Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That's a REAL shame.

it really is. I mean I know where you're coming from and having key players out can have an impact on the outcome of a game. 

I'm just grateful the injury bug has been pretty much avoided for the bills so far this season and depth is good for the most part.

38 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it really is. I mean I know where you're coming from and having key players out can have an impact on the outcome of a game. 

I'm just grateful the injury bug has been pretty much avoided for the bills so far this season and depth is good for the most part.

Yeah I wasn't serious :lol:

fired up! Heading to WNY tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/51-bills-hear-your-snide-criticisms-and-are-annoyed-184224349.html

5-1 Bills hear your snide criticisms and are annoyed

Kimberley A. Martin

October 25, 2019, 2:42 PM EDT

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Micah Hyde has grown accustomed to being an afterthought, overlooked by so many along his journey from college to the pros. And after almost three seasons in Buffalo, the veteran safety understands why the football world refuses to give this Bills defense its due

INSERT RODNEY DANGERFIELD PICTURE 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/51-bills-hear-your-snide-criticisms-and-are-annoyed-184224349.html

Kimberley A. Martin

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Micah Hyde has grown accustomed to being an afterthought, overlooked by so many along his journey from college to the pros. And after almost three seasons in Buffalo, the veteran safety understands why the football world refuses to give this Bills defense its due

“Shoot, we’re playing Philly this week and he got fired by them, so there’s a lot of guys in this locker room that have a chip on their shoulder, want to get better and want to continue to strive to make this team what it is,” Hyde said.

If that doesn't show how these players feel about their coach I don't know what will.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

“Shoot, we’re playing Philly this week and he got fired by them, so there’s a lot of guys in this locker room that have a chip on their shoulder, want to get better and want to continue to strive to make this team what it is,” Hyde said.

If that doesn't show how these players feel about their coach I don't know what will.

They could get him an Edible Arrangement?

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Kimberley A. Martin

Great read, thanks for posting.  I honestly love that the players care that much about respect and have bought in to showing the world something.  Good fuel for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am noticing that the national media is starting to make excuses already, just in case the Bills win this weekend. As an example, on Golic and Wingo this morning, they were reluctantly admitting the Bills were the better team right now. BUT, they made a lot of comments like, if the Eagles were healthy, this would be a different game etc... In other words, even if we win, we will still have people saying we haven't beaten any good opponents yet. 

I don't really care, winning is all that matters to me, but it is funny to see how reluctant the media is to admit we are a good team.

I know people like to point out the media as bad guys, and how they always doubt us, but our own fans doubt the team too, myself included.

To be fair, we've seen posts with people complaining about the media & them not giving us respect for the past 20 years, and for the most part, the media has been right to doubt the Bills for the better part of those 2 decades.

In fact, the media has been wrong when being high on the Bills more often than when they doubt them. I cant even remember the amount of times before the season they'd predict the Bills to be their sleeper pick of the season, only for us to be awful that year...or when we started off hot & would shoot up the Power Rankings, only to crash back down (I remember one year we were up to #3 in ESPN's Power Rankings, then only won a single game afterwards...

But this team is even harder to judge than usual, and it's understandable for people to be hesitant. If we get that 6th win this early in the season beating the Eagles, I'll be more convinced. We've jumped out to 5 early wins several times before, so getting that 6th one this early would go a long way to show we're different this time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe B. predicting a Bills loss 27-19.  Evidently not a BILL-iever in our offense

We'll see

Edit: I do not understand what Joe means by this sentence:
" The Bills should keep it close for the majority of the game and establish a running game of their own. The only problem is they might have to abandon the running game due to game script, which could in turn force Allen into risky situations. "

What does that mean?

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Kimberley A. Martin

I can’t possibly love this article more. It’s so great. Hope they bring it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t possibly love this article more. It’s so great. Hope they bring it.

Ill be honest. I was quite worried having to play a fairly talented team with their season on the line. But it’s apparent mcdermott has these men fired up  and p***ed off. 53 alpha’s that can obviously play and are now feeling totally disrespected is a hell of a thing! 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Has it though?

We lost Josh Allen for a quarter in the only game we lost. 

Milano missed a game and is questionable this week. 

Singletary missed a few weeks.  

Taron Johnson has been out.  

Harrison Phillips is done for the year.  

Our vet RT has been on a snap count. 

Kroft played in his first game last week.  

We lost half our line to finish the Titans game. 

We have depth so it has covered up our losses but we haven’t exactly been the healthiest team ever.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Maybe I am wrong, but Vegas gave the Bills all the motivation they need for this game.

yep you’re wrong.

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has it though?

We have depth so it has covered up our losses but we haven’t exactly been the healthiest team ever.  

this is a fair point. We’ve also had our bye. I think the poster may be implying that we are currently healthy compared to the Eagles. That being said, we’ve had our fair share of injuries and have sat plenty of players because of it. Hopefully the early bye won’t come back to haunt us on our Super Bowl run. 

now if we dethrone the cheaters and take a first round bye, we’ll for sure be healthy :) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has it though?

Beane built the team to have depth in key areas like the OL and secondary which are typically the thinnest groups around the league. Smart. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

We may see Robert Foster this week with The Duke being a game time decision.  Unfortunately the weather looks to be atrocious this week so I don't expect a lot of downfield passing.

People are really chomping at the bit to see Foster.

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

People are really chomping at the bit to see Foster.

Personally I would rather Williams play over Foster.  Foster may or may not help the deep ball.  Duke can help Allen a ton more.  I like Foster and all, but I think he is more of a 1 trick pony that is only good for a couple plays a game.  Then again... a lot of games come down to only a couple plays.

• Like (+1) 1