WGR-550 Dust-up Today: Schopp vs. Capaccio!

Nextmanup

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

We could go undefeated for 20 years and there would still be downers like this.  You must be a ball at funerals.  

This season they are doing a lot better then expected so they should have added help for their offense. Gordon was free for the taking. He may have helped, he may not have. Why not take a chance. Another WR to go with Brown might help stretch the field. Instead they didn't do anything. So far this regime has proven they can build a defense but have no idea how to build an offense or get the most out of what they have. Good coaches find ways to make an offense fit their QB. Instead in Buffalo they turned a mobile QB into a pocket passer and so far it's not been going very well. 

14 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

This season they are doing a lot better then expected so they should have added help for their offense. Gordon was free for the taking. He may have helped, he may not have. Why not take a chance. Another WR to go with Brown might help stretch the field. Instead they didn't do anything. So far this regime has proven they can build a defense but have no idea how to build an offense or get the most out of what they have. Good coaches find ways to make an offense fit their QB. Instead in Buffalo they turned a mobile QB into a pocket passer and so far it's not been going very well. 

Did you ever wonder why the Pats dumped him?  Honestly.  What does It tell the team if you pick up Gordon?  That you are willing to wreck the chemistry of the team on player who was not good enough to be on the team you have been unable to beat for 20 years?   You should power slam yourself through a burning table.  

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

Did you ever wonder why the Pats dumped him?  Honestly.  What does It tell the team if you pick up Gordon?  That you are willing to wreck the chemistry of the team on player who was not good enough to be on the team you have been unable to beat for 20 years?   You should power slam yourself through a burning table.  

Its funny cause Seattle had no problem adding him to their team. You keep trusting the process. 

51 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its funny cause Seattle had no problem adding him to their team. You keep trusting the process. 

Have you power slammed yourself yet?  Go now and do it.  

On 11/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, Bubba Gump said:

I heard him and BD talking about MENSA one day and how Schopp could be a member or was a member. It was a long time ago so I'm a little fuzzy about the gist of the conversation.

Back in his "Sports talk for smart people" days on the station that was aligned with Empire Sports TV (can't remember the name), there was a fawning article about him being in MENSA and how this was a guy who could do anything he wants, but he just loves sports so much so he's doing this lowly sports talk job.

I had never heard of him, and thought that I should listen to this guy because I can't stand The Coach.........But, also thought it was rather self-aggrandizing to have a whole article that you are giving quotes for, etc. about how you're so smart.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

Back in his "Sports talk for smart people" days on the station that was aligned with Empire Sports TV (can't remember the name), there was a fawning article about him being in MENSA and how this was a guy who could do anything he wants, but he just loves sports so much so he's doing this lowly sports talk job.

I had never heard of him, and thought that I should listen to this guy because I can't stand The Coach.........But, also thought it was rather self-aggrandizing to have a whole article that you are giving quotes for, etc. about how you're so smart.  

Agree. The Coach was a complete douche.  Go Bonas. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, Mellow1 said:

Shoop doesnt believe this Team is any better than the last regime's team and I tend to agree. Scheduling has this team on a past to 11 to 12 wins. So if they are TRULY better one of those number should be reached. They never spend the cap savings anyway.

Next years schedule involved the AFC west, and NFC west. Good chance our record will be worse then our talent would deserve. So enjoy the easy schedule this year!

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, zonabb said:

Don't need to listen. Mike is undeniably more intelligent, well spoken, and professional than Sal because Sal is a homer posing as a journalist, which is why everyone here loves him. He's the fans' confirmation bias. He beats the drum for the team, is rarely if ever critical, and is basically a fan with a microphone. Schopp is not. Schopp has the ability and willingness to be critical, Sal would rather bury his nose as deep as possible into the jockstrap of any player who would offer up a handshake. The way you can tell the difference is Sal is dying to be friends with the players, calling them by their first name rather than taking the professional reporter approach to referring to subjects by their last name or by their title. 

