like (+1) 1

I think a one sided victory is possible.  There are multiple factors in Buffalo's favor.  The wild card is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He can be awful, or he can be really good.  If he's really good, the game will be close.

Here’s my reasoning. Josh Allen and the offense has been productive against weaker defenses, especially defenses deficient of talent.  Dolphins twice last year, Giants this year and heck even moved the ball well against Dolphins this year but started off with 3 field goals not finishing drives. You combine that with a huge sense of urgency and a team that seems to respond well to these situations, and that’s why I believe our offense will be putting up A lot more points than the usual 18 ppg tomorrow.  As I said in the OP, if anything , our defense is the concern in this game especially given how well Fitz was able to move the offense along in the first meeting. I also think them not having Xavien Howard and Mark Walton will be a noticeable loss for them. Walton is not a top tier RB but he sure looked like one against us while Ballage is kind of a one dimensional North-South RB and he’s all they got now. If we STILL can’t stop the run game with just ballage, then yeah, maybe we are going to have a problem, but it’s not going to be a problem with us scoring points. Not this week anyway 

Edited by BobBelcher

6 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think a one sided victory is possible.  There are multiple factors in Buffalo's favor.  The wild card is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He can be awful, or he can be really good.  If he's really good, the game will be close.

Will he be Fitz magic?  Or Fitz tragic?

He played well the first game and I think he'll do it again.

The fact that he has fond memories of his Bills days and feels closer to us than any of his other teams plays a role in it.

I think he sucks it up and puts out his best games against us!

On 11/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, MAJBobby said:

Nope.  I have given up looking for a statement Dominating win.  they AVG 19 points a game they are not going to move too far from that number.

This. We lack the talent to dominate anyone. 

Defense has to produce about 5 turnovers to even have a slight chance to blow anyone out.  Offense needs as many possessions as they can get.