Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Or 2017. This game reminded me a bit of the Saints game at home in 2017.(Though not quite as bad)...... year 3 into the regime. They shouldn’t be outmatched and out coached that badly at home. Signature McDermott blow out loss against one of the better NFL teams. It’s a bad trend.

down 16-0 to jets... barely hold off cincy...get outplayed by the dolphins....play a dead even game with the titans.

This team is average..and Josh Allen needs to play more than a quarter of good football for once.

The most complete QB game we have had here in 2 yrs was Matt barkley last yr vs the Jets. He played a solid 4 qtrs.Something JA needs to learn to do .

Tomorrow's WGR narrative

What it will be:

The offense needed to bail out the D today.  They couldn't.  They have been bailed out time and again.  No excuses the O just didn't get it done.   We know we've been telling you the O has a ways to go.....but today was different.  In 40 mph winds we needed more.  More thru the air just like the Eagles did....  *people listening getting confused....they ran and screen games and scrambled there way all around us*   but don't let the facts deter you from the narrative we will stubbornly stick to till the Bills bring in Rosen.  Our savior.  Let's go to the phones........

What it should be:

You know we've been telling you during these first 7 games that the O just needs to get to 21-24 points.  This D is soooooo good (we're so super smart) that it really is all they have to do.  Just don't make too many mistakes.   Today, the O while not great, and we had a bad fumble that may have turned the momentum; (which by our "we think chemistry and culture is overrated and probably not a thing 'logic'; so momentum shouldn't be a thing either)......the O didn't start the 2nd half by allowing a 65 yd TD run.  The O didn't allow a near 9 minute drive in the 2nd half putting the game (in 30-40 mph winds out of reach) This is 2 HOME games in a row we've been telling you a D that is so elite (maybe you should stop listening to us) has looked awful.  If not for a Fitzy pick....who knows.  We needed the O today.  But more concerning we couldn't stop a nose bleed.  

I'm going to listen to WFAN meltdown over the Nats tomorrow.  Let me know if its as close to the former as I suspect it will be.   

Thanks.  

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

13 points scored would have beaten 2 of the 28 teams that played today. Today the O was just “not great.” Incredible.

Any team playing in wind like that today better be able to run and stop the run. 

We did neither.   And when we did respond in the 2nd half and made it a one score game, the D proceeded to get steamrolled. 

End of story. 

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

To me, that’s where it unraveled. The offense did nothing with the short field and the D began to fade quickly after. Turnover on downs was the turning point. 

...Singeltary in the Witness Protection Program and Allen the leading rusher AGAIN?..........creative and innovative formula for "W's"??.......NOT....

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll put it like this, crazy hold on John brown not called(drive stalled), tackling our punter(flag thrown then picked up drive stalled), after the whistle Josh allen inexplicable facemask and thrown to the ground by his face mask no call(drive stalled).  The biggest issue I had was with the offensive line not playing for *****(how many false starts can we get smh), and also our d against the run is terrible. I was at the game the weather played a huge factor. On the plus side the most important thing is working out, Josh Allen is maturing nicely and motor needs more targets and more touches in general he's lightning in a bottle. Drops mic

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Idiocy.

O hey, thought I'd mention DK Metcalf with another Two TD.

He's a solid number 2 with an all Pro qb but those tds yesterday were play call touchdowns from the 1. DK just caught easy ones. 

Edited by Sundancer

15 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Eagles showed the Bills what contenders look like and how much pretenders the Bills really are.

Unfortunately, the Eagles are just hanging on right now in NFC .  They aren’t really a contender.   NiNers, Saints ! Hawks , Green Bay and even the fading Rams  are the contenders 

54 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

He's a solid number 2 with an all Pro qb but those tds yesterday were play call touchdowns from the 1. DK just caught easy ones. 

Tending for 1000 yards and 8 TD on the season. As a rookie. 

Meanwhile, our #1 pick all world pass rush monster has exactly one non impact sack. 

Nick bosa on the other hand makes big plays.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

33 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Tending for 1000 yards and 8 TD on the season. As a rookie. 

Meanwhile, our #1 pick all world pass rush monster has exactly one non impact sack. 

Nick bosa on the other hand makes big plays.

Bills had no shot at Nick Bosa. Would have been nice, but wasn’t going to happen.