Pretty early in a post to lose me, but you managed it. Schopp is a blithering moron, there is no part of his show that supports your argument, 

On 10/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, Nextmanup said:

Let's not turn this into a Mike Schopp bash thread.

We've had enough of those.

I'd appreciate it if comments are limited in scope, more or less, to the linked exchange.

You may appreciate it, but you're not going to get it.  I won't listen to one of the personalities mentioned who shall remain nameless, talentless and fan-less.

1 minute ago, familykwi said:

You may appreciate it, but you're not going to get it.  I won't listen to one of the personalities mentioned who shall remain nameless, talentless and fan-less.

I need to know - which one is it?!?  

On 10/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, zonabb said:

Don't need to listen. Mike is undeniably more intelligent, well spoken, and professional than Sal because Sal is a homer posing as a journalist, which is why everyone here loves him. He's the fans' confirmation bias. He beats the drum for the team, is rarely if ever critical, and is basically a fan with a microphone. Schopp is not. Schopp has the ability and willingness to be critical, Sal would rather bury his nose as deep as possible into the jockstrap of any player who would offer up a handshake. The way you can tell the difference is Sal is dying to be friends with the players, calling them by their first name rather than taking the professional reporter approach to referring to subjects by their last name or by their title. 

I stand corrected.  I guess he has a fan.  I disagree about the professionalism which is why I won't listen.  As a professional, you do not insult and belittle guests, nor callers.  You are welcome to disagree, but it can be done with respect.  If he and Bulldog want to joke with each other, so be it, but never someone not a regular part of the show.

6 minutes ago, familykwi said:

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

I need to know - which one is it?!?  

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

I stand corrected.  I guess he has a fan.  I disagree about the professionalism which is why I won't listen.  As a professional, you do not insult and belittle guests, nor callers.  You are welcome to disagree, but it can be done with respect.  If he and Bulldog want to joke with each other, so be it, but never someone not a regular part of the show.

Wait - I might have a guess now!  

So I bit the bullet and listened to the exchange. I enjoyed Sal calling Mike out to pick a side.  I think that's good advice in general.  I guess a person can complain about everything, but that person will never be satisfied with anything. 

I suspect if we ever reached the summit, Mike (that's to ease your mind bbb) would talk about some amount of disappointment about not doing certain things during the win, or worry about the road ahead even in the moment of triumph.  

On 11/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, Seven-N-Nine said:

I guess we can close this thread.

I'm a Bills fan who has been right more than wrong over the last ~15 years, like Schopp has been.  It sucks that the Bills have been a bad team for that long, poor ownership who has a hard time hiring good FO personnel and coaches, but that's what we're stuck with.

Oh, my dear... I am so sorry that the Bills won, and your beloved, Tom Sh!**y and Bulls*!^ Bellicheat lost today. I hope you have a pleasant and enjoyable Monday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, familykwi said:

So I bit the bullet and listened to the exchange. I enjoyed Sal calling Mike out to pick a side.  I think that's good advice in general.  I guess a person can complain about everything, but that person will never be satisfied with anything. 

I suspect if we ever reached the summit, Mike (that's to ease your mind bbb) would talk about some amount of disappointment about not doing certain things during the win, or worry about the road ahead even in the moment of triumph.  

Damn - I bet on Sal!  

On 11/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, bbb said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that show. Couldn't stand him then. He had a show here in Rochester before he went to WGR. Maybe that was the one I'm thinking of.

• Like (+1) 1

The first 22 minutes of this is basically these two going at it again.  I now understand why I didn't understand the post game Sunday.  I never thought the Bills actually decided with 50 seconds or so that they were happy with taking the field goal right there............And, S & B I now understand think that..............And, this is Sal saying that's not what happened.  It ends at exactly 22 minutes.  If you just want a summary of how douchy Schopp is thoughout, you can just listen from 21 minutes for the last minute..............Yeah, Mike, Sal is saying the O linemen were at their set positions.  What an ahole.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-11-hr-4-schopp-bulldog