The last time Sean McDermott played OBJ

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah, looking back he won a lot of close games early on. Didn't start getting the blowouts until back half of year. It could happen still right!? 

Hopefully. This team proved it has learned how to win. Now we have to do it consistently and against good teams

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Norman was covering and talking trash to Odell all game long.  Tre doesn't have a reputation for talking as much as Norman, but he is a better corner than Norman ever was, so we will see what happens. 

Worried about Landry having a monster a game against Wallace on the other side if they have to load the box to stop Chubb.

7 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

Josh Norman was covering and talking trash to Odell all game long.  Tre doesn't have a reputation for talking as much as Norman, but he is a better corner than Norman ever was, so we will see what happens. 

Worried about Landry having a monster a game against Wallace on the other side if they have to load the box to stop Chubb.

Wallace will likely be on Calloway. Pretty sure taron Johnson will get that Landry matchup. I might get some siran Neal in there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

The Browns signed OBJ to a big money free agent deal and are turning him into a role player.  The fact that the weather will be lousy for passing won't help his cause.

No they didn't. 

They traded for him. 

6 hours ago, warrior9 said:

No they didn't. 

They traded for him. 

My  bad, but they are still underutilizing OBJ considering his compensation and the hype.

Landry on the other side is an interesting receiver.  He was OBJ's teammate at LSU but doesn't have near the physical gifts of Beckham.  He's slow and not terribly big.  He's not going to take the top off a defense.  He's a chain mover, but I don't think he's a shifty as Beasley.  His main strength is he's tough as nails and he can get open with his route running.  Without special physical gifts, I have to believe that he can be defended with a sound scheme and disciplined DBs.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The biggest thing I remember about that team is they had nothing at WR. Philly brown was starting. 

Their best receiver was their TE, Greg Olsen.  That was the "sandwich" of 3 >1000 yd seasons for him.

They also had Ted Ginn and a rookie Devin Funchess as well as an aging Cotchery

I guess my reaction is if they had nothing at WR/TE whoaoa what have we got

11 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

McDermott won’t need to do anything for Beckham to go off. Mayfield is close to doing that himself 

True, but kind of dumb at the same time.

Him & Jarvis Landry both have over 550 yards half way through the season, and it's not like they're playing on some fantastic team. 

In comparison, our best WR has only 28 more yards than Beckham, and he's our definitive #1 WR. The Browns have the luxury of having two great WR's, so obviously Odell isn't going to get ALL the targets... I dunno, I guess I'm just used to seeing such weak production at the WR position that I'd be thrilled having 2 that are on pace to both have 1,000 yard seasons.

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Him & Jarvis Landry both have over 550 yards half way through the season, and it's not like they're playing on some fantastic team. 

In comparison, our best WR has only 28 more yards than Beckham, and he's our definitive #1 WR. The Browns have the luxury of having two great WR's, so obviously Odell isn't going to get ALL the targets... I dunno, I guess I'm just used to seeing such weak production at the WR position that I'd be thrilled having 2 that are on pace to both have 1,000 yard seasons.

I will give OBJ credit considering his past antics, he's kept his mouth shut by past standards. He's showing good patience with Mayfield, but everyone knows that won't last the whole season if OBJ isn't getting passes. Regardless of Kitchens being a major part of the Browns' issues, Mayfield still has a hand in those himself both on and off the field

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Obj has had 3 targets in the red zone all year. He has 1 (!) touchdown on the season. He’s been used as a decoy for several games. That is the issue. Not pure yardage total. He has played hard and he has played well. Has made the spectacular catch and dropped the easy catch. He is who he has always been. A bit too focused on the stuff that doesn’t matter and he’s not always in the right place. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just make fun of his shoes.

If he does wear stupid custom shoes "haha look at your stupid custom shoes"

If he doesn't wear stupid custom shoes "Haha guess they put you in your place buddy, and no you won't be getting a game winner today either"

dude literally wore (in a way) CLOWN SHOES. He may be the least self aware man in Cleveland.