Philly fans really are the worst

Dan Darragh

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

every youtube clip of Rangers/Isles/Flyers game from the 70s and 80s makes me curse being stuck with HNIC productions.

and Fotiu has dropped the gloves....

Well, Hockey Night sure ain’t what it used to be but neither is the NHL. That said, I’ll take it over NBC coverage alllll day long. 

Love my HD antenna, I get CBC crystal clear from across the lake, and when the playoffs start I pretty much watch all that I can...which can lead to some arse dragging mornings. House rule at my place, you can’t go to bed if a playoff game goes into OT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well, Hockey Night sure ain’t what it used to be but neither is the NHL. That said, I’ll take it over NBC coverage alllll day long. 

Love my HD antenna, I get CBC crystal clear from across the lake, and when the playoffs start I pretty much watch all that I can...which can lead to some arse dragging mornings. House rule at my place, you can’t go to bed if a playoff game goes into OT.

good post!

i have to be really into a hockey playoff game to commit to it, I can’t stay up till 2 on a work night 

I watched the NYI marathon one Easter Sunday to the end, LaFontaine with the winner

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know, you really cant generalize.

I met up with a work friend from Philly and his 4 family members for the tailgate. They were very cool and enjoyed the scene at Hammers.

By the way, they watched the ketchup ceremony and found it to be a bit creepy and weird.  I have to agree.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But i I honestly can’t remember going to a home game where Bills fans seemed like the minority. It sucked.

In another thread, earlier this week, I posted that while watching the game on TV, it seemed like there was a ton of Eagles fans in the stands.

A long-time season ticket holder responded to me, and said that it's been like that forever (lots of opposing fans at the Ralph). WTF, over?

I don't know if it felt this way at the stadium, but watching on TV it sounded like there were just as many, if not more, Eagles fans there than Bills fans.

Every time Allen did something bad, huge cheers. When we were facing a 3rd down, the stadium would get really loud as if trying to pump up the Eagle defense/throw off the Bills offense. 

And after the Eagles would score, the crowd would get louder instead of quiet. It was pretty surprising considering how well we've turned out for home games this year.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

good post!

i have to be really into a hockey playoff game to commit to it, I can’t stay up till 2 on a work night 

I watched the NYI marathon one Easter Sunday to the end, LaFontaine with the winner

I remember the "May Day" game in 1993. I was laying  in bed listening to my clock radio trying to stay awake. Rick Jennrett woke me up with the winning goal.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's their thing. They boo everything.....when they beat the Patriots it was kind of bittersweet because I loathe the Patriots,  but live in Eagles country which pretty much was insufferable for a while. 

The Eagles are one hit wonders.  

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

good post!

What an ugly goal. The expression "Throw enough sh!t against the wall and somethings bound to stick" applies.

And I'm an Islanders fan.

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

If it was so bad did anyone text security ? 

There was no reason to text security.  It was just obnoxious.  In America, at least until the next election, people have a right to say what they want.  And I have a right to complain about it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, Nihilarian said:

Philly fans openly peeing on their own fans from the upper deck to down below...in their drunken stupor!

Never saw or heard of that at the Ralph, Rich Stadium, New Era. 

Well, RICH STADIUM did have signs stating "Do not urinate in washbins" back in the day. Not sure if they are still up on the wall or not though?

59 minutes ago, Marv Levy said:

Well, RICH STADIUM did have signs stating "Do not urinate in washbins" back in the day. Not sure if they are still up on the wall or not though?

Some very kind Bills fan stopped me in the Men's bathroom at my very first game at the Ralph, maybe 15 years ago. I was going to wash my hands in one of those big circular group sinks. He pointed to a guy on the other side peeing in one of the other sinks.

It wasn't even halftime.

• Haha (+1) 1