The lose-lose media narrative vs Eagles

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

5-2 but I agree. talk is cheap, they will decide the outcome come sunday.

but you do have to admit if the eaglets lose it'll be based on a depleted roster with key players out not because the bills are the better team is how they'll spin it. none the less, the best team will win on sunday, lets just hope it's the bills moving on to 6-1.

Yeah, that’s fair but it’s also why preseason predictions and strength of schedule stuff before the season is stupid.  I definitely thought Wentz and the Eagles were severely overrated.  Still think they have a bunch of talent but they have a trash secondary and this should be a game where Allen makes a lot of plays in the air.

but 6-1 is 6-1 even if it is a “soft” 6-1.  Bit Philly would be our best W and we would have to severely choke to miss the playoffs.  That’s all the matters. 

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

If we lose they take away a win?!?

Holy crap!!!

It’s a huge game needless to say.  

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why do so many people care what the media says?  If we win, we’re 6-1. If we lose, we’re 4-2. That’s all that matters.

Were you a math major? I’m guessing not......  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

He is a free agent next year. You lock him up for a few years and the Bills will contend for a Super Bowl for years to come.

I personally would rather go after Von Miller(doubtful he is on the trading block). And make a strength even stronger.

Our offense is a work in progress and is more than efficient enough to win against any team. We moved the ball against the pats well enough. Minus the turnovers we wouldve scored enough to win that game.

Just now, Augie said:

Were you a math major? I’m guessing not......  ?

I think the problem would be more English major skills and lack of proofreading! 

But yes, if the Bills unfortunately lose, the NfL will not take a win away!  Even though some think there is a conspiracy against the Bills. 

Just now, ChattanoogaBills said:

I personally would rather go after Von Miller(doubtful he is on the trading block). And make a strength even stronger.

Our offense is a work in progress and is more than efficient enough to win against any team. We moved the ball against the pats well enough. Minus the turnovers we wouldve scored enough to win that game.

The price for Miller would be insanely high. 

said this this morning in the week 8 thread

Posted 7 hours ago

aside from the pats* they're probably going to be the toughest opponent to date. good QB, experienced coaches. they're coming to play and play hard so the challenge is on the bills to step up and defend home turf. I predicted the bills by 3 and it will be close all game with haus money saving the day. 27-24

49 minutes ago, benderbender said:

You are what your record says you are. Unless you’re the Buffalo Bills. Then you are what the national media thinks you are: the 52nd ranked media market. It’s quite inconvenient for sports journalists that the 4th largest in Philadelphia to be on the outside looking in not even halfway through the season. 

Based on what I’ve heard from the usual suspects of sports talking heads, the spin has already begun for two possible outcomes on Sunday. Either the Eagles snap out of their funk against outclassed Buffalo pretenders, or the Eagles, their super bowl caliber coach and quarterback beset on all sides by injury, will have a game stolen from them. 

Is it merely pandering to the larger media market for clicks? Residual benefit of the doubt given to a Super Bowl winner two years removed? On paper the Eagles gave good win against the Packers on the road. But they’ve traded away one of the few names in their secondary in Peters who promptly had a pick 6 for his new team the vet next game. And there’s multiple reports about the apparent discord in their locker room.

I just have a hard time seeing the reasoning of so many rolling with a team on a two game losing streak, on the road, in a hostile environment. I’m hoping for a convincing Bills win if only to see the talking heads stammer their way around it next week. 

benderbender,

Cute avatar by the way.

I think you got it mixed.  It's a win-lose scenario for the Bills.  If they beat the Eagles, they win.  If they lose to the Eagles, they lose. 

If the media makes excuses for the Eagles after they lose, who cares?  They can have the media pass, We got the "W"

Just Win, Baby!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have been hearing quite a few people saying Philly will be so desperate to get back on track, they think the talent and desperation combined will be too much for the Bills. We just can’t come out and play like the first half of that Miami game. I like our team, and I like our chances. And I LOVE our FO! 

39 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It's been good enough to beat all but one team.  If not for a cheap shot we are likely 6-0 with a win over the SB favorite.

And if we beat the evil empire it would be about T*m "media sucks my soft balls, can you please stick your hands down back of my pants?" Br*dy.

I know that phrase it not as catchy as "GOAT Cheater" but look what I have to work with?

27 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I live outside Philly and the Eagles are bickering within. Half the players dislike Wentz and prefer Foles. If they lose 3 in a row they will implode. Bills win 23- 6

I prefer Aaron Rogers to Josh Allen. How is that any different?

Edited by Tenhigh

1 minute ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I would give two 1st and maybe a fifth for Von Miller. He would be the perfect lorax replacement. Good in coverage and a great pass rusher.

That is probably what it would take.  I don’t know if McBeane gives up that much.  But if you figure those are low 1sts, not a bad deal for one of the best pass rushers in the nfl.  I agree that an elite pass rusher would make a very good defense into a great one.  It’s the one thing they are missing. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

A win won in any fashion, beautiful or ugly is a win, period. 

Just win!

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

On track for what? To be a playoff team or to win a Super Bowl. They are a player away from contending for the entire thing. Without a move to get an AJ Green they are going one and done in the playoffs.  The time is NOW.  Make a move.

On track with my expectations, given all of the new personnel, and a young QB.

I agree when buffalo wins sunday the narrative will be how far the Eagles have fallen. Not how the bills are a legit playoff contender.

Also the media uses Josh Allen's career completion percentage instead of this season's stats marking him around 56%.

There is definitely a biased against the bills and Josh Allen not that i care much about it.

But i will say this the NFL imho is propping up Josh Allen as one of its future stars. Just look at the roughing calls he gets they are usually very ticky tack.

He gets calls to go his way that Fitzpatrick and other middling QBs will never get.