Do you think the Bills are doomed to repeat 2008, 2011?

njbuff

On 10/30/2019 at 5:28 PM, Nextmanup said:

Coaching is not "much stronger" than Chan Gailey in 2011; it is better than Dick Jauron in 2008.

A monkey with a learning disability would provide better coaching than Dick Jauron.

Do not think we are doomed to repeat however.

Disagree on the coaching.  George Edwards is not as inept as I thought, but I think he learned something after he left and having Dave Wannstadt spliced into him like an unwanted second liver didn’t help.  Daboll > Curtis Modkins.  The ST coaching was pretty good I think?

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just curious...how is there ANY legitimate comparison to 11 years ago or 8 years ago?.......before you even get into Bills comparisons, START with how vastly the GAME has changed......

The theory is that it’s the same old Bills........

so you can basically insert any year, minus the SB years.

At least that’s what my non Bills fan friends tell me. ?

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Really you like just making the playoffs and knowing you are only cannon fodder? Complacent fans never want more than minimum.

There's a difference between complacent and realistic. I can't think of any fan that doesn't want 19-0.  Understanding that's not realistic doesn't make one complacent. 

Where anyone draws the line on 'realistic' expectations will vary. Doesn't mean they like where they draw that line.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Really you like just making the playoffs and knowing you are only cannon fodder? Complacent fans never want more than minimum.

after the total pony loaf of two decades since Kelly’s decline, yeah a WC loss would be freaking heaven as a fan

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The theory is that it’s the same old Bills........

so you can basically insert any year, minus the SB years.

At least that’s what my non Bills fan friends tell me. ?

Exactly.  In 1983 the Bills started 5-2, but ended up 8-8 and missed the playoffs.  So eerily similar it just makes sense it will happen again this year.

29 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Exactly.  In 1983 the Bills started 5-2, but ended up 8-8 and missed the playoffs.  So eerily similar it just makes sense it will happen again this year.

I remember 1983 well.

The infamous Matt Kofler starting a game at home against the LA Raiders. ?

22 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No.  The schedule is soft.  The team isnt 5 and 2 because of fluky plays, or players/ units playing above their talent levels.  5 times Buffalo looked like the better team. 

the giants and titans wins were solid and deserved