Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am noticing that the national media is starting to make excuses already, just in case the Bills win this weekend. As an example, on Golic and Wingo this morning, they were reluctantly admitting the Bills were the better team right now. BUT, they made a lot of comments like, if the Eagles were healthy, this would be a different game etc... In other words, even if we win, we will still have people saying we haven't beaten any good opponents yet. 

I don't really care, winning is all that matters to me, but it is funny to see how reluctant the media is to admit we are a good team.

then we need to dominate philly like the cowboys did. don't make the monday narrative be...yea the bills won but philly would have won if healthy. smoke em by like 3 tds or more

I think Milano is such a significantly underrated part of this defense.  Really hope he can go because Mo Alexander was a liability out there last week, and I don't think Corey Thompson is ready to return yet either.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

then we need to dominate philly like the cowboys did. don't make the monday narrative be...yea the bills won but philly would have won if healthy. smoke em by like 3 tds or more

if we win, why do you care about the narrative? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This will be a statement game for one of these 2 teams, of course we all (well, most of us) hope it will be the Bills making a statement on Sunday. On GMFB this morning, they said a win for the Bills this week will move us from the kids table to to grown up table. Here’s to a seat at the big table. ?

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

if we win, why do you care about the narrative? 

i want to see a statement game where the Bills play clean all game.  It would be as much for me as for the narrative nationally as we have been this team that beats itself more than the other team.  Team spins its wheels and then finally takes off at the end.  Come out early and just put them down early and keep them down.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i want to see a statement game where the Bills play clean all game.  It would be as much for me as for the narrative nationally as we have been this team that beats itself more than the other team.  Team spins its wheels and then finally takes off at the end.  Come out early and just put them down early and keep them down.  

yea I mean I would be happy with that. I would also be happy with a 20-17 win with a FG kick as time expires....W counts as a W. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, eball said:

I think Milano is such a significantly underrated part of this defense.  Really hope he can go because Mo Alexander was a liability out there last week, and I don't think Corey Thompson is ready to return yet either.

Underrated by whom?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I kind of like how most of the ‘experts’ are picking the Eagles.  Can’t see us coming into this game over confident.  They should have a chip on their shoulder.  

With the Eagles being a “name” opponent, knowing they are desperate for a win and the fact we didn’t play well against the Dolphins, I’d imagine we will be very focused to come out and execute on Sunday.  

One of these days this team will start to put together some semblance of a full game..  Let’s all hope that starts Sunday at 1 pm. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 out of 4 Philly writers picked the eagles. The one who picked the Bills seemed to think it could go either way and went with the home team by 1

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-bills-predictions-nfl-picks-carson-wentz-20191025.html

The philly writers disagree with the philly radio guys, I'll tell you that.

20 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

yea I mean I would be happy with that. I would also be happy with a 20-17 win with a FG kick as time expires....W counts as a W. 

I get that and if it is that but they do look good doing that.  I'm just saying the first halves we've had we kill ourselves. The funny thing is all year I haven't thought we'd lose a game even in the Pats game.  I would just like to see a cleaner game out of the offense cause I do think if they manage to cut down on the penalties and turnovers early on they;d blow this eagles team out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Orlando Scandrick, who was just cut by the Eagles went on Undisputed to discuss the locker room issues the Eagles have. Later in the video, he believes the Bills will have success with the run game and will rely on the defense to win.

2 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

Orlando Scandrick, who was just cut by the Eagles went on Undisputed to discuss the locker room issues the Eagles have. Later in the video, he believes the Bills will have success with the run game and will rely on the defense to win.

This is what I'm talking about. They're trash.

23 hours ago, H2o said:

A lot of writers and other "personalities" are picking the Iggles this week, talking about how they are "desperate" for a win and their team is mad. We shall see. 

PFT’s Week Eight picks

Eagles at Bills

MDS’s take: Logically, the 5-1 Bills should be the obvious choice at home against the 3-4 Eagles. And yet I just think the Eagles are better than their record suggests, and the Bills are worse.

MDS’s pick: Eagles 21, Bills 20.

Florio’s take: The Bills have won a lot of close games. It’s time for them to lose a close game against a desperate team.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 24, Bills 20.

25 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

the disrespect from sharpe. good lord.... cant score without a short field? i'm fairly certain most of the td's we've scored this year have been 70+ yd drives and we have 2 spanning 98 friggin yds. and our defense doesn't depend on turnovers like he claims. he quite literally has not see a single bills snap or game all year I would assume.

same dude who said back in week 4 it was just an off day for brady and the bills were pretenders.