Week 11: Bills at Dolphins - Spread: Bills -6.5

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've been hammering Allen pretty hard this week, but he's still got plenty of time to silence the doubters. 

This would be a great time to start.

My hope is that Cleveland game is going to shake things up offensively; you can't "fake" aggressive. You can't try to micromanage a QB who's biggest asset going forward will be big plays provided he takes a step forward.

Yes, they passed 41 times, but I think it's time for the OC to take a step back and let the kid do what he's gonna do. It's my view that Allen is going to thrive when he's not playing scared. It's sports psychology 101. They've essentially asked him NOT to make mistakes. It's like telling a pitcher to stop throwing balls, etc. It just doesn't work that way. They need to start focusing on what he CAN do and I'm thinking/hoping they realize they need to make some changes. They shouldn't be in this predicament in the first place offensively, but what's done is done. Hope for the rest of the season is that Allen decides it's time to just play QB and let the chips fall where they may if he makes some mistakes.

This is a really solid post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If they are really going to let the guys play then Allen should have a big day.  If he does then the spot light shifts to Daboll and the prior schemes he implemented.  Looking forward to this game.  Defense will have a big day IMO.

I wanna see Allen run for 100+ tomorrow. 

screw Dabolls dink and dunk offense. We aren't the patriots. Allen needs to do what he knows best and that's scramble and make plays with his feet. 

Edited by Tesla03

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If the dolphins beat the bills tomorrow, I can smell a few warning points coming my way, possibly an indefinite suspension...maybe that’ll be what it’s like to be Myles Garrett in the heat of the moment.

This board will be apoplectic.  McDermott, Beane, and Daboll will have more firing threads than the combined points of the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You could always ......step away from the keyboard a while?????

And make your job easier?

In all seriousness, I think a loss to the Dolphins tomorrow would strike a wooden stake in the vampire that is McDermott, at least for me. 

maybe it’d depend how and why they lost...

...man, I gotta start thinking about how they could win! 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

This board will be apoplectic.  McDermott, Beane, and Daboll will have more firing threads than the combined points of the game.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was going to say "more firing threads than a 24 cylinder internal combustion engine"

maybe bring back the “overly positive” and “overly negative” threads that were pinned a couple years ago? 

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

And make your job easier?
In all seriousness, I think a loss to the Dolphins tomorrow would strike a wooden stake in the vampire that is McDermott, at least for me. 

maybe it’d depend how and why they lost...

...man, I gotta start thinking about how they could win! 

maybe bring back the “overly positive” and “overly negative” threads that were pinned a couple years ago? 

I don't see the stake thing

On 11/14/2019 at 4:39 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep and Allen was half a second late in getting the ball to him.  That's how close we are to substantially elevating this pass game.  And I see no reason that with more experience Allen makes that throw on time.

But what the picture doesn't tell you unless you look real close is that Allen is probably already feeling the heat of the Brown's DE who has badly beaten our Tackle on an inside move (I believe that's Garret) so Allen must continue moving to avoid the sack.

And what the picture doesn't show you is that on the pass, which was a half second late, Knox doesn't take a step towards the ball which allows the DB to close the gap and bat the ball away.  Had Knox took a step forward, like a lot of pass savvy TE's would do, he either catches the ball by shielding it from the DB or the DB commits PI.

Finally, while I appreciate DeMarco's help in pointing out the guy breaking open WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING DOWNFIELD on the route.  How many times have we hit him with a pass 15 yards field in the middle of the field?  Wouldn't he have been more useful helping our tackle block Garret on that play?  Just saying.

Time and space and how to get the most from them.  That's what experience can  teach him.  So much space and it seemed to both Josh and Dawson that there was more than enough time to make a simple pitch and catch.  The defender broke from the middle of the D when Josh started to roll.  Lots of bodies in between probably meant Josh never saw him closing on the play.  The defender just got there in time.  A throw more toward the corner or Knox making two steps toward the ball would make all the difference.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Finally start to phase Gore out. It’s time to make that push for the playoffs and the stretch run. Activate Yeldon and give the ball to Singletary. Singletary needs 25+ touches a game. He should be like our version of Mccaffrey. The change of pace can be Yeldon out of the backfield. Stop handing it to Gore for a drive killing 2 yard run. The guys legs are completely shot. It’s been obvious to me since week 1. It’s starting to actually be noticed by most people now. Run the offense through the Runningbacks...Singletary and Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Finally start to phase Gore out. It’s time to make that push for the playoffs and the stretch run. Activate Yeldon and give the ball to Singletary. Singletary needs 25+ touches a game. He should be like our version of Mccaffrey. The change of pace can be Yeldon out of the backfield. Stop handing it to Gore for a drive killing 2 yard run. The guys legs are completely shot. It’s been obvious to me since week 1. It’s starting to actually be noticed by most people now. Run the offense through the Runningbacks...Singletary and Yeldon.

Then I don't know what you been watching, Gore has been great only until recently. People were calling him ageless and all that. I say  give Singletary AND Gore the ball more and things will hopefully improve.

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If the dolphins beat the bills tomorrow, I can smell a few warning points coming my way, possibly an indefinite suspension...maybe that’ll be what it’s like to be Myles Garrett in the heat of the moment.

I’ll do my part. We aim to please.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't see the stake thing

I agree that this a very important game, but I’m going to wait on passing that kind of judgment on the coaches until the season is over.  If we lose to Miami but beat Dallas and Baltimore and make the playoffs, the Miami loss is irrelevant and the season will be considered a success.