Forecast:

60.9 comp %

3306 passing yds

20TDs

14ints

494 rushing yds

8 rushing TDs

That's not a bad 2nd year for a QB

No, it really isn’t. Especially for as raw a prospect as Allen was coming in.

But it’s a moot point, as I’ve read in these very parts that Allen will be Mitch Trubisky next season, in his third year, so there’s really no hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

In 1993 - Only 2 QB's threw for 3500 yards.

In 2018 - 17  threw for 3500 yards...2 threw for over 5000 yards. 

Yeah lets compare those years stats...

in 2018

Two 5000 plus passers  

Big Ben ... how'd he do? 

Pat Mahomes   ... how'd he do?   Besides getting screwed by the Refs in the playoffs against Tainted Toms team 

10 4000 plus passers   ---   some examples ....

Matt Ryan   ... how'd he do? 

Andy Luck ... how'd he do? 

Phil Rivers ... how'd he do? 

Eli Manning ... how'd he do? 

Derek Carr  ... how'd he do? 

Seriously ...  Some stats are USELESS.  

Wins and Losses  that is what matters 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird how some of you try to put down other QBs. If Allen was completing 64% of his passes, averaging 300 yards/ game, with 18 tds, coming off destroying the Pats, we build a statue for him. 

Why is it so hard to Jackson has been really good this year?

He has been good for his team and I'm not saying he hasn't been. His 300 yard per game average is due to his legs though so don't get it twisted. Also, 324 of those passing yards and 5 of those passing TD's came week 1 against the Miami Dolphins. You can come back with the whole, "Well what did Josh do against the Dolphins?" argument, but it's clear to see over the last 4 weeks they have been getting progressively better. Lamar didn't singlehandedly beat the Pats either. Ingram had a good game as well as the defense against that Pats offense. I'm not saying he hasn't improved from last year and I'm not saying he isn't the best fit for his team, but I am also not getting the whole reason the media and various other people love to s*** him off like he is some amazing QB. He's not. He's an average at best QB who happens to be the best athlete at the position since Michael Vick. And if Josh were running for all of those yards and on as many plays as he does people would be screaming about that as well. They'd be moaning he runs too much, he's not a real QB, he's not the long term answer, blah, blah, blah. Winning doesn't matter around here unless your QB is throwing for 350 a game and 3 TD's. Haven't you figured that out yet? :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Let's stop this nonsense right now.

Every poster here would wave their magic wand, if they could, and swap Josh Allen at his current age for Jim Kelly at the same age.

Am I right?

Thought so.

At Josh Allen's current age Kelly was developing in the USFL meanwhile the Bills struggled and got better players including  the BEST player in team history Bruce Smith. Say what you want but Kelly had a better squad around him and a big reason why we were one of the best teams in the late 80s/early 90s. 

39 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yes, I would swap Josh Allen -- a work in progress -- for a guy who I already know will go on to be a first-ballot HOFer.  I would also swap Josh Allen for a 2nd-year Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Steve Young, etc.

That doesn't mean I'm not optimistic about Allen.

I completely lack your optimism.

Josh Allen is who he has already shown you to be, even if he does show signs of slight, incremental improvement now and again.  He also shows signs of regression now and again.

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird how some of you try to put down other QBs. If Allen was completing 64% of his passes, averaging 300 yards/ game, with 18 tds, coming off destroying the Pats, we build a statue for him. 

Why is it so hard to Jackson has been really good this year?

It doesn't fit the narrative.

You still have people saying "if only finished the Pats game I think we would've won!"

Even if he managed 1 more TD, his play against the Pats vs Jackson's play against the Pats couldn't have been more different. One looked up to the challenge, the other looked afraid of it.

Yet here people would've built that statue anyway, stats or not, had Allen come through. And somehow Jackson is worth mocking due to the praise he's getting, not good enough, and overrated.... makes total sense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

You still have people saying "if only finished the Pats game I think we would've won!"

Even if he managed 1 more TD, his play against the Pats vs Jackson's play against the Pats couldn't have been more different. One looked up to the challenge, the other looked afraid of it.

