Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

31 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Wasn’t just the 14 points, it was consistently giving up easy yards and first downs. The offense overcame a below average defensive effort today imo. To be fair I expect more from the defense because we have a lot more talent on that side of the ball.

The defense was not good and the Dolphins offense is bad. But their defense is quite possibly worse and was really thin in the secondary. Allen failed multiple times to find the open target despite outstanding protection. Those are just the facts.

All the credit in the world for rebounding in the second half, but that first half was BAD. I don't know that it's reasonable to assume an OUTSTANDING defensive performance every single game. 

I think this team really has the makings of something special; Allen is going to have to get better at some point soon if that's going to come to fruition. I'm thinking big here.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

The defense was not good and the Dolphins offense is bad. But their defense is quite possibly worse and was really thin in the secondary. Allen failed multiple times to find the open target despite outstanding protection. Those are just the facts.

All the credit in the world for rebounding in the second half, but that first half was BAD. I don't know that it's reasonable to assume an OUTSTANDING defensive performance every single game. 

I think this team really has the makings of something special; Allen is going to have to get better at some point soon if that's going to come to fruition. I'm thinking big here.

This wasn’t an outstanding defensive performance is my point. And it still goes into the W column.

I’ll reserve judgement on who was or wasn’t open until game film comes out.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

This wasn’t an outstanding defensive performance is my point. And it still goes into the W column.

Oh, it was most certainly not an outstanding defensive performance. Milano's absence appears to be a big deal. Maybe I wasn't clear. And a dub is indeed a dub.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen, considering the level of opposition today, gets a D. Nice to have a guy with a rocket for a right arm and can’t hit the broad side of a barn from 30+ yards. Good win. Tre’s the MVP. Allen is frustrating as hell. Should have beat this miami team by 25.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

While it was my reaction, it was because of déjà vu. Not the first it has happened. Last year they could get blown out one or two games then come back super stiff. Weird almost.  

My tentative hypothesis is that while our depth is better, being down 2 LB was hurting us a lot (Milano and the one who is is backup and has been out recovering from surgery)

• Like (+1) 1

curious if the Josh doubters on here would have rather had this stat line:

Bills win.

Josh Allen - 9 for 20 - 143 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 14 rushes - 116 yards - 1 rushing TD

(what Lamar Jackson did today)

I personally would rather have Joshʻs stat line from today as I do not find what Lamar did as sustainable

He is developing....and, I think, at least on schedule.  He isn't a complete  QB yet folks, and it may take a year or two more.....but, he is progressing.  It just won't all get done this year.  Yes, I know, you want a Super Bowl every year.  Josh may not be ready to deliver that baby yet.   Has a second year QB ever won a SB?  I don't know.......

1 minute ago, rayray808 said:

Bills win.

Josh Allen - 9 for 20 - 143 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 14 rushes - 116 yards - 1 rushing TD

I personally would rather have Joshʻs stat line from today as I do not find what Lamar did as sustainable

Now someone is comparing the Dolphins defense to the Seahawks defense.

In Seattle.

In the rain.

The excuses for Allen will never cease to amaze me.

8 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Allen, considering the level of opposition today, gets a D. Nice to have a guy with a rocket for a right arm and can’t hit the broad side of a barn from 30+ yards. Good win. Tre’s the MVP. Allen is frustrating as hell. Should have beat this miami team by 25.

Missed the broad side of the barn here ??‍♂️??‍♂️

No need to tell stories.   We saw the game 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001067412/Josh-Allen-hits-John-Brown-for-20-yard-TD-to-give-Bills-fourth-quarter-lead

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Well, I guss I'll go B+ due to no turnovers. Missed another deep throw TD, and ofc the 3rd qtr issues continue.

3rd qtr issues continue?  He got the ball one time in the third quarter and drove the team for a TD.

