Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

While it was my reaction, it was because of déjà vu. Not the first it has happened. Last year they could get blown out one or two games then come back super stiff. Weird almost.  

So true.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Remember when you said we got ran all over and that wasn’t true at all in an attempt to take away from Mitch Trubisky’s larger half throwing 6 completions in a half.

No, the Bills did get gashed, if you watched the game. Just because a couple TFL pulled the average down, doesn't change a thing. Look at the forest, man.

It's a VERY good thing that the Bills have such a strong defense because they'd be digging holes they couldn't escape if they didn't. What happens if Tre doesn't get that INT? I don't know. You simply can't perform like that in the first half week in and week out and expect to beat good teams. We act like the defense was awful when they gave up 14 first half points. Eh. Awful by their standards I suppose. 

Kudos to Allen for consistently rebounding in the second half, but he has got to stop squandering opportunities in the first half if this team is going to be a legit contender.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

B-....I don’t blame him for the penalties, the odd game plan which never really established a rhythm, the lack of play action calls, and the drops. He actually would have been an A- for me if he hit the open Bomb and thrown that 1 ball away after scrambling for 20 seconds before the half. I really didn’t think he looked that bad in half 1. The whole team looked out of sync in half 1 and that’s not uncommon after a bye. 

He is doing what what he is being coached to do, play conservatively.

25 minutes ago, 808 said:

D

its 2019 and it was a below average performance for a qb against a historically bad defense. 
he should be dominating these types of teams. But he doesnt. Takes bad sacks. Airmails wide open players and isnt seeing the whole field well. 

i think some of you are just soo accustomed to watching bad qb play that mediocre play is like a breath of fresh air. 

A-excellent 

B- above average

C- average

d-below average

F-fail 

what about todays game is above average? Its 2019 and our qb can barely get 200 against a historically bad defense at home!  
its ok to be critical guys. 

I didn't think this thread was grading the offense, but rather Allen. Do you recognize the difference?

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This guy must have passed out at halftime

Recap for you- Bills ended up winning and Allen had a good second half as per usual. I’ll find you a highlight reel or something, everything is fine. Sleep it off

He didn't have a good second half. He had a great second half. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How is three field goals and maybe one sack and zero turnovers an F? 

He was something like 4/10, for less than 100 yards. Took a terrible sack on second down at the 2:00 mark that stalled the drive. Scored zero TD’s against the worst defense in football. That’s just off the top of my head. 

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

No, the Bills did get gashed, if you watched the game. Just because a couple TFL pulled the average down, doesn't change a thing. Look at the forest, man.

The forest is that the weakest player on our team, same as the last 20 years, is the QB and it’s apparrent every game this year. Matt Moore plays better and more consistent than Josh Allen. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's a VERY good thing that the Bills have such a strong defense because they'd be digging holes they couldn't escape if they didn't. What happens if Tre doesn't get that INT? I don't know. You simply can't perform like that in the first half week in and week out and expect to beat good teams. We act like the defense was awful when they gave up 14 first half points. Eh. Awful by their standards I suppose. 

Kudos to Allen for consistently rebounding in the second half, but he has got to stop squandering opportunities in the first half if this team is going to be a legit contender.

Wasn’t just the 14 points, it was consistently giving up easy yards and first downs. The offense overcame a below average defensive effort today imo. To be fair I expect more from the defense because we have a lot more talent on that side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

That would be an 'absolutely no business playing quarterback in the NFL' grade.

That's not a thing. F is the worst possible game. So 9 points and zero turnovers and no horrific passes is the worst possible game. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

He was something like 4/10, for less than 100 yards. Took a terrible sack on second down at the 2:00 mark that stalled the drive. Scored zero TD’s against the worst defense in football. That’s just off the top of my head. 

That's not good. That's not total failure. Especially when a perfect pass gets us first and goal that Knox drops. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

That's not a thing. F is the worst possible game. So 9 points and zero turnovers and no horrific passes is the worst possible game. 

F- is the worst possible game. Allen's first half was a little better than that. Dolphins don't force turnovers.

B

As Bills fans, I’m afraid we’re going to have to settle for what we’ve got.

Allen keeps winning games, which given the Billstanic we’ve witnessed this Millenium- it’s the only thing!

He makes a few stupid mistakes.

He is terrible on Deep Balls!

Because of this, he will never throw for 300 yards, until this highly annoying deficiency is corrected.

The Bills are fortunate... in 2019. They play an incredible number of sub par stiffs, where high QB ability is not required for victory.

Ideally, Josh will improve, as the Season continues, so that one day, the Bills will both get the W and Allan will perform like a star.

No, not Rodgers dropping balls into outstretched hands after 30 yards, but quality throws everywhere.

We shall see!