Do you think the Bills are doomed to repeat 2008, 2011?

njbuff

No.

New team, new coaches, new GM, new owners. It’s a different time. 

Now, could it go south? Sure. But we aren’t “repeating” anything. This is all new and I think we are mentally stronger and will continue to move in the right direction, but not as fast as many will want. I like a lot of what I’m seeing, and like that there seems to be a plan. Time will tell. 

NO, that’s not the Kool Aid talking! Do NOT go there!   ? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5

Coaching is not "much stronger" than Chan Gailey in 2011; it is better than Dick Jauron in 2008.

A monkey with a learning disability would provide better coaching than Dick Jauron.

Do not think we are doomed to repeat however.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the Bills need to focus very strongly on the running game and get Singletary 20+ touches a game, and/or let’s see how he reacts to it.

I am probably way dreaming though. But it sounds simple, on the surface, doesn’t it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Coaching is not "much stronger" than Chan Gailey in 2011; it is better than Dick Jauron in 2008.

A monkey with a learning disability would provide better coaching than Dick Jauron.

Do not think we are doomed to repeat however.

Well, if the coaching isn’t much stronger than Gailey as you say.............

”Houston, we have a problem”. ?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Well, if the coaching isn’t much stronger than Gailey as you say.............

”Houston, we have a problem”. ?

Chan Gailey actually out-smarted Bill Belichick, brilliantly used the clock, and snuck a win out against him.  The game in Buffalo.

More than McD has done.

Remember that game?  Remember BB running around as the clock struck zero screaming and yelling and whining?!

It's like his ego couldn't handle being beat at his own game.

One of the better Bills moments in recent years if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

As always, anything is possible, but 2017 would seem to be a better marker than the Jauron/Gailey era teams. McDermott's already had a team here that went from 5-2 to 5-5 while getting gashed in the run game at a historic clip. After that Saints game where they ended the game with like 50 consecutive run plays, who could've seen that team winning another game the rest of the year? They managed to turn it around, win @KC and then break the drought. Had we came away with a win against the Eagles, YE OLE would've said we might have a run at the division here, gents. But, at this point, the most likely scenario is a 10/11 win season and a wildcard game at Indy/Baltimore. How McDermott's team fairs in that game will likely be the true test as to what the trajectory of THE PROCESS is. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

As always, anything is possible, but 2017 would seem to be a better marker than the Jauron/Gailey era teams. McDermott's already had a team here that went from 5-2 to 5-5 while getting gashed in the run game at a historic clip. After that Saints game where they ended the game with like 50 consecutive run plays, who could've seen that team winning another game the rest of the year? They managed to turn it around, win @KC and then break the drought. Had we came away with a win against the Eagles, YE OLE would've said we might have a run at the division here, gents. But, at this point, the most likely scenario is a 10/11 win season and a wildcard game at Indy/Baltimore. How McDermott's team fairs in that game will likely be the true test as to what the trajectory of THE PROCESS is. 

This^ Almost a carbon copy of the 2017 Bills, but with better talent and more hope for the future. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Chan Gailey actually out-smarted Bill Belichick, brilliantly used the clock, and snuck a win out against him.  The game in Buffalo.

More than McD has done.

Remember that game?  Remember BB running around as the clock struck zero screaming and yelling and whining?!

It's like his ego couldn't handle being beat at his own game.

One of the better Bills moments in recent years if you ask me.

Chan was actually the best game manager that the Bills had in the drought era. I know it's not a high bar, but he was light years ahead of the other clowns.

Edited by vincec