Josh Allen - week SEVEN report card

rayray808

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine needing a comeback against a historically bad 0-5 time. 

I swear, some of you would praise Allen for a comeback if the Bills beat Texas Tech by a point.

Was completely Allen's fault they were down.  U are right.  Not really.  We are in the situation we are in and he mans up and gets it done.   Why is that bad?

D

its 2019 and it was a below average performance for a qb against a historically bad defense. 
he should be dominating these types of teams. But he doesnt. Takes bad sacks. Airmails wide open players and isnt seeing the whole field well. 

i think some of you are just soo accustomed to watching bad qb play that mediocre play is like a breath of fresh air. 

A-excellent 

B- above average

C- average

d-below average

F-fail 

what about todays game is above average? Its 2019 and our qb can barely get 200 against a historically bad defense at home!  
its ok to be critical guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

Think people had very unrealistic expectations today based on just looking at the Dolphins 0-5 record.  Lot of frustration from the first half drives stalling out into fg attempts.  Wasnt thrilled with some of the play calls in the first half and as a team the Bills made a ton if mistakes.  I give Josh a B+. On the plus side no turnovers and had some nice sustained drives  Being nitpicky I would have loved for him to land one of those killshots downfield. 

Next week much tougher game

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I actually thought today they came pretty close to taking over the game. We had 3 straight good looking drives to start the game off. They all stalled in field goal range thanks to a couple untimely penalties and drops. Our first drive of the 2nd half was 98 yards for a TD and a 2 point conversion. They only punted once in the 2nd half when the game was still in question. We pretty much had our way with the Dolphins defense and moved the ball at will more often than not. What killed us was we only scored FGs on the first 3 drives. And the defense kept allowing long drives that kept the offense off the field. If the defense played the way we expected this would have been a blowout. The offense to me looked as good as it has all year, as it should have. This was the first game where we couldn't just expect the defense to win it for us, and the offense delivered right when it needed to.

We played the 0-5 DOLPHINS and mustered 3 FG’s in the first half and that’s almost taking over the game??? They have the worst defense in points allowed, yards allowed, passing TD’s allowed. Am I taking crazy pills? 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

There are people in this thread that are either trolling or have no idea what they're watching.

That is all.

I watched a wide open John Brown waving his arms BEGGING for the ball past the sticks and Allen stared down Knox and checked it down short of a first down right in front of him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We played the 0-5 DOLPHINS and mustered 3 FG’s in the first half and that’s almost taking over the game??? They have the worst defense in points allowed, yards allowed, passing TD’s allowed. Am I taking crazy pills? 

I watched a wide open John Brown waving his arms BEGGING for the ball past the sticks and Allen stared down Knox and checked it down short of a first down right in front of him. 

Scoreboard

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Was completely Allen's fault they were down.  U are right.  Not really.  We are in the situation we are in and he mans up and gets it done.   Why is that bad?

Getting out played by Ryan Fitzpatrick while playing against the worst defense in the NFL IS Allen’s fault.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Scoreboard

Tebow defense

3 minutes ago, 808 said:

D

its 2019 and it was a below average performance for a qb against a historically bad defense. 
he should be dominating these types of teams. But he doesnt. Takes bad sacks. Airmails wide open players and isnt seeing the whole field well. 

i think some of you are just soo accustomed to watching bad qb play that mediocre play is like a breath of fresh air. 

A-excellent 

B- above average

C- average

d-below average

F-fail 

what about todays game is above average? Its 2019 and our qb can barely get 200 against a historically bad defense at home!  
its ok to be critical guys. 

Two Tds and no turnovers is above average. 32 TDs and 0 INT over a season would be by far the best season in the history of the league. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Getting out played by Ryan Fitzpatrick while playing against the worst defense in the NFL IS Allen’s fault.

Tebow defense

Nice D today huh?

Looked great allowing Fitz to put up 21 points.

Good thing we have the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL. The guy that went 10/11 in the 2nd half and lead the offense to 2 4th quarter TDs 

Like I said: scoreboard.

Now cry about it some more 

Edited by thebandit27
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nice D today huh?

Looked great allowing Fitz to put up 21 points.

Good thing we have the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL. The guy that went 10/11 in the 2nd half and lead the offense to 2 4th quarter TDs 

Yeah the D didn’t play great. Not sure how that makes the worst defense in the NFL good, but it is a pretty strawman.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

No offense but if you think he was outplayed by Fitzpatrick you might not understand what you’re watching.

That was the subject of my first post in this thread.

Oddly, all I said was that some folks didn't know what they're watching. Didn't say who. Didn't say what those folks thought. Interesting that Orton felt compelled to reply huh?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah the D didn’t play great. Not sure how that makes the worst defense in the NFL good, but it is a pretty strawman.

Show me where I said that Miami's D was good. You are the one straw-manning.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I actually thought today they came pretty close to taking over the game. We had 3 straight good looking drives to start the game off. They all stalled in field goal range thanks to a couple untimely penalties and drops. Our first drive of the 2nd half was 98 yards for a TD and a 2 point conversion. They only punted once in the 2nd half when the game was still in question. We pretty much had our way with the Dolphins defense and moved the ball at will more often than not. What killed us was we only scored FGs on the first 3 drives. And the defense kept allowing long drives that kept the offense off the field. If the defense played the way we expected this would have been a blowout. The offense to me looked as good as it has all year, as it should have. This was the first game where we couldn't just expect the defense to win it for us, and the offense delivered right when it needed to.

Meh.

Drives stalling and not executing on offense is not taking over a game. It’s not a good looking drive if they are settling for FGs. And even after the 98 yard drive, they had a 4 and out next possession. It took a Tre White strip fumble to seal it. 

They needed to come out and smack the shiz out of the Dolphins and put the game out of reach. They never really did that and until they do it will be up to the defense.

10 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

If you were at the game you would see he misses the open receiver waiving his arms and checks it to an underneath route. Happened about 8!times this game. Then to win in this league you have to be able to complete a pass over 30 yards and he can’t. So the mentality of your ignorance is astonishing. Know and watch the game. Much more to it than rooting from the heart.

I get the Bills have hurt you in the past but calling me ignorant probably wont make you feel better. 

That was the subject of my first post in this thread.

Oddly, all I said was that some folks didn't know what they're watching. Didn't say who. Didn't say what those folks thought. Interesting that Orton felt compelled to reply huh?

Show me where I said that Miami's D was good. You are the one straw-manning.

You brought up our defense when I said Allen played the worst defense in the NFL. Definition of a strawman. 

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We should have been able to mostly move the ball at will against a historically bad defense, and we did. We didn't finish drives until the 2nd half and the defense wasn't doing them any favors. But they moved the ball. They had 6 yards per play which is good. I'm not saying the offense is elite or anything, but they sustained drives for the most part.