WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

21 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I do like Mike Schopp most of the time, but he was ridiculous in this segment. Sal knew he was talking crazy, and really called him out on it.

I really disagree that trading up in drafts is wrong all the time. Especially if you can do it without trading away next year's 1st round pick.

These are generally my thoughts, too.  I think Sal's a OBD lackey now, but he wasn't wrong here. 

As for trades, I'm not a huge fan of trading up unless its for a QB.  I think this was Mike's point (at least on Twitter earlier in the day).  

3 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Point differential is a good predictor of how good a team actually is. Of course there are many other variables, but to ignore it is back to "hoping" the team is good, which is totally useless. 

The Patriots always have a HUGE point differential because they run up the score

How did that fare in the 13 - 3 SB win in February ??

3-0 at halftime.

so IMO they can take that 189 PD and  file it in the How to cheat book 

We didn't have to trade for QB. Watson and Mahomes fell right to us. We kill WhAley for trading up for Sammy. Lets see how the fans reacts next year if Josh is playing the same way. Right now he is a bigger Tyrod without the deep ball. This team is a decent veteran QB away from contending. Will Coach make the right call if he has too. Josh might need some veteran competition next year.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Because other teams take their starters out.  Why risk injury to a star player when the other team just might be out to inflict pain.  

aka head hunt 

Yes, and the Bills have a low point differential because they take their starters out.

LOL this is silly

Patriots always have a big point differential because they’re great. 

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Patriots always have a HUGE point differential because they run up the score

3-0 at halftime.

You’re comparing the SB to regular season games against Miami and the Bengals?

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

3-0 at halftime.

How did it fare? THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL. They went from the high scoring playoff games the 2 weeks prior, to winning a defensive struggle in the Super Bowl. His running up the score over the years, has given him plenty of experience in knowing how to make plays in any situation without costing his team. They don't win the super bowl every year, but they are in the top 4 every year. Really good teams, are able to win games, and have a positive point differential at the end of the year. This goes into the people who say "I don't care how we win, just win." I'm sorry in the long term, how you win matters too.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

As a Floridian, I listen via interweb because it’s the only Bills/Sabres talk shows during the day. I’m offended AND angry for sports fans from my beloved WNY. They’re the Only thing you have and it’s just so goddam bad. It’s like a daily competition from show to show to see who can be most amateur, unenlightened and unlistenable. Yet, they act like they’re Top 5 nationwide and absolute authorities on sports.. Sal & Schelp are just 2 of the dummies masquerading as sports announcers.

It’s just so embarrassing. I bleed for you all.?

I understand there are some really good Bills podcasts out there.  Not sure about Sabres....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yes, and the Bills have a low point differential because they take their starters out.

LOL this is silly

Patriots always have a big point differential because they’re great. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re comparing the SB to regular season games against Miami and the Bengals?

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

How did it fare? THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL. They went from the high scoring playoff games the 2 weeks prior, to winning a defensive struggle in the Super Bowl. His running up the score over the years, has given him plenty of experience in knowing how to make plays in any situation without costing his team. They don't win the super bowl every year, but they are in the top 4 every year. Really good teams, are able to win games, and have a positive point differential at the end of the year. This goes into the people who say "I don't care how we win, just win." I'm sorry in the long term, how you win matters too.

Wow it seems my Shady speak didn't translate well.

Winning by 1 or winning by 40 only matters in rankings for tie breakers.   Its the fans who have HUGE issues with it.  

Might I suggest you stop listening to those clowns for a few weeks? 

4 hours ago, Aireskoi said:

image.jpeg.781c15a972623f5fa7cb3b81f5663d56.jpeg

To know and not to do, is not to know.

You don't have to have played football to be a part of the radio coverage for a team, but it would help.

Mike lives in the world of symbols (stats), the actual real thing doesn't matter as much.

Like previously mentioned there is no stat for culture so it's not real or relevant to his super-smart brain.

Also team culture is the most important thing, IMO.

If you look at that picture closely, Bellichick is cheating a little to the left. 

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Wow it seems my Shady speak didn't translate well.

Winning by 1 or winning by 40 only matters in rankings for tie breakers.   Its the fans who have HUGE issues with it.  

Might I suggest you stop listening to those clowns for a few weeks? 

Then, why do any teams bother with running up the score? You know, the teams that are usually in the playoffs year after year. Apparently the fans of the team that never makes the playoffs, know what's more important than the coaches and players of the teams that are in the playoffs almost all the time.....

48 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Schopp produces very strong reactions and discussion like no other in our market.  That means he is masterfully doing his job.

That only counts if people are listening. I don't. I only find out about stuff about him here.

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Most of WGR staff is Wilkes Barre level talent at best.

.....no offense to Wilkes Barre.    

Sad but true. Most of that staff are there thanks to inertia. No real competition so no need to put in any effort