Solid B for me.  I don't think he was all that bad in the first half.  Penalties took stuff away.  Money balls dropped took stuff away.  He could have played better but people are acting as if he was a disaster.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Missed the broad side of the barn here ??‍♂️??‍♂️

No need to tell stories.   We saw the game 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001067412/Josh-Allen-hits-John-Brown-for-20-yard-TD-to-give-Bills-fourth-quarter-lead

As did i teddy. Start another thread that gets chopped within an hour 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Inappropriate language
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

As did i teddy. Start another thread that gets chopped within an hour

Sorry you can’t crusade about Allen without being smacked with facts ???.  

I see youre crying about Allen in the defense and game day thread too.    

Take a deep breath, you’re doing it all wrong. 

5-1 brings the tears ??????

Edited by Teddy KGB

15 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Bills win.

This is a great point.  I watched that game and Jackson was a big part of the Ravens win as were two defensive TD's.  Both Jackson & Allen are winning games in an unconventional manner.  I'm with you in thinking Jackson's way is not sustainable.  But who knows.  Conventional wisdom is only wisdom until it isn't.

Both young QB's are in different ways CLUTCH & PLAY MAKERS.  

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sorry you can’t crusade about Allen without being smacked with facts ???.  

I see youre crying about Allen in the defense thread too.    

Take a deep breath, you’re doing it all wrong. 

5-1 brings the tears ??????

all right then let me expound: Allen, again, looked excellent on intermediate routes and made clutch throws when needed. He looked very good on the designed runs even though i’d prefer Daboll not dial those up that much.

he hasn’t completed a deep ball all year, and he’s so far off on all of them i doubt they even attempt many going forward. He took a sack in the 3rd where he held the ball for 8 seconds. His awareness is, lacking. But he still makes enough plays to win and has an all-world defense to bail him out most days so it’s all gravy. If you think this kid, as currently constructed, is going to win your team anything of substance, you’re mistaken.

that’s the last one for you btw. You’re a bully poster who needles anyone who slightly disagrees with you.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Now someone is comparing the Dolphins defense to the Seahawks defense.

In Seattle.

In the rain.

The excuses for Allen will never cease to amaze me.

Okay if you don't like that comparison how about this one against the very bad Pittsburgh Defense:

The Ravens beat Pitt 26 - 23 in OT and Jackson was:

Passing:  19 - 28 for 161 yards, 1 TD & 3 INT.

Rushing:  14 carries for 70 yards.  Had the run that out the ravens in position to kick the game winning FG.

1 hour ago, SJDK said:

I’d like to know which qb these negative Nancy’s would rather have on this team and you can’t say brady or Rogers? Also put their current 2019 regular season record after their name

large.BEEB6966-4758-4711-B985-BBDEA855BEA8.gif.b7b17c1457c39bc2c1557234033bdb56.gif

Deshaun Watson. Please and thanks.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

And if he won the Super Bowl, you would find the most negative interpretation possible of his play...

Right. Josh Allen is looking Super Bowl caliber for sure

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah, that was one of 3 bad plays that he had today. You're right that he didn't play a perfect game. Was anyone arguing that?

It was a brain dead play.

1 hour ago, 808 said:

Do you? He had an underwhelming day. If you guys want to play everyone gets a trophy participation awards thats cool you guys can hand out all the above average grades you want. 
it wasnt good. Multiple times during the game the showed wrs open and him not even looking that way. Over throwing brown/roberts by 10 yards was bad. Had a nice throw to brown on the td and a good throw over the middle to knox which he dropped but that was above average. 
maybe it was above average for josh allen but not for the NFL in 2019. 
Happy they got the win but that wasnt above average. 

A couple of things. First of all, if the other 10 offensive players we're all perfect then you would have a point blaming Allen for the offense's performance. Of course we know they weren't.

Secondly, I know there is one person that agrees with you , and that is Josh Allen. The leader that he is, he takes 100% responsibility for all of the mistakes and credits his teammates for the successes.

43 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Bills win.

Would I rather have a worse stat line? No that’s silly.

If the only thing that matters is getting a win then Lamar shouldn’t be criticized either regardless of his stat line. That’s how it works right?

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1