Yet here people would've built that statue anyway, stats or not, had Allen come through. And somehow Jackson is worth mocking due to the praise he's getting, not good enough, and overrated.... makes total sense.

Narratives are for PPP. Anyway, Allen looked a lot more like the 21 other 1st and 2nd year QBs that BB has defeated than Jackson. I wouldn’t use the word afraid more than confused. Some of this is because Harbaugh and the Ravens are letting Jackson do his thing rather than change him or coach things out of him. Jackson played loose and looked like he belonged. Not taking anything away from him, but he’s got good coaching , a scheme tailored around him , a very solid OL, RB and supporting cast. Kudos to them. I’m not sure why why any Bills fan would mock Jackson or the Ravens, as they’ve done the ultimate in the respect department; dismantling the Pats on prime time. Jackson looks good to me in that system ; how he’d do outside of it is another question but the guy is an incredible athlete and it showed on Sunday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Just like the same narratives the Allen "critics" have which they hold to no matter how many comebacks he leads, clutch throws he makes, how much improvement he shows in his decision making with the football, or W's he leads the team to right? 

19 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

7 this season ... lost 4 ?? 

3 last season 

Thanks, Shady.  I's so annoying on some of the sites I reference to track down fumbles.  I spend more time trying to look for the stat then I even care to know about it.  

19 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Some transparency here please, here are actual stats from Jim Kelly's first 8 games in 1993

Jim Kelly 1993 Season   Passing
Rk   G# Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A
1   1 BUF   NWE W 38-14 * 13 22 59% 167 4 1 103.6 1 10 7.59 9.18
2   2 BUF @ DAL W 13-10 * 16 27 59% 155 1 1 72.3 4 26 5.74 4.81
3   3 BUF   MIA L 13-22 * 20 39 51% 199 1 2 53.3 4 23 5.1 3.31
4   4 BUF   NYG W 17-14 * 14 25 56% 142 1 1 69.1 5 30 5.68 4.68
5   5 BUF   HOU W 35-7 * 15 25 60% 247 3 0 132.8 2 6 9.88 12.28
6   6 BUF @ NYJ W 19-10 * 22 35 63% 224 0 2 57.3 1 8 6.4 3.83
7   7 BUF   WAS W 24-10 * 18 24 75% 238 2 1 116.3 0 0 9.92 9.71
8   8 BUF @ NWE W 13-10 * 29 46 63% 317 1 0 90.6 2 19 6.89 7.33
  1st 8 games             147 243 60% 1689 13 8 86.9 19 122 7.2 6.9

Different era back then.  bills were 7-1 after 8 weeks in 1993.   Interesting note that in back half of year, 1993 Bills were 5-3 and Jim only threw 5 TDs against 10 INTs in those last 8 games.  

Freddy, I am going on Memory on the first things I mention below, and I am quite sure on the second from that year.

1st, without checking, I actually think the Bills might have fallen to 8-4, and then won the last 4 to get to 12-4.

2nd, and I am almost 100% sure about this because I thought I reviewed it a number of years ago...Of all the great Bills teams of the late 80s and 90s the 1993 team was the only one to finish first overall in the NFL.  There was always someone better in the NFL than our 13-3 teams of 90 and 91 and the Bengals had home field advantage in 1988 for that 12-4 team.

They had home field advantage in the AFC, and I believe the Cowboys were the only team in the NFC that equaled them with a 12-4 record (kind of sure on that).  However, the Bills beat the Cowboys in head to head in week two.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

The Facebook post of this image posted on the Bills Mafia page has people actually using it to claim Kelly wasn't that good & would only be "average," today because of how much better QB's like Allen are...

This is what happens when people post misleading images online to push an agenda. People are now dragging down are best QB in franchise history to prop up the one we have now.

"Duwayne WayneWonder Demps - All the older QB' stats are getting beat now it should it's a different time if Kim Kelly played now he would have been average not a franchise QB" 

That's just an example of the kind of mentality people have to prop up their agenda.